Black guy hair cuts

ingrown hairs be a *****....best thing that works for me is using witch hazel twice a day...in a few days you should see some results
Good lookin out on that witch hazel. I usually use the andis t-outliner with the whal 5 star shaver to get a clean looking face. but there is still ingrown hair on my face that I miss.

^]Lol, I did that back in February and instantly regretted it. Snowed in for days and made a terrible decision.

Last edited:
eightfivefresh eightfivefresh This is a safety razor though. Most disposable razors are usually double or triple lined with blades. That's the "life changing" benefit people are experiencing -- they're not cutting as close which leads to less ingrown hairs.

You can grab a standard safety razor for $20 at your beauty supply store and a 100-pack of double edge razors for $6 at the grocery store. You can make a "premium" shave kit (brush, cream, moisturizer) with items at Target for under $30. This would last just as long if not longer than the Bevel kit and cost about a 3rd less.

I guess the bevel system "looks cooler" and you're supporting Black business, but it's definitely overpriced. My guess is that they need to cover shipping overhead and their marketing (all these podcast drops).

eightfivefresh eightfivefresh This is a safety razor though. Most disposable razors are usually double or triple lined with blades. That's the "life changing" benefit people are experiencing -- they're not cutting as close which leads to less ingrown hairs.

You can grab a standard safety razor for $20 at your beauty supply store and a 100-pack of double edge razors for $6 at the grocery store. You can make a "premium" shave kit (brush, cream, moisturizer) with items at Target for under $30. This would last just as long if not longer than the Bevel kit and cost about a 3rd less.

I guess the bevel system "looks cooler" and you're supporting Black business, but it's definitely overpriced. My guess is that they need to cover shipping overhead and their marketing (all these podcast drops).

My thoughts exactly, I'm glad to see a black business do well but this product is just a simply a repackaging of the safety razor and T-liners. I haven't used it yet, but I think the reason it looks "life-changing" to guys out there is because we grew up in the Gillette generation and didn't grow up using safety razors.

My pops is from Sudan and he's shaved with safety razors for his entire adult life. If I told him someone was selling premium safety razors for $90/kit he would laugh me out of the room

This is what I do. Still trying to find a good aftershave tho. My brother put me on a couple months ago

Bevel trimmer is light,repels oil and water , has a dial so that you can zero gap it on command, it's wireless & supposed to have good battery life While 180 is high I can see it becoming the industry standard
Also waiting for that price drop MAYBE $120
But that's still pushing it $100 flat & im not even gonna flinch at picking it up

Getting a drop fade tomorrow so I can start this sponge business.

Any advice on what products I should stick to?

Forgive the ignorance btw please 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
Dump that Lou Ana, ain't that cooking oil wtf.

And like dude said, the sponge and cream. Pick up a shampoo and conditioner with Jamaican black castor oil in it and your set.

Bevel trimmer is light,repels oil and water , has a dial so that you can zero gap it on command, it's wireless & supposed to have good battery life While 180 is high I can see it becoming the industry standard
But that's still pushing it $100 flat & im not even gonna flinch at picking it up

I got my T-liners for about $50 on Amazon. For me to ditch them for the Bevel trimmer they would have to be around the $75 mark and noticeably better than my Andis

Last edited:
Right! Holla at me for the Smooth $100 and I'm all about it.
pimp.gif

Let's keep it Real, people... with all of its intangibles, it's BETTER than the Andis T-Outliner and IT WILL become the Industry Standard in the coming years.

It's just not $130 Better...
wink.gif

Plenty of wireless clippers out already. Some even cost as much. Some super cheap. I'm just not paying $180 for clippers whether it's Bevel, Wahl, or Oster lol.

Right! Holla at me for the Smooth $100 and I'm all about it.:pimp:

Let's keep it Real, people... with all of its intangibles, it's BETTER than the Andis T-Outliner and IT WILL become the Industry Standard in the coming years.

It's just not $130 Better...:wink:

What? I haven't seen anything that makes it even $50 better than the T-liners. You get a set?

It's really how much value do you give the ability to instant 0 gap and make other height adjustments, being wireless, and the satisfaction of supporting black business. Like others, I'd give you about $100 for it.

What? I haven't seen anything that makes it even $50 better than the T-liners. You get a set?
Huh?... NO. Lol. I haven't gotten any... That's why I said it wasn't $130 better.

For $50 more, though... I'd probably go for it. It's not like anyone in here has tried it yet, so we really don't know how good/bad it is, until we make the move.

If it's not worth it when I get it... there's always EBAY.  Most of my Money back in no time.

It's really how much value do you give the ability to instant 0 gap and make other height adjustments, being wireless, and the satisfaction of supporting black business. Like others, I'd give you about $100 for it.
YUP, Basically.

$100 is the Go-Point.

I'll wait til I start seeing reviews on Amazon and other sites. $180 is steep to be a guinea pig for a product that you may not like.

Huh?... NO. Lol. I haven't gotten any... That's why I said it wasn't $130 better.

For $50 more, though... I'd probably go for it. It's not like anyone in here has tried it yet, so we really don't know how good/bad it is, until we make the move.

If it's not worth it when I get it... there's always EBAY.  Most of my Money back in no time.

Gotcha. We just need someone on here to take the plunge and grab a set

Aight so now im tempted to cop the bevel clippers....heres why.

Been usim andis for 12 yrs. Replaced em 4 times. 2 cause back in the gap i dodnt know you could replace blades 2 cause i just wanted new ones.

Anyways, i slightly dropped my andis the other day. They were in a box, and the box fell maybe 8 inches. Blade didnt chip so i wasnt trippin.

So i try to line up my beard today, and they make a nasty noise. I open everything up it looks good. Close it up turn it on and the same noise.

Try to cut anyways and its pulling hair and not cutting.

Do i need to replace, is this fixable?

Aight so now im tempted to cop the bevel clippers....heres why.

Been usim andis for 12 yrs. Replaced em 4 times. 2 cause back in the gap i dodnt know you could replace blades 2 cause i just wanted new ones.

Anyways, i slightly dropped my andis the other day. They were in a box, and the box fell maybe 8 inches. Blade didnt chip so i wasnt trippin.

So i try to line up my beard today, and they make a nasty noise. I open everything up it looks good. Close it up turn it on and the same noise.

Try to cut anyways and its pulling hair and not cutting.

Do i need to replace, is this fixable?

When I had the issue it was a loose screw after I dropped them

Back
Top Bottom