Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

I'm a huge walking dead fan, but this right here is television greatness. Getting closer to edging out The Wire

Let's not get carried away.

I think it's getting close to edging out the sopranos if anything because of the so so second half of that series. Not consistent.

But honestly it's all a mount Rushmore of amazing shows. And breaking bad gotta be there if it has a good ending. Even decent. Just don't **** the bed.

Rewatched the episode last night...wow
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Has anyone seen the film Hooper with Burt Reynolds? Todd's uncle Jack and his nazi buddy Kenny referenced it in the diner scene when Todd was telling the train heist story. I just read a plot summary to see if I could uncover any possible foreshadowing but I didn't get anything from it.

Listening a Breaking Bad podcast and they started questioning if the flash forwards kinda take the sting out of stuff on the show, for example Jesse pouring the gasoline didn't have the same effect cuz we know the house won't burn down since we saw it on the first episode of the season still intact

**** got me thinking of all the flash forwards of the whole series now

Last edited:
A bowl of oranges falls on Beneke when he slides and breaks his neck. Carol's oranges fall from her groceries in the flash forward. Hmm..

I doubt Ted figures back in to the story. He's a **** boy and scared ******** of Skyler and Walt after they put him into a coma in season 4.

With the Resovoir Dogs & Scarface nods throughout the series im leaning toward everyone dying at the end, except Saul.
Gilligan said of Saul “I like to think of Saul as a cockroach in the best possible way”, then Saul had a "Everything has gone nucular" comment when yelling at Jesse (got that from Reddit)

With the Resovoir Dogs & Scarface nods throughout the series im leaning toward everyone dying at the end, except Saul.
Gilligan said of Saul “I like to think of Saul as a cockroach in the best possible way”, then Saul had a "Everything has gone nucular" comment when yelling at Jesse (got that from Reddit)
Yeah there's a few signs that point to potential foreshadowing of everyone's death (one small example is when Walt was watching Scarface with Walt Jr, he says "doesn't everyone die in this movie?"). However, I don't like reading into small things like that. Gilligan knows his audience is smart, he's more than likely just throwing out little hints for us to theorize but that may or may not lead to something.

I do have a hunch that Jesse will survive all of this though and I'm not exactly sure how. His relationship with Walt is most likely irreparable at this point but I still think Walt has a genuine care for Jesse despite everything so I don't see Walt killing him. I don't think Jesse snitches to Hank either and that makes the Hank suicide theory a little more prevalent given that he has very few options at this point. Hank just found out his medical bills are tied to drug money. If Hank informs the DEA about his suspicions, Walt will release his fake confession. If he can't get Jesse or anyone else to snitch, he doesn't have the evidence to support his claims. That in turn would jeopardize his career, his family, and his life. So he really has two options: let it go or kill himself.

If Walt did attempt to kill Jesse, isn't that where the entire audience gives up on Walt and stops rooting for him?

Jesse has always been the one that everyone figures to survive, if Walt tries to take him out, his own partner who helped Walt get into the game in the first place, I don't see how everyone could back that.

Also, I find it REALLY ironic, that if Season 5 never happens, and we didn't think it would, they would have ended Season 4 with Walt and Jesse bein just fine, and walkin off into the sunset with their money. Remember them cleanin up the laundry mat together.
I never could have imagined Season 5 working out like this. Tremendous job by the writers.

Also, Matrix nod last week? :nerd:
Red van for a new life, Blue pack of cigs to go back to his old life and fight a new battle.

If Walt did attempt to kill Jesse, isn't that where the entire audience gives up on Walt and stops rooting for him?

Jesse has always been the one that everyone figures to survive, if Walt tries to take him out, his own partner who helped Walt get into the game in the first place, I don't see how everyone could back that.

Also, I find it REALLY ironic, that if Season 5 never happens, and we didn't think it would, they would have ended Season 4 with Walt and Jesse bein just fine, and walkin off into the sunset with their money. Remember them cleanin up the laundry mat together.
I never could have imagined Season 5 working out like this. Tremendous job by the writers.

Also, Matrix nod last week? :nerd:
Red van for a new life, Blue pack of cigs to go back to his old life and fight a new battle.
Honestly, I don't think I'll stop rooting for Walt. I'm well aware of the evil things he's done and I was almost through with him when he killed Mike but that still didn't stop me from cheering for Walt in the following episode. Anna Gunn explained it very well on Breaking Bad. We veered towards him from the start because he was a broken man who never had much going for him, was kicked around for most of his life and then was diagnosed with cancer. The audience had many things to identify itself with Walt and so we took a liking towards Walt because he started to play the game by his own rules, something most of us wish we could do. He was an average Joe and decided "**** that, I'm doing what I gotta do."

So in a sense, it's like we're living the life of a badass vicariously through Walt and even though we realize that he's gone overboard and that his character has completely transformed from S1 to present time, we still want to finish the story with him. Most of us probably accept that he's going to die as well but we just want to be there on his side until he's gone. That's at least how I feel about it. Don't judge me. :lol:

Last edited:

Also, Matrix nod last week?
nerd.gif

Honestly, I don't think I'll stop rooting for Walt. I'm well aware of the evil things he's done and I was almost through with him when he killed Mike but that still didn't stop me from cheering for Walt in the following episode. Anna Gunn explained it very well on Breaking Bad. We veered towards him from the start because he was a broken man who never had much going for him, was kicked around for most of his life and then was diagnosed with cancer. The audience had many things to identify itself with Walt and so we took a liking towards Walt because he started to play the game by his own rules, something most of us wish we could do. He was an average Joe and decided "**** that, I'm doing what I gotta do."

So in a sense, it's like we're living the life of a badass vicariously through Walt and even though we realize that he's gone overboard and that his character has completely transformed from S1 to present time, we still want to finish the story with him. Most of us probably accept that he's going to die as well but we just want to be there on his side until he's gone. That's at least how I feel about it. Don't judge me.
laugh.gif
EXACTLY.

And to CP's point, when I had entertained the possibility that Walt offs Jesse, my very first thought was "I mean, gotta do what you gotta do. *shrug*"

Back
Top Bottom