Boardwalk Empire Season 3 Thread - "Margate Sands" SEASON FINALE

dont forget that nucky and rothstein seemed to be on the outs earlier in the season, then had a planned hit on gyp negotiated off camera. rothstein is just as calculated as nucky, and he has to figure gyp wants him dead too. hes essentially in the same position as nucky.

Rothstein is probably playing Possum. He wants word to get around that he's not backing Nucky and at the last possible moment, he will strike.

Rothstein is probably playing Possum. He wants word to get around that he's not backing Nucky and at the last possible moment, he will strike.

Or maybe he wants word to get around that he isn't backing nucky so gyp falls back on trying to kill him

Or maybe he wants word to get around that he isn't backing nucky so gyp falls back on trying to kill him

Gyp isn't the type of dude who forgets and Rothstein knows that. Rothstein isn't a gambler - he makes calculated bets - and wouldn't risk it.

Last edited:
Harrow, my man
pimp.gif

"We're on the verge of a war.  A deal will always wait and a fool will always rush in." - Rothstein

There's so many quotables in this show
pimp.gif

Last edited:
This would be epic. Damn.

Pretty sure that's exactly what's gonna happen. Similar to how Rothstein & Lucky met up with Gyp in Tabor heights, only to later have Bugsy try to take him out.

The preview for the next episode is deceiving though, so we'll see. We see Lucky warning Gyp that Nucky is after him.

edit: also looks like Van Alden is in deep **** with Al Capone in the next episode :lol: "please sir" lol

Also pretty sure Mr. Slater will get murked by the end of the season. Anyone else hoping some how Harrow helps Nucky out? lolz. Man if Nucky still had Jimmy/Harrow as his muscle/on his side, Gyp would be dead by now. Jimmy's last words to Nucky are ringing true right now. "when you run out of booze, and run out of company..."

Last edited:
damb, just read the synopsis for the finale

Sunday, December 2nd - "Margate Sands”
Desperate to weaken Gyp’s (Bobby Cannavale) alliance with Masseria (Ivo Nandi) and reclaim Atlantic City, Nucky (Steve Buscemi) cedes control of one of his prized assets to Rothstein (Michael Stuhlbarg). Harrow (Jack Huston) returns to Gillian’s (Gretchen Mol) brothel for some unfinished business; Luciano (Vincent Piazza) is forced to take on a new heroin partner after being arrested in New York; Chalky (Michael Kenneth Williams) and Capone (Stephen Graham) put their enmity on hold while taking on Masseria’s men; Margaret (Kelly Macdonald) decides to end one relationship and considers resuming another.

:wow:

Can't ******g wait!

You see it in the promo for the next episode. They're at a table and Capone opens VA's case and it's full of liquor. I'm guessing Van Alden got caught selling liquor in his territory, and notices he's one of O'banion's men. He says "what am I gonna do with you George?" then goes after him with a fork it looks like :lol:

Not to get my Breaking Bad on and look way beyond the surface, but there was a line awhile back about hats. When Capone and Torrio go to a bar mitzvah and an older Jewish man tells Capone that he's a man, yet wears the hat of a boy (since Capone was wearing his newsboy hat back then)

al-capone-1024-300x168.jpg

compared to 

Al-Capone_Big.jpg

I haven't paid much attention to it specifically, but different hats or not having a hat will present a different kind of appearance and message to others.

Did HBO always put the episode up around 6PM PST?  Last season I swear they didn't have it up until it aired on the east coast, either way I'm watching it now
pimp.gif

Which one, the 1st or the 2nd one?

----

I'm going to assume you're referring to the 1st one. He was Gyp's henchman's cousin. Showed up Gyp one too many times and had to pay #DatPrice. The shovel to the dome though, yeesh. 
sick.gif

Last edited:
I wonder who tipped maserea off. I know he knew that they would come for him eventually, but how did he know that the bath house was the place

Back
Top Bottom