BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

Don't care for the bright green
eyes.gif

Im gonna say this for what it feels like the 900th time we have all told each other.

Its 2015, why can't we get previews from blogs and early reviews from people with better quality cameras?

Is it really too much to ask? People spend SO MUCH time, money and attention on trying to be TEAM EARLY, they need to invest in better equipment.

That would eliminate all the guessing we have to do when it comes to color, material etc...

Im sure a Galaxy S5 and an iPhone 6 would take better pics and videos than this. I felt like I was on a boat the entire time... :frown:
Agreed, I think its safe to say that with there already being a good deal of pictures for releases coming after these, there should at least be some high resolution photos of the Bordeaux's out now.

I've always found it strange that the OG or highly sought after releases like these have little images and then less sought after releases have so many pics(ex. Is the white and gold 9s).

it's just good, strategic marketing, that's all. the colorways that aren't og, that ppl might be on the fence about, u release pics months in advance so it can "grow" on ppl. the hype builds for months and ppl go from hating it, then 7 months later when the shoe is about to release and the hype has built, ppl do the 180 and all of a sudden ppl love them and they sell out.

on the flip side, a shoe like bordeauxs or hares or chi 1s or any highly sought after og c/w, u let hype build by NOT releasing images until the last minute. this way ppl get antsy and keep talking the shoe up, wondering why there are ni pics and the same desired effect is achieved... the HYPE has built. this is just a theory, but it makes perfect sense to me and this method seems to be working out pretty good for them.

Last edited:
it's just good, strategic marketing, that's all. the colorways that aren't og, that ppl might be on the fence about, u release pics months in advance so it can "grow" on ppl. the hype builds for months and ppl go from hating it, then 7 months later when the shoe is about to release and the hype has built, ppl do the 180 and all of a sudden ppl love them and they sell out.

on the flip side, a shoe like bordeauxs or hares or chi 1s or any highly sought after og c/w, u let hype build by NOT releasing images until the last minute. this way ppl get antsy and keep talking the shoe up, wondering why there are ni pics and the same desired effect is achieved... the HYPE has built. this is just a theory, but it makes perfect sense to me and this method seems to be working out pretty good for them.
this is how ive thought about it as well especially since it seems to be a more recent development and they actually have to work and manipulate things to get "hype" 

By not including an image of the shoe on a release date page or simply saying the shoe will release in "Q4" or fall instead of a XX/01/20XX type release date can generate hype. It's crazy

Yeah, it's interesting how they release quick strikes now.

thats 100% true but what about this years holiday releases?? like the Aquas on the UNC 1s? those are highly sought after shoes imo and they already gave us official images

thats 100% true but what about this years holiday releases?? like the Aquas on the UNC 1s? those are highly sought after shoes imo and they already gave us official images
Good point, we didn't just get a crappy preview, we got official HD Nike images of Holiday releases. We have not seen sep much as 1 even remotely quality image of the actual Bordeaux's. While the image shown a few weeks ago was preview, the shape of the shoe was inconsistent with all of the 7s seen unto date, which forces us to acknowledge that the first image of the bordeauxs was a sample image. There are zero images of the actual shoe that is to release. 

I'm not, been in this since Jan 2014 so my opinions arent based on if it's close to the OG but what I think looks good
Exactly what I base my opinions on and I've been into kicks since the 80's. The green looks like **** so I personally hope they leave it off like the last retro. If they do decide to keep it OG, I hope it's minimal. Looks way better without the diarrhea green to me.

Charm u are a G and I hear what you are saying but I disagree, if its an OG cw there will be hype regardless. Especially with the pics of the Aqua 8s already out. And i dont think its that deep that they control all the leaked pics. I just think if they are gonna take a pic of the new shoes dropping they could use better apparatus

We don't even have a solid release date.

Granted the shoe is set for July

Hopefully mid May we get some leaked pics etc etc

that Bugs Bunny Bord would make some good house slippers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom