Black Culture Discussion Thread

This Ankh art needs to stop.....good god this is terrible
what's your take on this fam?
It perpetuates pseudo-science and false historical account of the African diaspora.

1. All african diasporans descendent of enslaved peoples came from West Africa.

That alone should dispell this gross Ancient Egypt fetish.

2. We were not all kings/queens/chiefs

It is well understood that the europeans bought or traded for most of the slaves from other Africans.

Initially the various tribes they delt with would sell what war prisoners they had from ordinary war.

After the european demand increased the various tribes went into increasingly dangerous and senseless wars (aided with european guns) to get more captives to make more money.

After european demand exceeded a certain point they just began outright colonizing the areas. So it is highly unlikely any of us have royal african lineage.

Why would the chiefs sell their own children?? (in west africa even if you were a royal bastard you still had better status that a POW or ordinary citizen)

As a person who values logic over sentiment, I just feel its false education and feeds into much of the pseudo-science already popular within black culture.

Last edited:
Interesting take.

I agree with certain portions and disagree with parts of what you said.

Like you said, it's most likely the POW type whose gonna be sold in slavery. Not a friend, community member, or someone you're connected to. So you have to ask yourself where did the POWs come from? When kemet fell it's documented they went westward.
To connect the dots, in my opinion it seems that it's likely the people who came out of Kemet went westward and were sold into slavery because they were more or less refugees.

With that said though, we're talking the people of dynastic Egypt.

It is also my in my opinion that the ancestors who built the pyramids and the culture associated with it, vacated the Nile did long before the establishment of "dynastic" Egypt and set up shop on the west coast and south parts of Africa.

When you see Nubia at war with Egypt, I think it's because they felt like they had a rightful claim to that land and culture. The infusion of Arbrahamic religions and Greek culture were the nail in the coffin of the remnants that were left.

At any rate too often were trying to look at African culture through a European lens.

I get the ankhs and stuff are played out, but if that's the latter that helps pull a man out of mental slavery so be it.

There's been a few documentaries in here that's showed that practices in voodoun, the dogon of Mali, and the pyramid texts are all taking about the same stuff.

Whether it be this from Ghana
View media item 1712926
Or this from a Kemet
View media item 1712927
It's talking about the same principle when it comes to the language of the subconscious mind.

In summary, I agree whole heartedly with you that a large portion of the people are dealing with post traumatic slavery disorder and trying to claim anything to pick themselves up with the mental slums but on the other side you've got people who are using European logic to understand genuine African sentimentalism. It's gotta be a balance.

All of this/us are connected. You'll find parts of your Psyche that are slave like and portions that are Divine. Same with your DNA. As within so with out, As above so below etc. That's part of the process for this alchemical journey of life. Dont let the European reductionalist state of mind keep you from seeing yourself in everything that' exists in creation.

Study the his-tory and focus on the my-story

Interesting take.

I agree with certain portions and disagree with parts of what you said.

Like you said, it's most likely the POW type whose gonna be sold in slavery. Not a friend, community member, or someone you're connected to. So you have to ask yourself where did the POWs come from? When kemet fell it's documented they went westward.
To connect the dots, in my opinion it seems that it's likely the people who came out of Kemet went westward and were sold into slavery because they were more or less refugees.

With that said though, we're talking the people of dynastic Egypt.

It is also my in my opinion that the ancestors who built the pyramids and the culture associated with it, vacated the Nile did long before the establishment of "dynastic" Egypt and set up shop on the west coast and south parts of Africa.

When you see Nubia at war with Egypt, I think it's because they felt like they had a rightful claim to that land and culture. The infusion of Arbrahamic religions and Greek culture were the nail in the coffin of the remnants that were left.

At any rate too often were trying to look at African culture through a European lens.

I get the ankhs and stuff are played out, but if that's the latter that helps pull a man out of mental slavery so be it.

There's been a few documentaries in here that's showed that practices in voodoun, the dogon of Mali, and the pyramid texts are all taking about the same stuff.

Whether it be this from Ghana

Or this from a Kemet

It's talking about the same principle when it comes to the language of the subconscious mind.

In summary, I agree whole heartedly with you that a large portion of the people are dealing with post traumatic slavery disorder and trying to claim anything to pick themselves up with the mental slums but on the other side you've got people who are using European logic to understand genuine African sentimentalism. It's gotta be a balance.

All of this/us are connected. You'll find parts of your Psyche that are slave like and portions that are Divine. Same with your DNA. As within so with out, As above so below etc. That's part of the process for this alchemical journey of life. Dont let the European reductionalist state of mind keep you from seeing yourself in everything that' exists in creation.

Study the his-tory and focus on the my-story
Nah..reductionism is bull. The world is too complex and so simplifying everything is just not possible.

I dislike this African sentimentalism stuff. To me it is an extension of the idea that african did not practice any form of civilization. To me saying that sentimentalism is inherently african is saying that logic, facts, etc. are European in orgin more importantly un-African.. This just doesn't make sense to me because entire complex societies came and went in West Africa and that does require some sort of logic, empiricism, etc.

As for your point about westward Egyptian Migration..can I please see where you got that from? I've never heard of that in my life and I'm genuinely curious about it.

I'll make these remarks before I read up on the links your provide.

It doesn't make sense to me because as far as I currently understand, there was no great egyptian migration to any place, least of all across the Sahara. As Ancient Egypt fell to varying outside forces, I understand the people just stayed an assimilated into which ever empire was on top at the time. To this day there are Nilotic peoples who probably have the strongest claim to ancient egyptian heritage than any West African would.

Furthermore West African cultures like most of subsaharan africa are Bantu speaking peoples. They do not process linguistic or indeed little if any cultural links to the nilotic, semitic, and afro-asiatic peoples. Tha bantus came out of central subsaharan africa and expanded all directions stopping at the saharan border and the beach limits of the continent (some even contiuned to australia and other places). So again I don't find there to be any ancient egyptian contribution to my exhistence. Further that with Yoruba, Akan, Hausa, Ewe, Wolof, Serer etc. cultures having no mention of Ancient Egypt as a point of origin I find this Egypt stuff to be bogus.

I'm on mobile so bare with me:

http://www.ve.org.za/index.php/VE/article/viewFile/832/2135

That's a good article to start with. It's somewhat ambiguous in its core thoughts, but it shows there is a faction of people that believe there were people who lived in Egypt and migrated moved to West Africa.

This is a good documentary showing the connection between west African spirituality/quantum physics and Kemet. I'm pretty sure its been posted in here before.

As far as assessing the complexity of the world/universe, I believe the ancestors understood the nature of our infinity and used common symbols that people could gravitate towards and develop universal concepts.

It started with the Hydrogen atom. The "original man, woman, and child." +, -, neutral. Everything else is a string vibrating from that concept/universal mind. That's the nature of this universe and duality, we're so complex yet so simple.

With out getting super metaphysical, my point is that you and I are having a conversation about similar topics from different portions of the world. If we were to try and explain some of this to people in our immediate community, it may came out with differing strokes but we're trying to paint the canvas to the best of our understanding.
So say we have this on going dialogue for a million years and a new comer shows up on the scene and steals your narrative. As the person being robbed, you know this new comer is short darn near a million years of the convo and won't grasp the magnitude of what you're trying to convey, because like all sciences and math, the more complex you get, the more simple terms you use to express complex concepts.
So if a child who just learned the alphabet stole some notes off your desk saw e=mc^2 chances are they would have no idea what that equation or those letters really mean.

To keep this metaphor going, you have a child (the European) who stepped in on million plus year dialogue and taught the rest of the world how to think. Because his foundation is built on the contingent of an ignorant understanding, a lot of people are doomed on their journey for knowledge before it starts.

Egypt is championed because the metaphysics are relatively broken down so simple that it was the first reference point the European was able to start understanding the universe. Using this knowledge, they formed the contemporary collective mindset based on his understanding of history and the universe.

This is why I have no problem with people using Egypt as the reference point for trying to gain knowledge of one's self. It's a proven system. Not to say it's better then the Yoruba and the orisha's or anything because theyre all saying the same thing.

I say all that to say, you can pick any point on this planet and the indigenous people will be melanated. You can pick any indigenous peoples spirituality systems and they'll tell you we come from the stars with a lot of them saying Sirius B. (Forbidden Archaeology by Michael A Cremo is a good book to read.)

So it's almost a moot point to say I come from West Africa or Egypt or India etc. This planet isn't event the original home.

I'm sure that lacked some cohesion so let me know if it's something I need to elaborate on.

Last edited:
Also wanted to point that we had set up a world culture upon our arrival.

The sacred sites that we built on telluric currents bare witness to this.

So the reason I said it was reductionalist in the first place, is because it would take a reductionalist state of mind to see temples and similar architecture built on the precise lines of latt/long going across different continents and think they have no connection. (Not referring to you, but European archeologist etc)

That's the nature of the Kali Yuga though:

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."

It's difficult for people to remember the oneness that was before the fall...

Funny I was just doing some related work that involved Baldwin(James) and Malcolm X. Particularly how the earlier Black Muslim Malcolm X sensationalized black people and used religion to justify it.

Baldwin was in general against religion, and thought that MLK and Malcolm's religious beliefs were doing more long-term harm in the black community than the good that their leadership was providing. I know most of you know of Baldwin already, admittedly I didn't know much more about him than the novels he wrote, exiling to Paris, and the LGBT thing

Suppose to argue if he was right or not about the sensationalism and if an impact could have been made without it. Also, and more controversially if his original concept of focusing less on race or atleast what's percieved as race was in any way a plausible progression, how different is it than the garbage Pharrel was trying to promote

Can you elaborate on the pharrell piece? I don't keep up with common culture too much.

I feel like the religion piece was a necessary evil tho. A lot of the leaders at the forefront today we're birthed by parents involved with the NOI and Christianity. Their inquiries into religion, for good and bad, pushed consciousness forward in ways that I don't know would've happened with out those starting points.

Can you elaborate on the pharrell piece? I don't keep up with common culture too much.

I feel like the religion piece was a necessary evil tho. A lot of the leaders at the forefront today we're birthed by parents involved with the NOI and Christianity. Their inquiries into religion, for good and bad, pushed consciousness forward in ways that I don't know would've happened with out those starting points.
Pharrel was trying to push a "new black" movement in which was suppose to be a new movement that black people could conform too if they wanted to "stop blaming white people for their issues".  Which is a terrible comparison to what Baldwin was proposing, Baldwin wasn't accusing any race in particular but saying that the concept of race and racial superiority is going to need to die before any real progression in America is made. But first white people would have to accept their history and shame(kind of like Pharrel's thing in this way, but it's not)

If you want to read more about the Pharrell thing http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ity-that-undermines-the-black-experience.html

Last edited:

It's interesting watching this being told in a Hollywood movie and we NEVER EVER see accurate stories of black history in Hollywood movies other than slavery. We see all types of European history in movies but never the story of the Moors. They know the history, they just want to hide it. I'm surprised this scene got snuck in. Imagine if there was a major movie had black people helping whites and showing them how to be civilized.

Last edited:
Glad this thread is picking back up :pimp: learning a lot more. Need to find a focal point and expand to learn more though. So much to learn, I might start w/ religion and the whole concept of God and Jesus, it always struck me as odd that European people were praising a man from Africa, has to be more to it.

i'm subscribe to their channel, i only watch videos i'm interested on.

OT: This is nothing about culture, but has to do with evolution (for my folks who believe in it)

It's interesting watching this being told in a Hollywood movie and we NEVER EVER see accurate stories of black history in Hollywood movies other than slavery. We see all types of European history in movies but never the story of the Moors. They know the history, they just want to hide it. I'm surprised this scene got snuck in. Imagine if there was a major movie had black people helping whites and showing them how to be civilized.

this criticism of hollywood has alway been curious to me, hollywood generally has NO interest in accuracy really, especially if it will get in the way of getting to the $$$ and it is fairly transparent in that regard and while there might very well be individuals with certain 'agendas' that are in positions of influence, as a whole it is pretty obvious the primary concern is that of Return On Investment; films are huge endeavors that even with today's technology require a lot of collaboration & capital (which is likely the reason that there haven't been many independent pools of actors and/or director to put their own money up to make many widely distributed films or create their own studios). then consider that majority people in decision making positions are NOT people of color...as well as the film industry being crazy formulaic (will smith famously used this thinking to decide which roles to take) it actually is it really is that simple when it comes to what movies/roles/stories get green lighted. it is about trying to find the path of least resistance to getting large swathes of people to come up off their $$$,..

the sicilian thing is not some untold hidden history, there may be some academic dispute about the 'africanness/blackness' of the berbers/moors/islamic peoples that came to eventually conquer some parts of europe, so while it may not exactly be common knowledge, t is not really hidden secret either is it?

Glad this thread is picking back up :pimp: learning a lot more. Need to find a focal point and expand to learn more though. So much to learn, I might start w/ religion and the whole concept of God and Jesus, it always struck me as odd that European people were praising a man from Africa, has to be more to it.

religion is a very broad, deep, and contentious topic, it is a really daunting subject to get into, especially for informed & unbiased context/translation...but who is the african man that "european people were praising?" jesus?

Why is it that people in this thread focus so much on connecting themselves to Egyptian kings and all this metaphysical and "we come from stars" spirituality. 90% of the successful businessmen who I know in LA, Oakland and sfthat give back to their community and take care of their family are strong agnostics. Even those in the Jewish community.

Are we so lost that we are grasping at anything that can possibly be the "secret" to having a productive community?

Last edited:
It's always been the people who have the "secrets" who move society, and that's for as far as you can go back, it don't matter if it's black or white.
To make it relative, It's the Crips, Bloods, and Gangs who make most of the decisions that move the direction of the hood. Guarantee they have a lot of "secrets"

This is one of the symptoms of the religion virus tho. When you present people with high science they take the religious mindset and dismiss it as that ol "kings, queens, and stars BS."

I'm sure you probably feel like let's keep it at a tangible level so you can see a return on your efforts.

Science
Medicine
Food
Culture
Art
Economy

Above are Just a few things important to the growth of a community.

The medicine and science necessary to treat a white person is different then that of a melanated individual, which is why they use albino animals as test subjects, because it's the closest biological reference point they have to themselves. It's the reason you predominantly see Blacks with sickle cell because they're eating a diet and taking medicine that wasn't designed for them.

So if I'm an investor with no knowledge of self, I could be easily swindled into investing into a science and medicine that's not relevant to me or my people.

All that to say, I get it. It's a lot of dudes out here rocking the ankh, pointing to the stars, and wearing a crown really to just try and secure the yambz whether they admit it or not.

Personally I'm not advocating for the hood to become metaphysicians, astrologers, or Rameses. Just trying to encourage the youngins to have knowledge of self so that they' make decisions that genuinely suits them and isn't something that's forced out of a survival situation.

Man I remember when "the wiz" was one of my favorite movies until I watched it as an enlightened man and readily saw all the hidden (well not hidden at all if you are awake) messages. I can't even watch it anymore, it's so blatant!

They really used some of the top black entertainers of that time to pull a serious mental number on folks, especially black folks.

Last edited:
Man I remember when "the wiz" was one of my favorite movies until I watched it as an enlightened man and readily saw all the hidden (well not hidden at all if you are awake) messages. I can't even watch it anymore, it's so blatant!

They really used some of the top black entertainers of that time to pull a serious mental number on folks, especially black folks.

Not trying to derail the thread, but this is the religious poison I'm referring to. And that's not a diss to you, just an observation.
The Wiz is a chakra story that's telling you everything you came to this planet looking for is already inside you.

Just because they threw a few symbols in doesn't it make it "satanic"

The symbols they're using were your symbols in the first place.

he medicine and science necessary to treat a white person is different then that of a melanated individual, which is why they use albino animals as test subjects, because it's the closest biological reference point they have to themselves. It's the reason you predominantly see Blacks with sickle cell because they're eating a diet and taking medicine that wasn't designed for them.

sickle cell is a mutation that was made prevalent due to the evolutionary benefit of making the user nearly immune to malaria.....

This is a pre white colonization/industrialization phenomenon....

you really have no idea what you are talking about.....

Where is the source for albino animals being used exclusively for testing?

This is what I'm talking about... random unconfirmed "myths" being taken as the key to success

It is true about medicine having different effectiveness rates based on race.

I literally heard this from a Doctor.

I was at a seminar luncheon for MS ( multiple sclerosis ) drugs and research and this was one of the topics discussed.

One size does not fit all.

It is true about medicine having different effectiveness rates based on race.

I literally heard this from a Doctor.

I was at a seminar luncheon for MS ( multiple sclerosis ) drugs and research and this was one of the topics discussed.

One size does not fit all.
is your post in response to mine?

if so, can you address any of the issues I pointed out....?

is your post in response to mine?

if so, can you address any of the issues I pointed out....?
Nah.

It's something a lot don't know.
So you have a person who is taking a fact (effectiveness rates for races) and extrapolating that into false truths (albino animals/sickle cell caused by "white medicine").

You basically cosign the entire post by focusing on the true part.... but don't make any reference to the false claims.....

Does this thread have any concern for integrity? 

So you have a person who is taking a fact (effectiveness rates for races) and extrapolating that into false truths (albino animals/sickle cell caused by "white medicine").

You basically cosign the entire post by focusing on the true part.... but don't make any reference to the false claims.....

Does this thread have any concern for integrity? 

he hasn't posted anything after I made that comment.

And I'm not co-signing what he said.

I'm saying what I am saying.

Back
Top Bottom