BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

It's too late to hold nike 'responsible' they have never been the height of quality, the price increases and production increases are because they've been consistently doing well.

It wasn't like people woke up one saturday with raw scarred 1000 dollar leather on their 140 jordans and then a week later got charged 190 for their plastic paper and glue shoes. 

The price increase isn't anything more then filling out pockets and riding on the increase of popularity. With resellers buying any and everything for 5 dollar profit, limited products that on a nearly biweekly basis sell out before the minute hand on a clock can reach the next number. 

At the same time it seems clear that jordan didn't intend to do much more then change the shapes, that was enough because it leaves them more room to change it even more slightly in the future to get people to buy. You guys kinda all were predicting that way before the year even came in. 

It's too late to hold nike 'responsible' they have never been the height of quality, the price increases and production increases are because they've been consistently doing well.

It wasn't like people woke up one saturday with raw scarred 1000 dollar leather on their 140 jordans and then a week later got charged 190 for their plastic paper and glue shoes. 

The price increase isn't anything more then filling out pockets and riding on the increase of popularity. With resellers buying any and everything for 5 dollar profit, limited products that on a nearly biweekly basis sell out before the minute hand on a clock can reach the next number. 

At the same time it seems clear that jordan didn't intend to do much more then change the shapes, that was enough because it leaves them more room to change it even more slightly in the future to get people to buy. You guys kinda all were predicting that way before the year even came in. 

Nike has definitely and STILL is high quality when it wants to be.

How often do you hear people complain about quality on the current signature Jordan's like the 29, 28, 2013, 2012?

The quality falls off of a cliff for the retros for the most part probably because it's gonna sell regardless.

My pair from FNL just arrived and the tongues are cool with me. Pretty dope that they are practically similar too.

I see a flat spots on the front of both your shoes. You're really satisfied with dropping $190 on a poorly made product? Keep in mind, the 2011's were $40 less, and didn't have that BS.

Last edited:
The deal with Nike shipping their pairs double boxed to the stores warehouse locations is not completely true also, i don't know how many think this & am only going off a comment that i read when i logged in. I live in Milwaukee WI about 4hrs away from the Eastbay warehouse in Wausau WI & was given a tour of the whole building about 3 months ago & watched them putting the boxes inside of the other box it's shipped out in. I only order from Champs cause it's the easiest site to get through with on release day for me so I asked the dude that gave me the tour why Champs stopped including receipts in the boxes cause i stopped getting receipts from them in my box after ordering the Cigar & Champagnes last yr. The dude told me it was cause they were going green, lol. I even called & asked & have been given so many different answers as to why they dont put them in the box anymore. So finally after the cigar & champagne pack that dropped this yr i decided to use Footlocker cause their sites somewhat the same as Champs & Champs didnt sell them online this yr, when i opened the box it had the dam receipt in the box, lol. This wk with the Bordeaux i went back to Champs online, I opened up the box & no freakin receipt, lol. I even called again this time & was like look, yall ship out the same warehouse as footlocker & they provided me a receipt & yall never do anymore. I also said to them i told yall before these receipts mean something to me cause i also collect these shoes & in the future if i want to trade or sell them having the receipt is a big thing & having to call you guys everytime to get a receipt emailed to me is bogus cause what you send me looks like something anyone can make on their own with the regular old notepad on windows & isnt the same as having the real receipt. I told the lady on the phone who is also in the Eastbay building in Wausau how do they all ship out the same warehouse packaged by the same people on the same line & footlocker will provide me a receipt in the box but champs hasn't for over a yr now, lol. Obviously she had no answer. makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody really knows me on here & might not care what i have to say but people saying that those with flaws on theirs should just accept it & send em back is a complete bogus comment in my opinion, im not trying to be rude or argue about it either just putting out my opinion. I got lucky & my mall had 2 pairs left & i'd be paying resell to get another pair or be out of a pair all together cause of the issues. I also dont get how both heels had dirt on them that i had to literally wash off on the pair i got shipped to me. Mine came with the paint completely missing on one of the peaks on the right shoe so obviously im returning them, but just cause it's a mass produced product means nothing & we shouldn't have to accept or expect it at all. they go through a Q/C check & if their as bad as my pair came there's no way it should be put through as able to be sold as anything but maybe even a B grade if that. I ended up buying the last 2 pairs from my mall 1 at Footlocker & 1 at Champs & both are precreased under the big bump that's under the lacing on all 3 pair, that's including the rotten pair i got from champs online. Only reason i bought the pairs at the mall is cause their no where near the pair i got from champs online. i don't know if many noticed this but on all 3 pair i have & on everyones pair i know who's pairs are pre creased & all have the cardboard shoe tree only pushed halfway in & all are creased right under where the shoe tree stopped being pushed in inside the shoe. Im wondering how many other people with this problem took out their inserts & pushed in their shoe trees & noticed its not pushed all the way in. I have a feeling that with them sitting for the couple months until they sold that the shoe tree caused these creases making the shoe mold that way.

I applaud you for speaking up. Agreed, there's no way these pairs should've made it to the general retail market. Like I said before, I highly doubt Jordan Brand even bothers with extensive quality control inspection anymore. They're leaving it up to the customers to decide if they'll end up in an outlet. I'd be less likely to preach about setting up a class action lawsuit if we weren't given the impression that these defects would be a thing of a past after shelling out an extra $40 on these "remastered" releases.

Exactly. It sure as hell doesn't warrant the $40 price increase. I'm telling you guys, this was flat-out false advertisement. It's a shame that there aren't enough customers willing to take a stand, and hold Nike responsible for their actions.

I agree that these didn't warrant a $40 increase. But I don't see that decreasing any time soon, if ever.

Were the 2011s nubuck? I was just looking at mine and I couldn't see the white underside that is usually the durabuck indicator. If they weren't that would explain why part of the grey panel on the side was peeling off.

It's not too late! Do you know how a class action lawsuit works? Do you know it's highly illegal to falsely advertise and deceive customers? It doesn't matter if you keep the shoes or not, Nike could face serious consequences over this.

Last edited:
If it makes you guys in the states feel slightly better about your price hike, here in Canada retail with Tax for these was almost $260... And the quality definitely doesn't justify that price tag.

i have to admit i wish i didnt pick these up last week since i already had the 2011 in great condition

plus their made cheaply and not worth the $190.00 plus tip to my connect for holding me a pair

Last edited:
You guys can always print off your order conf. from your FTL/Eastbay/Champs/etc account at any time so they really don't need to throw a receipt in the box. If they want to go green then good for them.

WOW my tongues are SO boring.
Black maroon and green
No yellow whatsoever
Only a tiny blue

Oh well least my 2011 have yellowin it
My pair are as bland as yours. I was hoping for some blue down the middle. I jus shook my head. I had the pull tab issues, well it looked like they were messed up along with the inner boogie. Then I tried em up and they looked normal to me. The toe box is pretty soft compared to my Barcelona Days, which to me has better contruction.
My pair from FNL just arrived and the tongues are cool with me. Pretty dope that they are practically similar too.
I like your tongues. I'll jus have to deal wit my pair. Joints on the right, your left, got a fender bender. Can't buff dat out.
Nike has definitely and STILL is high quality when it wants to be.
How often do you hear people complain about quality on the current signature Jordan's like the 29, 28, 2013, 2012?
The quality falls off of a cliff for the retros for the most part probably because it's gonna sell regardless.

Did finish line give anybody their money back for those who got orders cancelled on them? I'm on the phone now. I'm probably done with fools with releases

Eastbay caught one of my two orders that I tried to push through my Silver subscription. I've never had that happen before. Typically, so long as I was logged out when i added to cart, i could log in and get free shipping on the order, but not anymore. I even used different browsers and they still caught on.... interesting to say the least.

Eastbay caught one of my two orders that I tried to push through my Silver subscription. I've never had that happen before. Typically, so long as I was logged out when i added to cart, i could log in and get free shipping on the order, but not anymore. I even used different browsers and they still caught on.... interesting to say the least.
I never know about things like this till they no longer work.  Can you explain it for those of us that never knew the trick?

I applaud you for speaking up. Agreed, there's no way these pairs should've made it to the general retail market. Like I said before, I highly doubt Jordan Brand even bothers with extensive quality control inspection anymore. They're leaving it up to the customers to decide if they'll end up in an outlet. I'd be less likely to preach about setting up a class action lawsuit if we weren't given the impression that these defects would be a thing of a past after shelling out an extra $40 on these "remastered" releases.

Well I have zero issue with returning shoes I'm not happy with. Maybe I was expecting a lot because I love huaraches and the neoprene sock liner is what hugs your foot and gives it comfort but the neoprene in these IS NOT what Nike uses in huaraches today. Not as soft, not as stretchy and not as comfortable. But like I said before, these don't suck because that's all Nike is capable of doing. Nike picks and chooses what they want to be high quality and what they don't want to be. And they definitely made this shoe the way they did deliberately. And then slapped a $200 price tag on it. I'd rather buy 2 pairs of huaraches with that money. That's actually exactly what I did.

I never know about things like this till they no longer work.  Can you explain it for those of us that never knew the trick?

I just made sure i was logged out of all browser windows and added to cart until one got in the cart. At that point I would stop adding on the other windows until the one that was in the cart was fully checked out. Then I start adding on the other browser again. Doesn't matter anymore though it seems.

Just got mine in from EB. VERY disappointed in these. Bad glue job, cheap feeling/uppers, etc. I really thought my only problem with these was gonna be the damn near black midsole. Nike played us with this "remastered" scam. Like I said before, the first four or five releases this year had remastered in the shoes title, but I haven't seen the word remastered attached since the Teal Vs. With the exception of the 1s that have been released since April/May, not a single release has exceeded the overall quality of the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom