Birth of a Nation sounds INSANE. vol. Nat Turner Slave Rebellion Movie (Teaser Trailer - p. 5)

Haven't gotten to see it yet (I will sometime this week) but I find it hilarious all the negative review are from white critics :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They like their black people a certain type of way.

Read a article talking about academy voters didn't even show up to watch the screening in Hollywood because they are tired and worn out about slave movies. Same folks that give us ww2 and holocaust films as often as they can

Last edited:
I can't agree, I've seen many black people hating on it.
Black ppl hating and white critics aren't on the same level of comparison.

I'm sure whoever didn't like the movie aren't just one race.

Only a certain race of critics poorly reviewing the movie is a while other thing.

With that in mind, the movie is rated 74% fresh on RT by 177 critics and 76% by the audience.

Last edited:
Just bought the book this morning via IBooks. Probably read it over the weekend. That will be my way of supporting Nate Parker until the film hits YouTube. 

Man F all this! Birth of a Nation will be seen by me. I aint in the business of convicting a man that was found not guilty in a court of law. 

Were you aware of the facts of this case?

Always separated dudes personal lives from their professional. 

Idc what the man has done, Birth of a Nation is getting watched whether he was acquitted or not.

Doesn't seem right to me

People will bash Birth of A Nation but be quick to go watch the latest Medea movie......

That says enough right there....

People will bash Birth of A Nation but be quick to go watch the latest Medea movie
Do you have concrete evidence of this or nah?
laugh.gif

I was a little underwhelmed after watching the movie last night. I had the same reaction at the conclusion of this film as I did for the Free State of Jones. I'm not comparing the two movies, but I thought I'd be more blown away by the sheer nature of the subject. Anyways, I feel as though it took a lot of guts for Parker to get this movie greenlighted and it's a story that needed to be told. He didn't have a lot to work with, and the 8.5 million dollar budget was apparent.

I think it would have been cool as hell to have this story done as a mini-series. I really felt like the last 30-40 minutes were rushed beyond belief. A sub-2 hour movie for this deep of a subject seemed to be a very tall task.

Yea. If he was only getting 90 mins or so, they definitely should have "rushed" the buildup rather than the actual rebellion. They shoulda got deeeeeep into the aftermath of it. How afraid the white ppl were, what the other slaves were thinking, etc.

That's one criticism of the film that I agree with

People will bash Birth of A Nation but be quick to go watch the latest Medea movie......

That says enough right there....

it says people prefer comedies?
Bruh, c'mon. We using the word comedy loosely now.

Tyler Perry Madea **** really is like some Stepin Fetchit **** now that I think about it. Bet when some were laughing at it back then (ha I know a lazy ***** like that) they didn't realize white folks were laughing​ too and building a lasting impression off those stereotypes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom