Black Culture Discussion Thread

So we're the only one allowed to rap?

Get that **** out of here. That whole conversation is totally counter productive to the point of this thread.

Lets keep it positive.

We not saying that Blacks are the only ones that can rap but considering Hip Hop is Black and Latin CULTURE and not just music, there is a high level of cultural appropriation that is taking place. Its kinda similar to how rock and roll was appropriated and now Elvis is the so called king of rock. 

We not saying that Blacks are the only ones that can rap but considering Hip Hop is Black and Latin CULTURE and not just music, there is a high level of cultural appropriation that is taking place. Its kinda similar to how rock and roll was appropriated and now Elvis is the so called king of rock. 
Yep......

Get that **** out of here. That whole conversation is totally counter productive to the point of this thread.

Lets keep it positive.
The POINT of the thread is POSITIVITY as well as THE TRUTH...We respect EMINEM because he respects THE CULTURE of HIPHOP & he can actually rap.....I hate when people put words in others mouth nobody said anything about us being the only ones that can participate in HIPHOP.....IGGY is nothing more than a CULTURE VULTURE keep it real man...That's us BLACK FOLKS problem other CULTURES of people are coming up & playing the game to win we are the only ones trying to be friends with our COMPETITORS not ENEMIES BUT OTHER RACES OF PEOPLE ARE OUR COMPETITION....

Last edited:
Yep......

Lets keep it positive.
The POINT of the thread is POSITIVITY as well as THE TRUTH...We respect EMINEM because he respects THE CULTURE of HIPHOP & he can actually rap.....I hate when people put words in others mouth nobody said anything about us being the only ones that can participate in HIPHOP.....IGGY is nothing more than a CULTURE VULTURE keep it real man...That's us BLACK FOLKS problem other CULTURES of people are coming up & playing the game to win we are the only ones trying to be friends with our COMPETITORS not ENEMIES BUT OTHER RACES OF PEOPLE ARE OUR COMPETITION....

What makes her a "culture vulture"?

It really just sounds like you thinks she cant rap which has nothing to do with culture.

Iggy in the past made a lot of outta line comments about Latinos and blacks before she blew up. Now she's profiting off the culture. It's not about "not wanting white people to rap"

Also TV and media outta nowhere forced her brand on mainstream. Wish I saved the article that was written about it a year or so ago.

This was before she started getting nominated for all these awards and ****.

An Australian chick....come here and imitates southern black women and rappers clearly. U can def see her past interviews where she has her strong accent and now all of a sudden she sounds like a black woman. She also have a history of strong racial insensitive remarks towards blacks and our culture on here twitter page( to which the industry is trying to erase btw). you can also check out her early music on youtube when she clearly was making music similar to Brittany Spears but when that fail she became a rapper all of a sudden. And she is winning awards for her bs smh. I read an article stating that all the radio spins she is getting for her sorry music were bought by her label and she is forcefully being pushed to the masses. Very similar to what they did to Elvis. She is an obvious gimmick because the labels know white america(not all white ppl) will eat this bs up because they can relate to her. Also i'm not one to give these **** rappers(2chains...rick ross...etc) a pass either.

iggy says stuff that is just as ignorant as azaelia but she gets a pass for it and gets nominated for awards ( I'm no fan of azaelia either. I think they're both pretty gross)

She spent the majority of her life in Australia yet somehow has a southern accent, with the booty injections rapping about a culture that's not even hers. She's not rapping about the streets and life in Australia.

I would respect iggy more if she rapped about her life in australia and her path into coming ova here

First of all, She moved to the states when she 16 and she (supposedly) scrubbed floors at hotel(I know this because I've listened to her music before). I dont know if you every moved to another region of the country but at that age, you'll definitely would pick up the vernacular of people you're around.

Secondly, awards dont mean anything nowadays, especially in hip hop. I thought it was well know, rap + white skin = awards. Dont get mad at iggy because you just now putting 2 and 2 together.

I guess you're anti Beastie Boys too?

Im just saying, coming off the last conversation in this thread, this Iggy topic is SUPER petty. I almost wonder if poster who brings this up is even black.

"Culture Vultures" are the least of our concerns.

lol im not jus figuring this out..bruh she an obvious gimmick and a culture vulture...like i said truth hurts its a petty topic to ppl like you who dont care for the culture.

Bruh i kno that she being push.if you read my comment i clearly said that. Just because she is doing her job doesnt mean it has to keep happening.. that why this is a black culture thread.

First of all, She moved to the states when she 16 and she (supposedly) scrubbed floors at hotel(I know this because I've listened to her music before). I dont know if you every moved to another region of the country but at that age, you'll definitely would pick up the vernacular of people you're around.

Secondly, awards dont mean anything nowadays, especially in hip hop. I thought it was well know, rap + white skin = awards. Dont get mad at iggy because you just now putting 2 and 2 together.

Im just saying, coming off the last conversation in this thread, this Iggy topic is SUPER petty. I almost wonder if poster who brings this up is even black.

i dont understand why ppl put words in other ppl mouth. i never said i was anti white rappers. i just spoke the truth. 

Not at all. 

The culture vultures are the people we dont see, the ones making the business decisions behind the scenes, the ppl who created the 360 deals to rape these artist

Her being a white rapper doesnt make her a culture vulture, you sound prejudice

i dont understand why ppl put words in other ppl mouth. i never said i was anti white rappers. i just spoke the truth. 

Lol when did I say you were "anti white rappers"?

The culture vultures are the people we dont see, the ones making the business decisions behind the scenes, the ppl who created the 360 deals to rape these artist

Her being a white rapper doesnt make her a culture vulture, you sound prejudice
Read the past comments i agreed with you lol. I understand and realize that she is being pushed and is the engine for a goal....and btw everyone is prejudice to a certain extent.

Back
Top Bottom