Black guy hair cuts

Man these prices are outrageous :x

Glad I started cutting my own hair. A small $100 investment in some barber equipment and some patience go a LONG way.

I pay $25 per cut. It's supposed to be $30 since I get my beard lined up, but my barber just tells the cashier I didn't get my beard done :lol:

$25-$30 is definitely the going rate around here, unless you want a hack job done.

I definitely miss Ohio $15 cuts :frown:

Last edited:
I pay $25 per cut. It's supposed to be $30 since I get my beard lined up, but my barber just tells the cashier I didn't get my beard done :lol:

$25-$30 is definitely the going rate around here, unless you want a hack job done.

I definitely miss Ohio $15 cuts :frown:
You got a cashier at the barbershop? lol

:lol: @ that's a salon

I pay $15 plus tip so usually $17-18 depending on how much money I have on me at a time. I wouldn't mind paying $20 or $25 but the cut would have to be 100% flawless for that price

I was cutting my own hair in college so I shape myself up but when I need a clean fade and to scissor trim the top I'm hitting my barber up and throw him $20-25

Plus keeping 2 barbers on deck is clutch

welbeck_2309578c.jpg

You of all people posting a Gunner :lol:

You mirin'?

I'd say three months is enough time to be fairly decent at cutting your own hair. If dudes are paying $30/ cut, and get at least one cut per month, you could easily argue that the time and money could be better spent investing in your own trimmers and learning to do it yourself. A pair of andis masters can be bought for $100 on ambazon and the t outliner goes for about $40. $140 for as many hair cuts as you need compared to $240-$360/year in hair cuts.

Trust me... There's no better motivator than ******* your own **** up. :lol:

Last edited:
the barber i was hitting since I been out here in Houston Ive been throwing 20 for a line and taper all of 2015, but i just kept that going from when I was getting a full haircut so I prolly could have been paying less.

started going to a new barber earlier this month. went on the 3rd and yesterday on the 16th. Paid $30 each time.

Now that ive faded down my sides imma have to go twice a month instead of once... im hustilin backwards lol

YO... this is a PSA.

Them Twist Sponges do wonders! Been rocking w/ one for the last few weeks or so... and it WORKS.

If your Sponge is crumbling or cracking up... it's getting too wet. I use the Shea Butter, lightly and twist away on a daily basis. No Issues.

S/O to @AZwildcats  for putting me on game for the Lowski. Less than $5 shipped to the crib... will def. be copping another soon for backup.

Cost doesn't equal Quality w/ these joints.
pimp.gif
so that's why i go through a sponge like every 8 weeks. glad to know that finally.

What are you guys using to battle ingrown hairs?

I hate this ****.
Try Tend Skin. Works great for me.

Tend skin worked me literally in a matter of 2-3 hours.

Man these prices are outrageous :x

Glad I started cutting my own hair. A small $100 investment in some barber equipment and some patience go a LONG way.

I started cutting my own hair in August. It still amazes me how easy it is to do a good looking taper on the sides by yourself.

I give myself a cut or at the very least a taper at the end of every work week.

Still hit my barber once a month. I've always said if you got a good barber at a good shop you paying for more than just to look fresh.

Last edited:
Getting rid of the ross today. It was a good run

But is getting lined up every Friday bad?

It's like every Friday I get shaped up but every other week I get an actual cut

I line myself up every Thursday in between cuts, which I do every 3-4 weeks. I cut my own hair last year but I couldn't get to that crispness level I wanted. Good part about ******* up so many times is I can edge myself up really clean........from the front at least :lol:

Anybody know a good barber in the Arlington, VA area? Just moved here and need to find somewhere to get a decent cut. 

Haven't gone to a Barber Shop in a min, but check out ultimate styles barbershop in Alexandria. DO NOT go to the old dude at any cost. He'll be the first one always Tryna get at you.

Back
Top Bottom