Black Culture Discussion Thread

I was in Charlottesville, VA earlier in the week, and I had a chance to visit Monticello, and also Mulberry Row.

On the guided tour I was walking with another black guy, and he mentioned could you imagine us being here during Jefferson's time?

Here the workers, and cooks were placed underneath the house where most of the work was designated outside of that done in the fields.

Essentially Jefferson wanted to keep his slaves out of sight and out of mind.

Here's another story that was told...

When Jefferson would sit at his fireplace, he would finish a bottle of wine and stick it through a chamber or something in the fireplace, and then
magically another full bottle of wine would be sent back through the passage.

This was made possible due to slaves held in the basement on alert for empty plates , and bottles that needed to be refilled for himself or any number of his guests.

Then I got more information on the illicit affair between Jefferson and Sally Hemings.

Blacks were raped in a number of ways for hundreds of years without any real ability to climb out of the pit. There were many barriers to learning put in place; mostly as a result of preventing slaves to read and write as an exercise of the mind.

[h1]Every Student at This Los Angeles High School Got Accepted to College[/h1]
This year every senior at an all boys high school in Watts was accepted to college. Verbum Dei School in Watts exists in a gang infested neighborhood, but that hasn’t stopped its students from achieving.

“I want to be an orthopedic surgeon or an oral surgeon,” said Zachary Byrge, the salutatorian for Verbum Dei’s class of 2015, according to ABC 7.

Most immediately, I want to major in mathematics and do a program with Georgetown and Columbia, where I can become an engineer,” valedictorian Nicholas Spates said.

In Latin, the school’s name means “The Verb” and students dress in uniforms to get them prepared for the workforce. Students at Verbum Dai are all from low income neighborhoods, so their achievements mean even more.

Student Juan Perez will be the first in his family to attend college.

“They always tell me every single day — since I’m going to be the first person in my family to be going — they’re extremely proud of me,” Perez said.

“The key to success for these students is the desire for more,” said Martinique Starnes, dean of counseling

http://mediablackoutusa.com/every-student-at-this-los-angeles-high-school-got-accepted-to-college/

Akon
pimp.gif

I hope nothing bad happens to him.
Sad that I had the same thought.

This morning I walked into the subway to meet a black man (late 40s/early 50s) being detained by police offices. He was cuffed but it seemed everyone was having a calm discussion. I watched them and had my phone at the ready just in case things went left. I kept watching them until my train came but at least from what I last saw nothing bad happened. I was just so scared for him.
frown.gif

Here is the GoFundMe page for Umar's school if any want to donate. I'm not all that hip on dude so I'm not willing to donate yet. There are things that I do agree with him on, and others I'm kinda ehhhhhh, but I know others here follow him.

So Umar got caught messing with a stripper. Is anybody tripping over that? Cuz I'm not. The man some cheeks, I don't see the problem.

To be honest, I feel something like that is quite personal and shouldn't have any bearing on his prestige. As long as it was consensual between two adults.

Shoot, I think that whole Bill Clinton thing was over blown. That's between him and his wife. I can see why America would feel upset but I don't think its any of our business.

Back
Top Bottom