Brand Jordan Edition: The Last dance Documentary.

IMG_20170912_175028.jpg

My 2005s, the only "last shots" I have which are held to a very high regard in my collection. When I bought the original I kept them DS for two maybe three years. Damn did I feel good about having em. Got em on release day. As years went by and moving out of the house, I got broke, forcing me to wear them to work because it literally was the only pair I had left that was new. Yes, I could have bought some wal marts I know. But I chose to wear my 98s all the way into the ground. Total regret without question.
Around Christmas time in 2005 my girl and I decided to go to the mall for family shopping. I had zero clue these were even releasing. I bought em without hesitation. With complete joy of finally getting a pair back I never wanted to lose. They were and are looked at with the same regard as my originals. They still are unworn, and enjoyed greatly that way. Reminding me of those great times being young and full of energy watching that 1998 NBA Final series. But at the same time reminding me of that period of time with her and I shopping for Christmas.
Sometimes, as great as a shoe and a player may be. The personal stories around those physical objects are more important than anything else.

This guy orders EVERYTHING...and more than one.
:rofl:
How dare you. I’ll have you know, I only ordered one magazine LOL
I’m trying to make up for my usual nonsense by not buying a single pair of Flints. Now that the 34 lows are covered, the wait is on for end of year and the fire red IVs, and maybe those Kobe Vs, if that ever actually happens. Other than that, now I’m just sitting here with the mystery of, will Nike/JB put out anything I care about for the rest of the year that as of today we don’t know about? I actually hope not, unless its OG black/red IE lows. And we know that ain’t ever happening.

IMG_20170912_175028.jpg

My 2005s, the only "last shots" I have which are held to a very high regard in my collection. When I bought the original I kept them DS for two maybe three years. Damn did I feel good about having em. Got em on release day. As years went by and moving out of the house, I got broke, forcing me to wear them to work because it literally was the only pair I had left that was new. Yes, I could have bought some wal marts I know. But I chose to wear my 98s all the way into the ground. Total regret without question.
Around Christmas time in 2005 my girl and I decided to go to the mall for family shopping. I had zero clue these were even releasing. I bought em without hesitation. With complete joy of finally getting a pair back I never wanted to lose. They were and are looked at with the same regard as my originals. They still are unworn, and enjoyed greatly that way. Reminding me of those great times being young and full of energy watching that 1998 NBA Final series. But at the same time reminding me of that period of time with her and I shopping for Christmas.
Sometimes, as great as a shoe and a player may be. The personal stories around those physical objects are more important than anything else.
Spoken like a true sneakerhead, can totally relate.

IMG_20170912_175028.jpg

Did you end up with said girl or did you you guys end your run after your Last Shot as well?

IMG_20170912_175028.jpg

Your so spot on about the stories from the shoes. The stories are the best thing. Whenever I get a new pair of 1s and you take them out of the box, and that new shoe smell (the glue really) just brings me back to my youth when I walked into my local mom & pop shop the first time in '89 looking for the Air Tech Challenge II Hot Lava but my mom asks if I want the black/cement IVs instead as they were only $10 more ($89.99 vs $79.99).

Actually grabbed my "Olympic" colorway of the Air Talaria out of the box to wear the 1st time (they had been DS as I never got around to wear them) last week and that shoe had the new shoe smell! Gosh I love that!!

It's a good thing they went with the ribbing for this colorway, cause without it... :sick:
Have to agree. I still have my '06 black toes in great condition ... I know they get a lot of hate for adding the ribbing, but objectively I think they're at least equal in appearance to the OG smooth-panel treatment. I've honestly never been able to decide which one I like more. The OG way is super clean, but sometimes I also feel like all of that plain white space with nothing to break it up is almost TOO plain.
I have a theory that MJ actually preffered the ribbing on the XIVs , but that's a whole 'nother story LOL

Have to agree. I still have my '06 black toes in great condition ... I know they get a lot of hate for adding the ribbing, but objectively I think they're at least equal in appearance to the OG smooth-panel treatment. I've honestly never been able to decide which one I like more. The OG way is super clean, but sometimes I also feel like all of that plain white space with nothing to break it up is almost TOO plain.
I have a theory that MJ actually preffered the ribbing on the XIVs , but that's a whole 'nother story LOL
I’ve always liked the ribbing. I feel the shoe is just too plain without it. As long as I have the Last Shot’s, I feel like I’m good with the 14. Only one he wore with the Bulls.

It's a good thing they went with the ribbing for this colorway, cause without it... :sick:
Dont get me wrong. The way they came out originally is definitely better. But a non ribbed version looks nice imo.
As far as the black toes go, I never felt the ribbing at all. To some it may be plain. But it comes off as simple to me.

Dont get me wrong. The way they came out originally is definitely better. But a non ribbed version looks nice imo.
As far as the black toes go, I never felt the ribbing at all. To some it may be plain. But it comes off as simple to me.
I’m sure most of you have seen it, but there was a clip on the ultimate Jordan dvd set with them showing Mike a pair of indiglos with the ribbing, and he said he preferred the ribbing.

I’m sure most of you have seen it, but there was a clip on the ultimate Jordan dvd set with them showing Mike a pair of indiglos with the ribbing, and he said he preferred the ribbing.
:lol: That's where my long-standing theory came from that he wanted them that way and Nike just didn't do it. He even says to the Nike guy, "You didn't want to show me this one first because you knew I'd choose the ribbing." I always took that to imply this was an ongoing argument LOL

I think indiglos/black toes/oxidized would look awful with the ribbing. The 2005 black toes are gross AF. Honestly those last shots without the ribbing look pretty decent. I like the ribbing on the white/reds though.

Back
Top Bottom