Black guy hair cuts

Always liked this style since ever

currently rocking

This is how I'm rocking my hair currently, bottom pic. Mine is longer on the top though. Had the Usher cut (south of France or burst fade) but switched it up when I literally saw 3 dudes get the same exact cut where I work a few days later.

i wear the south of france right now an i think im switching to this

good looks daytona

Well for locks you gotta blow dry your hair until the gel hardens... My hairdresser used to use this black gel can't remember the name but you could find it in any hair store ... but twist it real tight ... I'm talking about until like your scalp hurts and it almost feels like your hair is being pull out then blow dry it

sick.gif
whoever your hairdresser you need to dip ASAP, black gel with leave your dreads effed up and have a lot of build up in the dread in the long run. NEVER use black gel and most will tell you not to use beeswax either.
laugh.gif
I don't have hair anymore.

As far as the black gel, every hairdresser that does locks swears by it instead of beawax. But when I started doing it my self there's a gel called Jamaican Mango & Lime .. I actually still have an unopen large jar in my room .... but the same blowdrying rules applies or else it's not going to stay and you're also gonna need hair clips for it. I would use their lock grow and also a moisturizer for scalp ... it kinda looks like if you mix black pepper, oregano and oil in a bottle but I can't remember the name of it (it's not oregano, black pepper and oil mixed together that was just for a mental image of what it looks like)

Kendrick's hair however could've been just been twisted with a comb using regular hair grease

Well for locks you gotta blow dry your hair until the gel hardens... My hairdresser used to use this black gel can't remember the name but you could find it in any hair store ... but twist it real tight ... I'm talking about until like your scalp hurts and it almost feels like your hair is being pull out then blow dry it

sick.gif
whoever your hairdresser you need to dip ASAP, black gel with leave your dreads effed up and have a lot of build up in the dread in the long run. NEVER use black gel and most will tell you not to use beeswax either.
i've read numerous complaints about wax and some about gel, but nobody has an alternative that holds together your hair and doesn't build up. i don't want my twist to be longer than kendrick, so i probably need some kind of product to hold my hair together.
Blow drying your hair until whatever product you use dries is really what holds it together after twisting it. My main problem with the gel it is makes your hair look burnt
thanks fam! yeah i've had that same problem before, but i used allot of pomade so thats probably why. but thats a problem for a latter stage, right now i just want my damn locks to stay intact after a shower.

This is how I'm rocking my hair currently, bottom pic. Mine is longer on the top though. Had the Usher cut (south of France or burst fade) but switched it up when I literally saw 3 dudes get the same exact cut where I work a few days later.

dope curls..what products do you use if you dont mind me asking..been growing my hair out with a taper and been trynna get curls for a min now lol

dope curls..what products do you use if you dont mind me asking..been growing my hair out with a taper and been trynna get curls for a min now lol

If your hair that course you can't just get it a lil wet an get a natural curl look. Ya might need an s curl kit

I have straight hair, if i perm it will I have hair like you guys? Im being srs, ive seen some asians in my area with hi top fades and afros and the top is def not typical asian hair. What would I do to get that?

Kinda like how nyjah huston used to have dreads before and now his hair is kinda different. What did he do to change hair type?

I have straight hair, if i perm it will I have hair like you guys? Im being srs, ive seen some asians in my area with hi top fades and afros and the top is def not typical asian hair. What would I do to get that?

Kinda like how nyjah huston used to have dreads before and now his hair is kinda different. What did he do to change hair type?
Dnt go that route. Ish looks foolish. Just go low and get a taper. Embrace what you have

In my experience going from waves to curls like above is the easiest. Depends on texture of hair but the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie works good for ENHANCING what you already have.

Last edited:

If your hair that course you can't just get it a lil wet an get a natural curl look. Ya might need an s curl kit

Man the good old s curl kit :lol: I should have read the label more closely when I used it several years ago. Never again

What's good, guys . . .I've been looking to get a new haircut. My current is just curls on top, short on the sides. I saw this, and I think it's pretty dope. You think I could find a barber to pull this off? 

What's good, guys . . .I've been looking to get a new haircut. My current is just curls on top, short on the sides. I saw this, and I think it's pretty dope. You think I could find a barber to pull this off? 

Pretty dope.

Ok so I'm route to some curls, ima look for some good creams or oils in a lil bit any suggestions?

And I've been going crazy over this although it may sound dumb..... With curls do you comb or brush? Hard or soft? Wide tooth or fine?

I got straight hair as well. The guy in this video permed his hair to pull off an afro and fade

Back
Top Bottom