Black Culture Discussion Thread

the very thought that slavery was the only introduction to the "civilized world", even in 2015, is ridiculous in itself.....

but to humor you,

america probably wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the trans-atlantic slave trade.

this **** would be like white people mexico, but less developed.

and africa would probably be popping.

so, to answer your ridiculous "question"

yes, we would ALL go back and stop the genocide and enslavement of our ancestors....yes, in a heartbeat

i would trade white public school teachers and crooked cops for a powerful africa under the hypothetical situation of slavery never taking place

sure would trade hundreds of years of absolute torture for poisonous big macs.....

i find the wording of your "question" questionable in itself.

enphan repped.

America would be dirt poor w/o slavery, that's how the wealth got built and a lot of white families still benefit off of it today. All these bank companies... **** would look ugly.

I have an honest question for the black NT'ers and anyone who is a descendent of a ....

Slavery introduced Africans to America... If slavery never existed, the vast majority of you guys would be born and raised in Africa...

Would you go back and change it so that slavery in America never happened?... Or accept that evil deeds sometimes plant seeds of greatness?...

Just something I've wondered for a while... Same with Israelis/holocaust...
roll.gif

I have an honest question for the black NT'ers and anyone who is a descendent of a ....

Slavery introduced Africans to America... If slavery never existed, the vast majority of you guys would be born and raised in Africa...

Would you go back and change it so that slavery in America never happened?... Or accept that evil deeds sometimes plant seeds of greatness?...

The question comes from a damaged or sick psychology (which is quite prevalent in this society).

The question only makes sense if one believes the Africa we see today is in a condition that was derived from the efforts, ideas, persistence, ambition, etc of solely African people's.

The question only makes sense if one believes the America we see today is in a condition that was derived from the efforts, ideas, persistence, ambition, etc of solely WHITE "American's".

Educate yourself more. There's no problem with wondering about anything, but knowing certain information can save you time that would otherwise be spent wondering about ish that doesn't need to be worried about.

The question only makes sense if one believes the Africa we see today is in a condition that was derived from the efforts, ideas, persistence, ambition, etc of solely African people's.

The question only makes sense if one believes the America we see today is in a condition that was derived from the efforts, ideas, persistence, ambition, etc of solely WHITE "American's".

Everyone should be pressing that flag button. This type of nonsense shouldn't be tolerated on here. Ban this idiot.

He's white and a product of the education system. Not his fault that he is oblivious to these things, the system was set up for people to be like this, the issue comes is when people use their ignorance to commit acts of hatred/prejudice.

More rapper ignance

Asap Ferg:
“That’s what it is about this culture of the Internet. Is everything is merged," he said. "There’s no racism with the Internet. Racism is probably like five generations ago... Racism been over. It’s the old people that keep on holding on to it. We don’t hold on to that ****. We don’t know racism… My little brother had white girlfriends. And that’s regular.”

More rapper ignance

Asap Ferg:
“That’s what it is about this culture of the Internet. Is everything is merged," he said. "There’s no racism with the Internet. Racism is probably like five generations ago... Racism been over. It’s the old people that keep on holding on to it. We don’t hold on to that ****. We don’t know racism… My little brother had white girlfriends. And that’s regular.”
Where is Ja to make sense of all of this?

More rapper ignance

Asap Ferg:

Ferg never played COD online, read yahoo comment section or visited stormfront :lol:

These rappers are so out of touch. :smh:

More rapper ignance

Asap Ferg:

i don't know much about ferg, other than he is from harlem? read the quote in context it reads a little different in the full text; probably still a bit misinformed/naive/optimistic but it isn't quite the statement it seems in isolation....

You do know if white people kept their ***** out of Africa it would be the most dominant continent on this earth. White people were creeping in others peoples land because europe didn't have **** so it was full of famine and savagery. My brothers shared knowledge like the Gods they are and in turn got taken advantaged of and the rest is history :smh:

i used to ask what the world would have looked like without slavery..how would things be different? somehow i came upon across the book guns germs & steel and it put history in a different light than what is taught in any history course i'd ever been in...the CENTRAL question of the book is, what factors shaped the world's civilizations? why didn't the arabs, africans, chinese, indians, native americans, polynesians, or native australians/papua new guineans rather than europeans, come to have so much influence on the course of the world. it is a book that should really be required reading...if nothing else it illustrates how the random circumstance(s) of environment made our world

i've posted this before, and it's probably been posted in here a few times, but it is still a great read (this video pieces were impactful as well); the case for reparations

you do realize there is a reason they ask people like Ferg, Young Thug, Trinidad James, etc these questions and not Killer Mike,Nas, Jay Elec, etc.

Or Cole, or Kendrick, or Wale, or basically anybody who might give you a somewhat intelligent answer.

Fool said racism was like 5 generations ago? Really? Kill yaself.

Nope Ferg is still an idiot.

"We all like having — like my brother had white — my little brother had white girlfriends. And that's regular, like —"

Just because you can now have relations with white women does not mean racism is over.

One of my homeboys had to find this out the hard way when a white chick he was f_ing called him a n_.

He couldn't believe she was racist because the chick was letting him hit. A lot of these younger Black dudes have this mentality.

"Oh definitely, but I don't feel like it's — but I think that's classism. I don't think it's racism." "Oh, classism, meaning like — it's just — basically it's not about racism no more. It's about money."

These dudes think because they making money rapping and have a crowd full of white people reciting their lyrics that they can no longer be discriminated against or that racism is over.

:smh:

I kind of like these celebrities making idiotic statements as such, just so people will stop idolizing them and realize they don't represent us.

Can't believe yall brothers surprised by this guy's comments
View media item 1460460he's a real clown in my eyes this type of mindset is the reason why our people can't move forward he thinks just like the average nergo just cause you can sit at the table with white folks he thinks racism is dead,..But hey we can't let people like FREG, PHARELL, RAVEN, COMMON etc be the voice of our people....I'm shocked at COMMON but not surprised cause once a artist reach his level of success they all start to buck dance....Don't be surprised if he's in a dress next...

Last edited:
Bi-racial beauty queen Ariana Miyamoto  should be spending this week celebrating her new title as Miss Universe Japan, but instead she has been using her energy to fight off nasty comments.

CA-L_YnWwAAjEMv.jpg

The 20-year-old contestant, who was born and raised in Japan, is the daughter of a Japanese woman and an African-American man, or as they would say in Japan, a "hafu" -- meaning half-Japanese. Many critics are complaining that Miyamoto doesn't look Japanese enough to represent their country and some have taken to social media to express their dismay.

Japanese websites Byokan Sunday  and Naver Matome  have rounded up some of the mean remarks, which include things like, "Is it okay to select a hafu to represent Japan?" or "Because this is Miss Universe Japan, don't you think hafu are a no-no?"

The former Miss Nagasaki will represent Japan in the 2015 Miss Universe pageant and while the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, thankfully Miyamoto also has some supporters. Fans of the young contestant include filmmaker and co-director of the film "Hafu," Megumi Nishikura, who told NBC News: "The selection of Ariana Miyamoto as this year's Miss Universe Japan is a huge step forward in expanding the definition of what it means to be Japanese." We couldn't agree more.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/25/miss-universe-japan_n_6938584.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom