Blue Light Filter Glasses

Anyone have any recommendation for blue light filter glasses?

I heard most of them are scams but are there any legit ones that someone can point me to?

I work in IT and staring at a computer all day aint the move.

Thanks in advance

Anyone have any recommendation for blue light filter glasses?

I heard most of them are scams but are there any legit ones that someone can point me to?

I work in IT and staring at a computer all day aint the move.

Thanks in advance
Do you have a prescription? You can get a pair from your optometrist.

Also if you’re mainly worried about work use, turning on night mode on your display will achieve the sameeffect. Whatever yellows the screen will reduce blue light exposure.

My doc told me to follow the 20/20/20 rule. Blue light suppresses melatonin in the brain keeping you awake. If you gotta work all day you don’t want to block out blue light. I believe there is a admin/mod who is a eye doc he knows.

Just bought new reading glasses on Friday after having my old ones for a few years. They asked if I wanted these and I was like just give me the lens reflection stuff and since this had that too, I figured why not? Forgot to look into it this weekend but it didn't add much to the total cost so I actually forgot. Perfect timing for your thread.

My doc told me to follow the 20/20/20 rule. Blue light suppresses melatonin in the brain keeping you awake. If you gotta work all day you don’t want to block out blue light. I believe there is a admin/mod who is a eye doc he knows.

Can someone put me on to blue light?

Have the feature on my phone and tv.

But it makes all the colors so dull.

Depends what you're looking for - there are some manufacturers who will tell you that you get strain from blue light - can't say I've ever seen any evidence of that and I think that a good quality antireflection coating is all you need (as well as taking breaks - and the 20/20/20 rule already quoted makes sense - although it's not based on any science).

If you're being told that blue light gives you eye disease and that you need this coating to prevent that then that's a scam - it's all been refuted.

There is evidence that looking at a bright screen can mess with your biorhythms - and these glasses would prevent that. I don't think it's any different from using one of the software options though that changes the colour of your screen in the evening to reduce the blue light. You don't want it all the time though as it does warm up the colors (removing blue will do that) - just later in the day. If you don't want to do that then there's no harm in a blue light filter in your glasses - although there is some evidence of people not liking them. I got a pair to try and they made me depressed - seriously, just made me feel down when I was wearing them. I also didn't like that they had a subtle effect on colors - it wasn't unpleasant but just felt wrong.

my wife got some for my son when he started distance learning all day. 1 week later, almost all the kids had em lol.
he likes wearing them outside even though he doesn't have corrective lenses. doesn't seem to make a difference with him one way or another. he's back at school now and seems much happier overall, albeit a tad more sarcastic with his communication.

Been looking at picking up gaming glasses

I hear the gunnar brand is best.

I'll be picking up a pair soon.

The night mode thing on iPhone works wonders
Such a huge difference between it being on and off

i have it set so it turns on when it gets dark out and all the way to the warmest setting

Tbh if you have sleep problems it’s probably something else.

the biggest benefit for these type of glasses is if you get eyestrain from spending long hours in front of a screen

Interesting. I thought the whole concept was so that you get better sleep cause it blocks blue light so it affects your body's circadian rhythm and naturally signals to your brain that it's night time and to prepare for rest.

Back
Top Bottom