Black students fleeing Mizzou

How do you go back and quote your original abysmal post like it was supposed to prove something :lol: :rofl:?? All that did was re-emphasize your cluelessness

Yall need to stop feeding this bigoted agitating troll. We have no time for people like him. Nor do we care about what he's saying.

Best thing posted in here since dude started showing his true colors...

Just another close minded bigoted fool to add to the blocked list..

Dude is the worst man... Wow..

As someone who attended a HBCU I would highly advise against going to one. The detriments far outweigh the benefits as it stands today.

To me a college simply a means to find you a job and HBCUs do a very poor job of that compared to a lot of other schools,for a lot of reasons not all their own doing but even still why would you put your money towards something that has a lower payoff option than another school. All costs equal I'm not taking the HBCU over another school.

The " black experience" isn't worth 40k a year and a handicap in the job search market.
What?!  You sound ignorant.  Attending a prestigious HBCU helps instill certain principles, and you get to network with like-minded individuals.  As far as jobs, NC A&T graduates more engineers and accountants that all other HBCU's in the country, and most students have jobs locked up before they gradutate.

Aggie Pride forever, lord! 
smokin.gif

What?!  You sound ignorant.  Attending a prestigious HBCU helps instill certain principles, and you get to network with like-minded individuals.  As far as jobs, NC A&T graduates more engineers and accountants that all other HBCU's in the country, and most students have jobs locked up before they gradutate.

Aggie Pride forever, lord! :smokin  

Exactly, id say its in the best interest for blacks to at least hit up an HBCU for undergrad and then PWIs for advance degrees. I wouldnt touch a PWI for undergrad unless they are giving me a full ride and even then i still would be hesistent lol, hell i look like paying for school and having tk join a black student association org or something because the school i pay for doesnt give a dang about me.

HBCUs don't care about you either, college is college. I went to a HBCU for one year, guess how many of my credits transferred? None :lol:

Last edited:
Colleges and universities are most important for networking even if you work your *** off and are at the top of your class.

The better the place, chances are you'll be able to make better connections. That's probably the most important thing about college. HBCU or not.

Last edited:
HBCUs don't care about you either, college is college. I went to a HBCU for one year, guess how many of my credits transferred? None :lol:

Lol speak for yourself, if you are at an accredited school and program your credits will transfer to any other school with the accreditation.

Colleges and universities are most important for networking even if you work your *** off and are at the top of your class.

The better the place, chances are you'll be able to make better connections. That's probably the most important thing about college. HBCU or not.

Think is PWIs have great Alumni networks the issue is for most of them black folks arent going to be able to take advantage of them since they are good ol boy networks. But more power to those guys.

Didnt knos men wrent people..

Your a disgrace to your race...

:lol: how old are you
The funny thing is that dude talked about people being respectable yet he preety much said he would beat me up in person if he saw me in person in so little words. How is that respectable sir??? It's just the Internet lol. See when you call out bigots and expose them for their bigotry they get mad and want to result to violence. They truly hate us for NOOoo reason and walk around life daily filled with hatred. It must hurt to be such a violent person with hatred and envy for others. This dude hates Black folk so much that he takes time out of his day to go in NT threads and bash Blacks. Get a life you evil person.

They're a lot of factors that factor in to that., state vs private school, major, school you attended, etc...

They're a lot of factors that factor in to that., state vs private school, major, school you attended, etc...

Exactly cats go from majoring in computer science at one school to mass comm at another and think the stuff will transfer, or same majors but differenr accreditations etc.

Think is PWIs have great Alumni networks the issue is for most of them black folks arent going to be able to take advantage of them since they are good ol boy networks. But more power to those guys.
Exactly a degree won't get you a job or allow you to keep a job. I have friends who went to Harvard, Howard, Temple, Lincoln etc and their degrees haven't guranteed nothing for them. Everybody and their mother is getting a college degree nowadays so it's up to an individual to build their network and skills to be marketable, I don't have Ivy League degrees but my network is IVY leagueish. One doesn't need a university to build a network. You can go to Harvard or hood university and still hustle and build your network. In a white supremacist society even with an IVY league academic pedigree ur still a N word and more likely to get paid less than a White person with the same academic background. Also, a black with a degree from a so called prestigious university can be seen as threatening or an uppity negroe by employers. The HBCu network is real my cousin who is a professor at a prestigious private school in NJ! had so many teaching opportunities from HBCUs because of his publications and because he went to an HBCU, but he picked the private school in NJ because he wanted to stay close to home . I have many friends with PhDs from so called better schools who can't find jobs and would kill to teach at an HBCU. Getting a PhD from an HBCU at least guarantees you a job at an HBCU if you want to be a college professor or if you don't get better offers. I can't say the same for my friends with their doctorates who didn't got to an HBCU and are adjuncting for pennies.

As someone who attended a HBCU I would highly advise against going to one. The detriments far outweigh the benefits as it stands today.

To me a college simply a means to find you a job and HBCUs do a very poor job of that compared to a lot of other schools,for a lot of reasons not all their own doing but even still why would you put your money towards something that has a lower payoff option than another school. All costs equal I'm not taking the HBCU over another school.

The " black experience" isn't worth 40k a year and a handicap in the job search market.

This is entitled gibberish.

I have friends at top ranked PhD programs and they say that they can't build their network because none of the White professors in their department are willing to work with them and serve as mentors. For the most part theyre isolated and on their own.

I don't like people blaming their inability to get a job or or become successful with their degree on the institution where they received their degree. A degree doesn't guarantee anything. There are a lot of educated idiots with degrees nowadays. They're handing out degrees like candy nowadays. Also, sometimes people get degrees in fields where it's not necessary to get a degree to be successful in said guild. While ur getting your degree John Doe is getting experience in said field without a degree.

Last edited:
I don't like people blaming their inability to get a job or or become successful with their degree on the institution where they received their degree. A degree doesn't guarantee anything. There are a lot of educated idiots with degrees nowadays. They're handing out degrees like candy nowadays. Also, sometimes people get degrees in fields where it's not necessary to get a degree to be successful in said guild. While ur getting your degree John Doe is getting experience in said field without a degree.
Fax

Getting a job is 60% who you know, people need to learn how to properly network

Exactly cats go from majoring in computer science at one school to mass comm at another and think the stuff will transfer, or same majors but differenr accreditations etc.
just sharing my experience I went from a accredited HBCU to a public PWI and they weren't messing with those HBCU credits

IMO if you live in the west or east that HBCU conglomerate really isn't the move

just sharing my experience I went from a accredited HBCU to a public PWI and they weren't messing with those HBCU credits

IMO if you live in the west or east that HBCU conglomerate really isn't the move

East coast has some of the best HBCUs in the country lol. But whatever

Fax

People think going to class and doing work is what gets them a job lol. I usually see black kids from PWIs who cant get jobs because classes are so big you are just a number, and many professors arent teaching true game, especially if you are in a non business program. Grades dont mean a damn thing unless you are trying to get into consulting lol.

There's more to it than that, come on now.

Last edited:
People think going to class and doing work is what gets them a job lol. I usually see black kids from PWIs who cant get jobs because classes are so big you are just a number, and many professors arent teaching true game, especially if you are in a non business program. Grades dont mean a damn thing unless you are trying to get into consulting lol.
True I've received so much true game from my professors. A lot of my professors are world renowned scholars.

Last edited:
There's more to it than that, come on now.
I transfered from a PWI to another PWI and the majority of my credits weren't accepted. A lot of schools don't want to accept your credits so they can get more of your $$$$

Last edited:
Fax

Another thing is dudes go to college organized mixers and networking events and think their networking duties are over with.

For the most part events like that are useless, you're just meeting a bunch of fellow students that are in the same position as you fighting for the same job openings.

You have to get creative and make an effort to go out and meet real people in the industry

Back
Top Bottom