Bootleggers using NT to make fake Jordan shoes.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by halfyhalf

I remember when JorOne's entire line of customs were knocked off. You just have to take it as a compliment. Like the line goes, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

word..i was actually sorta pleased to see fakes of the 1 of 1 custom 13's he gave me...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gillden

^^ Well people buy fakes because:
1. They think they are real
2. They can't afford real Jordan's
3. They think they are getting "exclusive" sneakers
4. They don't want to have the new pair of "G-Unit's" so, they buy fakes, with colors that were actually made by JB.

If a person is poor, don't look at them in disgust, but if they are rollin' in the mall with a Bentley, and they come out the car with some Jamaica colored 4's then you should be disgusted. That is just my thought on why people wear fake Jordan etc.

I agree with this but let me add

#5) The fake sites are coming up with colorways that are [color= rgb(102, 255, 102)]more appealing[/color] to the youngbucks and ppl who are tired of all the old c/w and styles.

I had a Louie Vuitton leather cap that I bought from a boutique store in downtown Mnpls before I even really knew what LV was, much less how to spell it. Iwas in 10th or 11th grade but boy I was fresh. This was the time when it was cool to cut all sorts of crazy shapes, logos, and designs into the back ofpeople's heads and when Public Enemy was the joint. Anyway, I digress, but LV and Gucci was just starting to get popular........in their early stages oflife. Now look at how popular LV is these days. You can get LV and Gucci print J's. JB put out that jacket and it was named the Gucci print V for theOlives. JB, like every company should, takes notice of all this trend following, too. You have to cater to your demographic. Why do you think they made theFusions in such wacky florescent colorways? JB sees that ppl want the fake looking stuff, hence JB is now making authentic products that look fake.

I've always said a company/business HAS to reinvent themselves if they want to continue thriving. JB is no different and if they don't do something(aka 6 Rings, Oly 6s, Fusions), they will eventually die. It's a simple business standard. Change, re-evolve or die.

Finally I know why fakes' shapes are so weird. First of all, looking at your pair at the first glance made me think that they were fakes.
Maybe they're not only stealing your ideas, but also stealing the funny looking shape of shoes after being customized.
Well, I mean, the shape of the shoes seems different after being added some color.

To answer your question, fakes are multi-million dollar project. To produce fakes, companies need to have the mole of the shoes.
Now, how can fake companies get the mole of Jordan/Nike shoes? BINGO, inside job.

Originally Posted by fvargas2000

tupac003, how much did he charge if you dont mind me asking? I wonder if he can make some true blue 3's out of some pures
You would have to talk to him but he also did my 3's into another laker colorway and it was only 75 bucks.

sucks that fakes exist, but it can't be stopped. bootleggers go pretty far to make money..

jb deserves to be faked.
as long as they cut costs with cheap subcontractors, of course they're going to be taken advantage of.

it's kinda like airport security. the big companies pay less than mcdonalds wages to security staff and keep whatever they charge on top. little wonder theemployees are forced to consider illegal ways to supplement their pittance of a wage.

although i've never sold them, i have purchased fakes before, and i make no apology for it. if i can't get the shoes i want at a reasonable priceI'll seek alternatives. Just as if a film does not get released in my area, i'll download it.

to all those crying about fakes, cry me a river.

but i do feel for the OP, who had his customs copied.

I've seen some fakes that look BETTER than the real thing... seriously when i got my fusions in the mail i thought they were fake because of the VERY POORquality. since when does JB put plastic lace locks ? =|

i was very disappointed... i seriously think, when bootlegger's shoes start lookin better (quality-wise) than JB... no ones gonna mind buying fakes..

Originally Posted by JordansRMyCrack

Originally Posted by gillden

^^ Well people buy fakes because:
1. They think they are real
2. They can't afford real Jordan's
3. They think they are getting "exclusive" sneakers
4. They don't want to have the new pair of "G-Unit's" so, they buy fakes, with colors that were actually made by JB.

If a person is poor, don't look at them in disgust, but if they are rollin' in the mall with a Bentley, and they come out the car with some Jamaica colored 4's then you should be disgusted. That is just my thought on why people wear fake Jordan etc.

I agree with this but let me add

#5) The fake sites are coming up with colorways that are [color= rgb(102, 255, 102)]more appealing[/color] to the young bucks and ppl who are tired of all the old c/w and styles.

I had a Louie Vuitton leather cap that I bought from a boutique store in downtown Mnpls before I even really knew what LV was, much less how to spell it. I was in 10th or 11th grade but boy I was fresh. This was the time when it was cool to cut all sorts of crazy shapes, logos, and designs into the back of people's heads and when Public Enemy was the joint. Anyway, I digress, but LV and Gucci was just starting to get popular........in their early stages of life. Now look at how popular LV is these days. You can get LV and Gucci print J's. JB put out that jacket and it was named the Gucci print V for the Olives. JB, like every company should, takes notice of all this trend following, too. You have to cater to your demographic. Why do you think they made the Fusions in such wacky florescent colorways? JB sees that ppl want the fake looking stuff, hence JB is now making authentic products that look fake.

I've always said a company/business HAS to reinvent themselves if they want to continue thriving. JB is no different and if they don't do something (aka 6 Rings, Oly 6s, Fusions), they will eventually die. It's a simple business standard. Change, re-evolve or die.

^^very VERY well said...sometimes people don't understand that...JB is STILL a business and though they would like to cater to the OG heads(myselfincluded....I was one of those who were into the funky shapes and colors back in the day...showing my age lol) there is indeed a new generation, differentdemographic that JB is trying to tap into. Companies evolve based on in part of changes that occur in societies and cultures.

roll.gif
Damn, this is just crazy. I never heard of this. But these are the factsthough. The fakes that were reproduced were of some customized jordans. That's no fault of Niketalk's. If anything, it's your fault for wanting emand posting them somewhere on the internet, i guess here on NT. And i'm not trying to pin the blame on you, but if someone had to take the blame, you gottaopen up your eyes and realize who brought the idea to the table. Also, if these didn't come to the light, something would've. Fakes are going to bearound regardless and it doesn't take a rocket scientists to say, "HEY! let's change up the colors!" on this jay or that jay. So bottom line,it's not the board's fault. these sort of things are gonna happen with or without NT. sucks that people can't hold on to their own ideas though.And to dude who posted, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. That's true, but it's nothing to be happy about. Somebody else is makin'profit off an idea that came from another person's creativeness.

thats the way life is its like sayin we can stop all crime its allways sum1 tryna make a bussiness out of ripping off others thats how it is all JB can do ispush the idea of say no to fakes and encourage buyers not to purchase knock offs thats the best they can ddo

you cant really blame the bootleggers dere feeding there family wit that money there selling fake jordans so cant really knock the hustle . i'll say bout90% of people on here no alot about jordans and passionate about jordans we all no .not to buy fakes are wear them thats all that matters people that wearfakes are people fake trying to look cool fit in.

thats foul, I bet you paid a pretty penny to have them coustomized and now you can get em for 30 bills

Back
Top Bottom