Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

That flash forward continues to f*** me up....

Oh, and for people that keep thinking Walt is wearing Todd's coat:

breaking-bad-flash-forward.jpg

That would be a NO.

The only way Walt could have been gone for a year (if that actually even happens):

A) The aryans do force him to cook, either to keep Hank alive or because Todd has been killed and they need him

B) Lydia puts a hit out on Walt's family and they have to go into hiding

Also, I just can't see Walt and Jessie resolving their issues at this point. Jessie HAS to die, and it's only appropriate that Walt does it.....

^^^ from the looks of that picture, I'd say everyone is dead at that point. With the exception of Jessie and the aryans.

I'm thinking the money is still buried.

it looks like he took one of sauls identity packages and only came back to get the poison to kill himself...

This whole forcing Walt to cook for them idea makes no sense to me.

It'd make more sense that someway somehow Walt gets put in a situation where they say cook for us or we'll kill your family. Then Walt plots, things mess up and we end up in the flash forward. Forcing Walt to cook for them and stuff like Lydia putting out hits on his family and then getting Jesse after the fact don't make sense.

Also I'm lost on that whole paying attention to colors nonsense I've seen mentioned from time to time in here :lol: BB doesn't really do the redshirt thing and Marie wearing black or purple is irrelevant.
**** outta here with that :lol: :smh:

The only way they would force Walt to cook for them would be if Todd gets killed in that shoot out. Remember they have a business relationship and stick to their word as men. If he is forced, then it's because their hand was forced. As it stands all they want Walt to do is teach Todd how to bring the color back to blue, and the purity back up. They are looking at the big picture and long term money with the Czechs, or whoever Lydia is doing business with.

Last edited:
I love how even with 3 episodes left, it's still very unpredictable. And I'm willing to bet after next Sunday's episode, it will be even more unpredictable lol I love this show.

Thinking about it some more, the flash forward really throws a wrench into things. So if we're going by the flash forward, pretty much its a year later. Why is he gone for a year? If Walt's family dies at the hands of Todd's crew/Lydia, then I don't see Walt leaving for a year then coming back for revenge. I don't see why it would take him a year to come and try to rescue Jessie either. My head hurts trying to figure this thing out. :lol:

im telling you he came back to kill himself.... dude probably spent years on the run from the feds and finally just got tired of being alone and all the memories and scars of what he did is too much to live with...

im telling you he came back to kill himself.... dude probably spent years on the run from the feds and finally just got tired of being alone and all the memories and scars of what he did is too much to live with...
So he came all the way back to NM from NH, got an m60 and caddy from some connect, went home to get that old ricin to kill himself? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I'm sure he came back expecting to die, but it's not just to kill himself.

Last edited:
So he came all the way back to NM from NH, got an m60 and caddy from some connect, went home to get that old ricin to kill himself? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I'm sure he came back expecting to die, but it's not just to kill himself.

Dude really might go out like Scarface. One last stand.

They even foreshadow Walt going out like Scarface in one episode where Walt and Walt Jr. are actually watching the movie together.....

Walt Jr.: "Everyone dies in this movie, right?"

YUP.

Last edited:
a thought:

if walt cooks again, what if he makes a huge batch but its laced with the exploding chemical to blow up the whole lab and anyone in or around it (aryans).

tumblr_mo8hdmVifC1ribpnfo1_500.gif

I was trying to stay away from theories and just let out all play out but I saw a pretty plausible one where the Aryans kidnap or kill Andrea & Brock to force Jesse's hand or pin it on Walt. That would be the only logical explanation for the whole scene of him going there since Jesse never got her msg. Yeah, you could say it illustrates Walt's magic finally not working but it makes more sense that it was a plot device for the Aryans to have some leverage against Jesse. Otherwise that scene really stands out as being out of place with the flow of events

Last edited:
I dont see how they would be able to give the Aryans a major role like that as well as provide closure on the fate of the main characters in 3 episodes.

The flash forward from first ep of season 5 shows it's his birthday, with the 52 in bacon. Suggesting it's been a year

Even crazier, the pilot was his 50th, meaning these 5 seasons all take place within 2 damn years. That's insane. :lol:

The flash forward from first ep of season 5 shows it's his birthday, with the 52 in bacon. Suggesting it's been a year

Even crazier, the pilot was his 50th, meaning these 5 seasons all take place within 2 damn years. That's insane. :lol:

Yep 2 years of non stop ignorance, getting kidnapped, kidnapping,killing etc & yall wonder why jesse is %^&* in the head

he still needs to die a nasty gory death for ratting

I was trying to stay away from theories and just let out all play out but I saw a pretty plausible one where the Aryans kidnap or kill Andrea & Brock to force Jesse's hand or pin it on Walt. That would be the only logical explanation for the whole scene of him going there since Jesse never got her msg. Yeah, you could say it illustrates Walt's magic finally not working but it makes more sense that it was a plot device for the Aryans to have some leverage against Jesse. Otherwise that scene really stands out as being out of place with the flow of events
They don't know who Andrea and Brock are.......

Though, it would make sense if Jesse kills Todd during the shootout, then escapes.

They would then force Walt (who probably still wants Jessie dead anyway) to give up info on how to draw out Jessie and he points them to Andrea/Brock.

Don't see that happening though.

With only three episodes left the focus is going to be on Walt, Jessie, and Walts family (Sky,Hank,Marie)

I honestly feel like the flashforward is the near end of the last episode and it fades to black as Walt is merked.........Vince Gilligan

They don't know who Andrea and Brock are.......

Though, it would make sense if Jesse kills Todd during the shootout, then escapes.
They would then force Walt (who probably still wants Jessie dead anyway) to give up info on how to draw out Jessie and he points them to Andrea/Brock.

Don't see that happening though.
With only three episodes left the focus is going to be on Walt, Jessie, and Walts family (Sky,Hank,Marie)

I honestly feel like the flashforward is the near end of the last episode and it fades to black as Walt is merked.........Vince Gilligan

They were staked out at her house in the Crown Vic watching it all go down, he explained how he was going to "flush him out" and specifically said don't pop him there, take him away so the boy & mother don't find out.

Either way I need to follow my own advice & just let the next 2 1/2 weeks play out instead of theorizing. Its gonna be just as tough though waiting for the DVD set To drop for the alternate ending.

[h1]‘Breaking Bad’ Saul Goodman Spinoff A Go At AMC, Will Serve As Prequel To Original[/h1]
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday September 11, 2013 @ 1:00pm PDTTags: AMC, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, Vince Gilligan

inShare1 Comments (0)

DH-TV_100x100_Final.jpg

Breaking Bad‘s Saul Goodman will live on at AMC. After lengthy negotiations, the cable network and Breaking Bad producer Sony Pictures TV have reached a licensing agreement for a spinoff from Vince Gilligan‘s acclaimed drama series. The spinoff series, tentatively titled Better Call Saul, had been in the works for months. It centers on one of Breaking Bad‘s most recognizable supporting characters, Bob Odenkirk‘s unflappable criminal lawyer Saul Goodman. Conceived by Breaking Bad creator Gilligan and series writer-producer Peter Gould, who created the Saul character together for a Season 2 episode written by Gould, the spinoff will be be a one-hour prequel that will focus on the evolution of the Goodman character before he ever became Walter White’s lawyer, AMC said. The network wouldn’t elaborate on the project’s status, but I’ve learned Better Call Saul has a series order pending the complication of Sony TV’s deals with Gilligan, Gould and Odenkirk. The pact between AMC and Sony TV came after talks between the two sides came down to the wire, with other outlets, including Netflix, which has had huge success with Breaking Bad, very interested in snatching the spinoff series.

The title of the spinoff comes from the original Saul episode of Breaking Bad, titled “Better Call Saul”, in which Walt (Bryan Cranston) and Jesse (Aaron Paul) hire the flamboyant Goodman after Badger (Matt L. Jones) is caught by the DEA. Goodman, who has been a regular presence on the show since, is a sleazy but highly competent criminal lawyer with a penchant for over-the-top TV commercials in which he uses his signature tagline “Better Call Saul!” Saul has served as Breaking Bad‘s comic relief, which is not surprising given Odenkirk’s strong comedy background. While houlong, the spinoff is expected to be be far less dark than the original series, with more comedy infused into it.

Gilligan has been high on the idea for over a year. “I would love to see a Saul Goodman spinoff,” he said in a July 2012 interview. “I like the idea of a lawyer show in which the main lawyer will do anything it takes to stay out of a court of law. He’ll settle on the courthouse steps, whatever it takes to stay out of the courtroom. That would be fun — I would like that.”

i can't think of too many successful spin-offs (or any at all for that matter).  can someone name me a few?

Cleveland Show? Joey?

Back
Top Bottom