Black guy hair cuts

Has anyone here actually used Bevel?  And how does it compare to 

Have you guys seen this yet? It looks and sounds
eek.gif

https://getbevel.com/trimmer
GENIUS marketing to have Nas as the spokesperson for this
laugh.gif

Son's cuts/hairline is world renowned & admired by all... They're about to make a fortune off this.
I was thinking the same thing!!
laugh.gif

Check out the website. The company was made by a black guy with products and razors specifically aimed for black guys. I've never tried the stuff, but I'm definitely interested.

The Verge did an article on those clippers this morning. That's how I found it.
Just saw this today too on TechCrunch.  This trimmer looks so dope.  Like if Apple or some tech company got into the business and came out with their own trimmer.  

$180 for that trimmer? I'll stick w/ my T-Outliner

I've tried a single razor for my scalp and I tore myself up :lol:, had to go back to a 4-blade.

Tristian Walker is a good entrepreneur and I can't knock him for wanting to turn a profit for producing a quality product. He'd be good money if Bevel prices get reduced a bit.

I think he'd have to knock the prices down significantly for the average guy to buy his stuff. Only people I see paying $150+ for trimmers are barbers

Yo I had a lil mini fro and and I went to my barber to get a drop fade

Literally showed him this pic (found by searching #dropfade on IG)

Dude goes extra high on the fade and now I got like some Bryson Tiller ****.

Bryson_Tiller.jpg

Which is whatever, the hair is gone now and I'm not really tripping it looks straight.

But how can I get this ***** to stop fading so high. No matter what I tell him he keeps doing this dumb ****. Seems like barbers just give you what THEY want to sometimes.

I'm not too familiar with barber terminology but like he has this purple thing on top of the clippers, I think it's called a guard. Should I tell him to take it off.

Y'all gonna say just go to another barber (which I guess I could find one, but that's a whole nother task). the only other barber I go to just moved into the same shop as him and he's (the high fading guy) a dad of my friend (so the **** gonna be mad awkward if I be like nah I'm not ******* with you no more b). His cuts str8 he just fade too high.

Last edited:
so my barber has sickle cell and has been sick for almost 3 months now. Time to find a new barber, im so scared and feel like im sneaking around on my girl. True trust issues when it comes to a new barber. 

trippy thing is the dude im going to is a white, hippy, dusty, skater dude....but from his IG hes cold with the clippers. going in there with something simple. just want a Nas fade. 
I'm going to hell for what I was thinking after reading that first paragraph

so my barber has sickle cell and has been sick for almost 3 months now. Time to find a new barber, im so scared and feel like im sneaking around on my girl. True trust issues when it comes to a new barber. 

trippy thing is the dude im going to is a white, hippy, dusty, skater dude....but from his IG hes cold with the clippers. going in there with something simple. just want a Nas fade. 
I'm going to hell for what I was thinking after reading that first paragraph

Damn bruh :lol: :smh:

I've learned that you literally need to basically spell out explicitly what you want with barbers or else they'll freestyle :lol:

How often do you guys wash your hair? I wash mine every time i get in the shower, with the coconut & hibiscus shampoo...Idk i just don't feel clean if i don't wash my hair when I shower, plus I work out a lot now and just feel like dirt is sitting up there

Does anyone use castor oil for hair growth, beard or scalp? or any other hair growth tips. I know a lot of water and biotin are supposedly good for hair growth

How often do you guys wash your hair? I wash mine every time i get in the shower, with the coconut & hibiscus shampoo...Idk i just don't feel clean if i don't wash my hair when I shower, plus I work out a lot now and just feel like dirt is sitting up there

Does anyone use castor oil for hair growth, beard or scalp? or any other hair growth tips. I know a lot of water and biotin are supposedly good for hair growth

Washing your hair everyday is a no-no. You're literally stripping the oils from your scalp and doing that makes you have dry hair in return. It's okay to rinse your hair out with warm water instead and ust a little bit of conditioner if you want to feel clean after working out. But stop doing it daily b.

I shampoo my hair twice a week as well. In between I use a bit of conditioner after working out/playing ball and just rinse my hair out with warm water if I'm just showering when I wake up, etc

Last edited:
I think he'd have to knock the prices down significantly for the average guy to buy his stuff. Only people I see paying $150+ for trimmers are barbers

I'm pretty sure it's a quality product but the 180 price range will be too much for regular guys. Now it would be justified investment for a barber but I'm sure they would still have Andis T-Liner at their disposable.

I roll w/ the no-poo crew.

Haven't used shampoo in months.

I co-wash daily w/ a silicone-free conditioner.

If I feel my hair has product build-up, I'll hit it w/ a DIY clarifying rinse (hot water + baking soda).

I'm about to chop my damn curls off that I had been growing since August.

I had a nice lil drop fade with curls and every time my barber cuts me up, I have less and less curls and its starting to look like a damn high top fade with curls.

Not trying look like Kid from Kid and Play :smh:

I'm about to chop my damn curls off that I had been growing since August.

I had a nice lil drop fade with curls and every time my barber cuts me up, I have less and less curls and its starting to look like a damn high top fade with curls.

Not trying look like Kid from Kid and Play :smh:

Exactly.

What the **** wrong with these ******

Y'all dudes probably still look in the mirror after the cut is finished, okay it, atill pay the barber and go about your day :lol:

Y'all dudes probably still look in the mirror after the cut is finished, okay it, atill pay the barber and go about your day :lol:

I ain't about to get jumped over $15 bruh and you're not either.

I'm just about to start explicitly telling these ****** to not fade above a certain point.

Back
Top Bottom