BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

All the 7s retros from 2011-2012 were trash compared to 7 retros from prior. From the shape and colors, the 2011 Bordeauxs did not get it exactly right and I'm sure the 2015s will at least be closer to the OGs than the 2011

the only real issue with the '11 bordeauxs is the grey they used on the midsole was way too light in color and shiny. shoulda been more of a charcoal/anthracite darker hue and with a matte finish. other than that i thought the '11s were dope and pretty on point. maybe the suede on the toe box coulda been a shade or 2 darker as well, but like steve said the "11s are def. a solid retro. i had the OGs in '92 and i was pretty happy with the retros.

Last edited:
definite cop for me since i missed out on the 11 pair, i am pretty curious about the quality difference from the 11 pair though. Also the hype on it, cause you know how there was so much hype on the black infrared 6/s but like a week before release date it died? I feel like thats gonna happen with these. but we'll see

definite cop for me since i missed out on the 11 pair, i am pretty curious about the quality difference from the 11 pair though. Also the hype on it, cause you know how there was so much hype on the black infrared 6/s but like a week before release date it died? I feel like thats gonna happen with these. but we'll see
The hype for black infrared 6s never died. Thread was moving wayyy faster on week of release

Last edited:
To play Devil's advocate, I can definitely see both sides on this. I have no problems with people who like the retros, I know plenty do. And I also agree that if you don't like... don't buy, simple as that.

But I would also argue that they were NOT up to scratch, not really when you consider that JB cut a lot of corners in terms of materials & comfort there. And also what they had given us before.

1. Reduced the double layered leather on the uppers to one flimsy single piece.

2. Severely reduced the padding in the inner bootie to virtually zero, drastically marring the comfort compared to the OGs, even the '00s retros.

3. The shiny midsole -no logical reason for this other than to cut costs with a cheaper method of paint, all other 7s until then had a matte finish.

4. Overall aesthetics such as lower ankle sections... subjective I know, but a lot of people didn't like this change.

4. Did all this, but of course still raised the price to $150... at the time they were the 2nd most expensive 7s released (CDPs were $155 if you split the pack)

Once again... if you were cool with those changes, then fine, I'm certainly not tryna clown or put down anybody who loves 'em.

But I would say those were justifiably legitimate reasons to complain... not saying the the retro 7s from '02-'08 were perfect, nor the OGs for that matter... but the '11 Bordeauxs were definitely a drop in quality to what we had seen up until then.
*And for the record (just in case someone undoubtedly accuses me of not knowing what I'm talking about lol) ...I had the Bords in '91, a couple more pairs after, and then bought the '11 retros on release day.

I put the two shoes together and compared the points I made above, I also tried them both on for comfort. 

And for me personally... in my opinion... the '11 retros were not cutting it... I returned them to Niketown the very next day.

Haven't bought a pair of Air Jordans since lol.
Serious business this quality debate 
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
nthat.gif

Last edited:
It's crazy to me that these are so popular. I remember when these came out (I'm 35) and on top of the disappointment about the not visible air unit, these were ugly as sin. I remember my mother practically pushed a pair on me at the Rehoboth Nike outlet, cause that's where most of em ended up. Cats was running around dressed like this and they still didn't sell like that. View media item 1404495
Ahh the late 80s and 90s. And don't front like you didn't have studio Umen or cross colors if you were my age!!!

I hope people don't hype this up too bad tbh. I passed in 2011 with no hesitation.

I got no problem with the quality of my 2011's. Literally the most worn shoe in my closet and they still look extremely good.

I actually like the higher cut and cushioning of the OGs, does anyone know where I can get a shirt like Chicago off of Poetic Justice?

Only thing killing the 7s for me is the addition of the "performance steel toe" from the 6s :x :smh:

Just my quick opinion on the debate. Any and everyone has the right to complain about retro/remasters on NT:

-1st off, JB does owe consumer and exact (or near) replica of the OGs. Not because of some sense of entitlement that consumers have, but because that what they market their products as. They made it even worst for themselves with all the nonsense they spewed at the Remaster reveal

-2nd, NT is the proper forums to voice complaints. Niketalk is not a JB/NIke fan site, it is for discussion about everything sneakers. Complaints about JB half assing retros falls into that category. I 'm down with the "don't like, don't buy" motto. Because if you raise holy hell and still cop, then you got sucka written all over you

The 2011 were passable in my opinion, but JB could have done a whole lot better.

Last edited:
had these in a 10.5 had to give em away to a friend that moved to florida my size was 9.5

I understand that we shouldn't judge a release based on page count/post count, but according to a lot of the other members in the other thread if this shoe ends up being a GR "it will sit" yet I come into this thread and we're 30 pages deep without any actual pictures and months away from release day :lol:.

Black based shoes sell better for the most part. These will sell very well. Maybe not quite as well as the charcoal pair, but quickly none the less.

I hope people don't hype this up too bad tbh. I passed in 2011 with no hesitation.

Ive owned the og first day it released

Bought the 2011 retro

You are crazy if you think the 2015 retro will be remotely close to the og

You will be lucky if its close to the 2011 retro

I have no problem with the 2011 retro

It was far from a piss poor retro. It wasnt the og but what did you expect? Nike has never retroed a shoe exactly like an og

You said you passed with no hesitation on the 2011 retro yet you are all pumped for a shoe you havent even seen yet?

Something sounds fishy here....

Bought the 2011 retro

It was far from a piss poor retro. It wasnt the og but what did you expect? Nike has never retroed a shoe exactly like an og

You said you passed with no hesitation on the 2011 retro yet you are all pumped for a shoe you havent even seen yet?

Im just waiting to see what they will look like. All other comments about how they will look is just speculation. We'll see how close or not close they'll look when they are unveiled.

You have zero idea if they will look further away than the 2015 remaster. The Chicago 1s look more OG than the 2013 and 2003 mids. As well as the Chicago 10s except the 45. But we'll see tho

Last edited:

Bought the 2011 retro

true.

Though the retros from 1994 - 2001 were at least very close in terms of shape, materials and details.
Look at the AJ 2 retro 1994 and AJ 2 retro 2005 - 2014. Alone the toe box is totally different and they
don't give us NIKE on the outsoles anymore. The lining on the midfoot should be just white like the
rest of the upper for the white/black-reds.

AJ 6 black/infareds: 2000 retro had the NIKE Air logo at the heel and insoles, a slightly remolded toe box, Durabuck was less shiny than on the OGs
but lacked 3M and the paintjob was poor (chipping like crazy).
2010 varsity reds were an atrocity while the 2014 black/infareds were overall a good retro and mainly lack in the return of the NIKE air logos.

For the following models I want simple changes back to the design like on the OGs:

AJ II - V: use the original shape of toe boxes and stick to NIKE logos on all OG colorways!
AJ VIII: use the original shape of laceloop triangle and make it dull again!
AJ IX: let the 1st row of lace holes have the plastic lace loops again!
AJ XI mids: left shoe Jumpman facing forward and higher patent leather cuts!
AJ XII: metal lace loops and durable midsoles and thicker leather (lizard pattern part)

Leather quality and paintjob should be at least on the level of 1999 for that steep price increase LOL

But I have the feeling JB/Nike just don't care and produce same inconsistent quality and detail like recent
years.

Back
Top Bottom