BMI....Volume. Im Normal weight and your Obese

airchris15

Banned
http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
5'8
Normal weight
happy.gif

Anyone who uses BMI as a guide is pretty much ******ed. It doesn't take muscle mass into account at all. You could be in top physical condition and stillbe considered overweight.

smokin.gif
dmbrhs wrote:

Anyone who uses BMI as a guide is pretty much ******ed. It doesn't take muscle mass into account at all. You could be in top physical condition and still be considered overweight.

i remember ontime somebody did reggie bush's bmi and i think it said he was obese

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Wow
frown.gif
I'm literally right between Obese and Overweight.

same here
tired.gif
, but it's been that way for like 2 years already; atleast it hasn't gone up...

Originally Posted by the north west

BMI doesn't work for athletes

it's mainly for the average dude who doesn't work out

Those are totally subjective though. What defines "working out?" I play soccer and basketball many times a week, eat healthy, and don't liftweights, but according to BMI, I'm a tub of lard. It's just a bogus formula.

5 ft 10 .... 238 with 7% body fat and it says I'm obese :-\. Doesn't account for muscle mass as mentioned b4 and muscle weights more than fat.

6'1"

I have a little beer gut but overall I don't consider myself fat by any means. I'll get back to working out in a couple weeks so I ain't worried.

Shouldn't you be able to tell just by looking in a mirror if you're overweight or not? Clearly an NFL running back who's 5'10" and 200lbs. at 5% BF isn't obese or overweight. But plenty of 170 lb. guys at the same height are pretty flabby.

Back
Top Bottom