Brandon Jennings is a top 3 point guard

D Will
CP3
Rose
Tony Parker
Westbrook
Nash
Rondo

are all better off the top of my head, i'm probably missing a few obvious ones too. I expect Irving to surpass him (if he hasn't already) and Wall if he gets his #%$ out of Washington.

I think at most, he should be part of maybe top 5 point guard discussion. If he can put them into the top 8 of the east in the next two weeks, then he would definitely get my vote to be in top 5. He seriously carries those Bucks. Stack Jack is usually a no show, Boogers is always injured, and the rest of the cast that plays well is pretty much gooden, delfino, and ilyasova. I don't know if can you put that team on Russel Westbrook's back if he and Jennings traded places. Deron Williams' Nets and Nash's Suns are both 13th place currently in their respective conferences. Bucks are fighting for a spot.

TeamCharisma69 wrote:
I think at most, he should be part of maybe top 5 point guard discussion.
If he can put them into the top 8 of the east in the next two weeks, then he would definitely get my vote to be in top 5. He seriously carries those Bucks. Stack Jack is usually a no show, Boogers is always injured, and the rest of the cast that plays well is pretty much gooden, delfino, and ilyasova. I don't know if can you put that team on Russel Westbrook's back if he and Jennings traded places. Deron Williams' Nets and Nash's Suns are both 13th place currently in their respective conferences. Bucks are fighting for a spot.

eek.gif
 what NBA season are you watching?

Westbrook is 10x the player BJ is and I'm not even a Westbrook fan.  C'mon man.

I wish some of you would have a chance to say this stuff on TV. Jennings is a borderline all star so asking if he is top ten is more appropriate.

BJ > russell westbrook in actually being a pg, since the discussion is about PG's.
As a Jennings fan though he aint top 3 and prob not top 5 but he's borderline. I'd say like 7th. He's on the comeup though. hopefully the bucks can grab the 8th or 7th spot

Originally Posted by JD214

laugh.gif
@ this thread.

(random order)

Paul
D-Will
Rondo
Rose
Nash

Dude's not even top 5,

I would probably go as far as taking Westbrook before Jennings.
i'd toss in Parker into the mix as well...

this thread just needs to end already. no more need for discussion... clearly a troll thread!

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

y'all don't get it

seriously. borderline all star?

I'm saying there is about 3 spots per team and he is close to top 6.  If one conference was loaded then he wouldn't even need to be top 6 to get in.  I don't see what you're getting at maybe you're confused?

I thought this thread was made in 09-10 as hyping him up after that 55 point game
roll.gif
at it being made in 2012

Originally Posted by MonStar1

TeamCharisma69 wrote:
If he can put them into the top 8 of the east in the next two weeks, then he would definitely get my vote to be in top 5. He seriously carries those Bucks. Stack Jack is usually a no show, Boogers is always injured, and the rest of the cast that plays well is pretty much gooden, delfino, and ilyasova. I don't know if can you put that team on Russel Westbrook's back if he and Jennings traded places. Deron Williams' Nets and Nash's Suns are both 13th place currently in their respective conferences. Bucks are fighting for a spot.

eek.gif

That was hypothetical, if some people are to say paul, nash, rose, westbrook, and dwill were top 5. I'm just saying Jennings has been CARRYING the team as of late. And notice I said at most top 5 pg discussion if any comparison at all. You don't need to bold my words haha

Originally Posted by TeamCharisma69

Originally Posted by MonStar1

TeamCharisma69 wrote:

eek.gif

That was hypothetical, if some people are to say paul, nash, rose, westbrook, and dwill were top 5. I'm just saying Jennings has been CARRYING the team as of late. And notice I said at most top 5 pg discussion if any comparison at all. You don't need to bold my words haha

Carrying them where?

Maybe it's just me...but the idea of a player "carrying" a team means shouldering the load in a winning situation. They're on the outside of the playoffs right now.

And Illyasova has been balling so he certainly isn't doing everything for that team.

Originally Posted by kc24688

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

y'all don't get it

seriously. borderline all star?

I'm saying there is about 3 spots per team and he is close to top 6.  If one conference was loaded then he wouldn't even need to be top 6 to get in.  I don't see what you're getting at maybe you're confused?
i'm not understanding how 18 and 6, 38% shooting, and the bucks being 7 games below .500 leads to jennings being called a "borderline all -star"

whats he doing this season that's different from what Wall and Irving are doing? is he even a better floor general than Jeremy Lin?

Jennings has a terrible shot selection and hasn't proven to be a playmaker for anyone besides himself.

[h3]Jennings Has Yet To Hit Second Gear[/h3]
By: Andrew Perna

Mar 03, 2012 6:24 PM EST

Jennings_Brandon_mil_091202.jpg

A little more than two years ago, Brandon Jennings came to Boston for his first game against the Celtics. He scored 17 points on 19 shots to go with four assists and four turnovers in 39 minutes of play in a 98-89 loss as I watched him live for the first time

Since then his career has been marked by mostly peaks, but a few valleys. He had his famed 55-point game against the Warriors within his first few weeks, made the All-Rookie First Team and has exploded from time-to-time, but he has yet to truly take the leadership reins in Milwaukee.

Jennings has been plagued by extreme inconsistency this season. He has scored 20 or more points 18 times, but has failed to reach double-figures on eight occasions. With a reserve All-Star berth up for grabs in early February, he went through a rough patch that included a performance against the Suns in which he scored three points on four shots.

With Jennings and the Bucks playing at Boston on Wednesday night, I traveled to the TD Garden with a goal of spending some time with him and keeping a close eye on why he has been so inconsistent this season.

On The Perimeter

Jennings is a career 34.5 shooting percentage from three-point territory, but still takes perimeter shots with regularity. After attempting approximately 5.0 three-pointers per 36 minutes over his first two seasons, the number has spiked to 6.5 this season.

“I think it’s what the defense is giving me and the positions that I’m in at the time,

Back
Top Bottom