Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

we still haven't seen Lois from Malcolm in the Middle...

if they DO end up ending the show with him changing identities and him becoming the dad :lol:

Anyone think Flynnie P is gonna die or do something drastic? His whole involvement in the show has been pretty useless.

In a perfect world, I wish walt would take that money & go to another country.

In reality, its gonna hurt to see all that money go to sombody else.....

like walt airing out Gray  Grey Matter w the m60
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Why they have to bring up Gray Matter??
Hal said he sold his share, because he needed the money. It wasnt a billion dollar market like it is now.

i was under the impression they sold him his share (33% equity, $5000) before they went public

Last edited:
But it made Walt who he is. Made him enter the empire business. Made him bitter & vindictive. Before he was Hesinburg manipulating others he was manipulated. I don't know I just like for things to come full circle.

Walt left Gretchen and then he sold his shares.

From the actress...
But it was easy because Vince Gilligan told us exactly what went down between the characters off screen: We were very much in love and we were to get married. And he came home and met my family, and I come from this really successful, wealthy family, and that knocks him on his side. He couldn’t deal with this inferiority he felt — this lack of connection to privilege. It made him terrified, and he literally just left me, and I was devastated.
http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2009/05/jessica-hecht-interview/

Walt hasn't been 100% a victim his entire life. He left Gretchen and took a buyout, but he's still an incredibly talented chemist and should have still been doing important work or at least teaching at the college level. He worked at a few other places they mentioned briefly on the show, then finally he lands at the high school. I've been under the assumption that while weaker and timid, he was difficult to work with and had the flashes of the Heisenberg ego all along. A chemist of his standing shouldn't be teaching high school chemistry and I've always thought it was a combination of Walt's underlying issues (egotistical, stubborn, etc.) and external forces out of his control.

I mentioned it earlier, but in the 2nd episode they discuss chirality

Walt's always been Heisenberg... it was just under the surface. Pride, anger, manipulation, harming others, all the "bad" things in Walt or people in general didn't just pop up out of the blue (no pun intended), but it's always been apart of Walt's DNA. It just came up in smaller, more common examples... he felt inferior so he left Gretchen or he was stubborn and couldn't keep another lab job or he felt beat up by the world so he "gave up" and took a low paying teaching job, and so on.

I don't think Grey Matter returns just like Gus' Chilean past never came back... it wasn't important to know exactly what happened in vivid detail. Even though from that quote/interview we know what happened with Gretchen, the relevance to the plot was explained. Walt sold his portion of a billion dollar company and because of that he refused to take the buyout and we've seen how it drove so much of the drug operation. Same with Gus' past... we didn't need to know exactly what happened, just that it protected Fring when his partner was killed. It's a credit to the writers for efficient storytelling. You don't have to bog down the episodes with excessive backstory when a simpler explanation will suffice.

Anyone think Flynnie P is gonna die or do something drastic? His whole involvement in the show has been pretty useless.

I don't understand why you think he's been useless. He doesn't have as many scenes as other characters, but he's vital to the show. He's a big reason why Walt decided to go down this path.

They may share flash-forwards as a plot device buy there's no way BB pulls a Lost & hints at a boatload of clues just for the hell of it. I would expect that the real back story behind his departure from Gray Matter, Gus' hidden past from Chile and Saul's "disappearer" all come back into play. Likely Ted also.

Seemingly small details have continued to be bigger factors throughout the series. Tio Hector definitely didn't seem like a major angle initially, he was just Tuco's lame uncle. Jane's pops just seemed like a normal guest role but ended up a huge factor. The Walter/Bagdhan dynamic played out much more importantly down the line & a host of similar situations.

There's no way in hell Walt dodges the truth on Gray Matter so long just to be episode filler. They even gave the flashback with him & Gretchen flirting over Carbon. Same thing with the ricin, that damn socket had been unscrewed how many times now? Somebody has a date with destiny

I don't understand why you think he's been useless. He doesn't have as many scenes as other characters, but he's vital to the show. He's a big reason why Walt decided to go down this path.
The baby could've easily taken his spot.

They may share flash-forwards as a plot device buy there's no way BB pulls a Lost & hints at a boatload of clues just for the hell of it. I would expect that the real back story behind his departure from Gray Matter, Gus' hidden past from Chile and Saul's "disappearer" all come back into play. Likely Ted also.

Seemingly small details have continued to be bigger factors throughout the series. Tio Hector definitely didn't seem like a major angle initially, he was just Tuco's lame uncle. Jane's pops just seemed like a normal guest role but ended up a huge factor. The Walter/Bagdhan dynamic played out much more importantly down the line & a host of similar situations.

There's no way in hell Walt dodges the truth on Gray Matter so long just to be episode filler. They even gave the flashback with him & Gretchen flirting over Carbon. Same thing with the ricin, that damn socket had been unscrewed how many times now? Somebody has a date with destiny

What is there to dodge about Gray Matter? He had a falling out and sold his shares, that's it.

And about the "hints at a boatload of clues"...

"You know, I feel so lucky that there is such an attention to detail with regards to the show. I feel humbled when I hear a great many of the theories and observations that the fans come up with. I feel undeserving because half the time some of the observations about the show speak to a level of attention to detail that we were never able to give those moments - we get a lot of credit for levels of brilliance that were unintentional at best! At best some of those moments were most likely subconscious or just dumb luck on our part."

A quote from the creator. A lot of hints are purely coincidental or made up by fans... this show is deep, complex, and great at foreshadowing and clues, but people inject a lot of extra stuff into it. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that not EVERYTHING has a hidden meaning and not everything has to return.

I didn't see your post before I replied but your explanation makes much more sense. I still won't be surprised if the things I mentioned are touched upon though.

I think the reason why Carol dropped the grocery bag in shock is because Walter is presumably to be dead at that point but he likely used Saul's connect to get out of Dodge to protect his family. Only reason why New Hampshire of all places I'm thinking.

Last edited:
Maaaan, this is great. Almost everything is unpredictable. Every scene feels like something big is about to happen. :pimp:

I'm not eeem mad Jesse being a snitch. He can't trust Walt for **** at this point.

Walt and Landry and his crew vs Jesse and Hank. :pimp:

Then the guy that Jesse thought was a shooter at the meeting spot turned out to be a normal person was a brilliant touch.

Back
Top Bottom