Brands vs. Personal Style

I just want to pose a question to fellow shoe fanatics. When matching/buying shirts for your sneakers which is more important, the brand/label or the style/colors that complement your kicks?  

Does customizing and personalizing your shirt have value to you?

*Discalimer:  A sneaker fanatic myself I started making my own shirts to make sure know one has the same outfit I had on. This question is not intended to sell anything just curious how other sneaker lover buy shirts to match their shoe game

I prefer a matching color shirt, but it doesn't hurt to wear designer brands either

I just throw on a Hanes white tee

No one no matter what they wear is ******* with me when I throw on that crispy Hanes white tee.

Ppl still match the color of their shirts to their sneakers?
Just curious as to how you wear your sneakers with? My pairs consist of mainly neutral colors so it doesn't affect me as much. But i have wanted to get some of the more "colorful pairs".

Ppl still match the color of their shirts to their sneakers?

Some people do. Not to the extreme of matching every individual color but often time a color to tie the outfit together. Depends on the situation & where you going also.

But to your point Jamie you're more concerned with your personal style, the design/fit, if you like the shirt or not than with if the shirt and sneakers match?

Just curious as to how you wear your sneakers with? My pairs consist of mainly neutral colors so it doesn't affect me as much. But i have wanted to get some of the more "colorful pairs".
Coordination. Big difference from matching.

Also note that most of the members in General are no longer "sneakerheads". The ones buying bright color ways for the new generation typically reside in Jordan, Nike or Retro areas.

Last edited:
Back when I was wearing street wear and urban stuff on the daily, my rule was to take the most minimal, smallest color on the shoe, and being it out on the shirt...

The rest was whatever o could find. :lol:

What are you wearing these days, Fontaine? Totally gave up Tees and jeans?

Coordination. Big difference from matching.

Also note that most of the members in General are no longer "sneakerheads". The ones buying bright color ways for the new generation typically reside in Jordan, Nike or Retro areas.

Coordination is a much better and accurate word. Definitely better describes what I was initially trying to convey.

Curious how do you define sneakerhead? I rarely use that word bc 1 when I started buying Jordans and 1's the term didn't exist, I don't camp out for any pair, don't do raffles but I have nostalgic memories of Jordans, AF1's, Air Max's, Adidas, Pumas etc. Some I had and some I could not afford coming up

fresh feet and a walmart top. I keep it simple.

I could be wrapped in newspaper and bandaids and still pop up in ya girls phone
as spray tan

Last edited:
Coordination is a much better and accurate word. Definitely better describes what I was initially trying to convey.

Curious how do you define sneakerhead? I rarely use that word bc 1 when I started buying Jordans and 1's the term didn't exist, I don't camp out for any pair, don't do raffles but I have nostalgic memories of Jordans, AF1's, Air Max's, Adidas, Pumas etc. Some I had and some I could not afford coming up
Sneakerheads are folks who are into sneakers. I only have two pairs of sneakers left sans my running shoes. Most of the time I'm in casual derbies and dress shoes. I've gravitated towards the menswear side.

True.
I personally shop exclusively for shoes.
The clothing just comes as what I like. I'm not big on like diamond, hundreds, supreme. But because I'm not into the NAME. I feel people justify some designs because of the NAME. I'll usually just buy something if I like the design and it's a good price

My issue is wearing my jays with adidas gear.
I have adidas jereys that i want to wear but i dont own any adidas shoes :stoneface:

I cant bring myself to wear jays/nikes with adidas and have never seen anyone do it.

Thus I only wear adidas gear with sandals in the summer lol

Last edited:
I don't match with my sneakers anymore. If anything its a pair of jeans and  pocket tee, v-neck, or a simple graphic tee.

My issue is wearing my jays with adidas gear.
I have adidas jereys that i want to wear but i dont own any adidas shoes :stoneface:

I cant bring myself to wear jays/nikes with adidas and have never seen anyone do it.

Thus I only wear adidas gear with sandals in the summer lol

THIS!

Nike with nike
Adidas with Adidas
Reebok with reebok

These brands can't be mixed and matched.

I'm a grown *** man, what I look like matching colors? :lol:

It's all about the TONE, fam.
If you rocking some brown boots, throw on a burgundy or forest green shirt, B.

It's 2015 and cats still out here looking like some sour patch kids? Sexy ya'self up, pa.

I'm a grown *** man, what I look like matching colors? :lol:

It's all about the TONE, fam.
If you rocking some brown boots, throw on a burgundy or forest green shirt, B.

It's 2015 and cats still out here looking like some sour patch kids? Sexy ya'self up, pa.

Lol matching or coordination, whatever you would like to call it, I see a lot of suit and ties match their clothes, and I think they're grown.

Back
Top Bottom