Black guy hair cuts

I've had a low cut my whole life. Might let it get kinda thick and try something new.
Yeah so have I.. for the past year or so I've been letting mine grow out but it's harder to maintain than a low-cut so I recently just went back to my low haircut.. the highest I'll let it get is a mini fro..

IMG_5319_grande.jpg

Thinking about grabbing one of these curl gloves too replace my sponge. Looks easier to use

Alright, I feel like it's time to buy a new sponge since I've had my current one for a lttle bit and it's starting to fall apart.

I have some random one that was like 7 dollars on Amazon. Is paying a little more for the Nudred better? What should I be looking for when choosing one?

Also, anyone know any good barbers in College Station/Bryan, TX area? I'll be at A&M for school this fall.

Alright, I feel like it's time to buy a new sponge since I've had my current one for a little bit and it's starting to fall apart.

I have some random one that was like 7 dollars on Amazon. Is paying a little more for the Nudred better? What should I be looking for when choosing one?

Also, anyone know any good barbers in College Station/Bryan, TX area? I'll be at A&M for school this fall.
If you're mainly only worried about the sponge falling apart, then Nudred is definitely a good choice. I had 2 of them (mini blue one with small holes and a big red one with slightly bigger holes) for months before I cut my hair down and they barely ever shedded/ fell apart. They also have more of a solid hold on them compared to others.

However for that price I'd rather just stick to cheaper ones that work the same. Honestly the biggest problem on my end was the holes getting kinda deformed/ torn, but that's to be expected when you don't take good care and just put them anywhere :lol: moisture is key too of course.

I got this one on eBay last year and it was just as good as the Nudreds imo

Untitled.png

For those of y'all that shave, what do you do to not get ingrown hairs/razor bumps?

I shaved with the grain with a straight razor and I still got some bumps on my cheek and neck

I used to have the same problem. I was trying to figure out how was I shaving wrong. Turns out when I would clean my chin area with alcohol for a week I wouldn't get them

I don't know what to call it. It's in the form of a straight razor but it uses a small blade. I guess it's like a practice straight razor .

Whats good fellas, cut my hair after 3 years of free forming and that feeling of water rush your scalp was greatly missed lol. Bout some diane brushes and silk durags and ready to get back at it. Anything else I can buy to help the journey

Whats good fellas, cut my hair after 3 years of free forming and that feeling of water rush your scalp was greatly missed lol. Bout some diane brushes and silk durags and ready to get back at it. Anything else I can buy to help the journey
What's your hair porosity and the kind of moisturizers you use? Got a comb and a hand mirror?

What's your hair porosity and the kind of moisturizers you use? Got a comb and a hand mirror?

I dont know my hair porosity and I do have a comb and hand mirror. I use coconut oil but been looking to use another mousturizer. My scalp gets real dry in this cold weather

For those of y'all that shave, what do you do to not get ingrown hairs/razor bumps?

I shaved with the grain with a straight razor and I still got some bumps on my cheek and neck

Get some Maximum Strength Bump Patrol from Walmart. Also get a face scrub to clean before shaving.

I dont know my hair porosity and I do have a comb and hand mirror. I use coconut oil but been looking to use another mousturizer. My scalp gets real dry in this cold weather
You could try a water based moisturizer and then lock it in with the coconut oil, maybe even switch out coconut with argan or almond

For now I've been testing using hair lotions (pantene gold edition) and softee conditioners (bergamot atm) twice a day since they're good for being thin and still keep good contact. Hasn't been long with this routine though so I'll update later

Been getting thin hairs toward the front. Not sure if they've always been there or if I'm noticing it because I'm developing waves and wolfing it all the time at the moment. Any tips to keep hair from getting shorter. My dad said no more hats for starters. I do plan to keep waves through the spring and then growing my hair back out to the afro taper fade. Just wanted to try waves forreal this time. I'm so far along. Advice?
20180218_212422.jpg

Back
Top Bottom