Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Can someone inform me on the "Grey Matter"
Situation.

Grey Matter was the company Walt and the two people on TV formed (Gretchen and Elliott). Walt and Gretchen were involved but broke up because Walt felt inferior to her wealthy family. Walt took a buyout from the company for 5,000 dollars. At the time, they only had some small patents and nothing major in the works. This was during grad school and shortly after I assume. The company ended up being worth billions and can be seen as a primary motivation for Walt's desire to be in the "empire business" since he lost out on an enormous amount of money and respect when he took his buyout. It hadn't really been brought up other than Walt telling the story when they could have sold their methylamine shares with Mike and Jesse and in season 1 when Gretchen and Elliott offered to pay for Walt's treatment.

At the time, they were seemingly kind and charitable, crediting Walt for being apart of their success and how he was valuable to their business. Yet, after news he was a drug kingpin, they've distanced themselves and claimed he had no part other than the name.

I knew Vince had one more twist in him left.

TODDGOD :smokin They probably gonna kill Brock next week with how ruthless this ************ is.

Son has already risen to the ranks of Gus when it comes to the don't **** with him factor. Todd is a different beast altogether. When he showed up in Walt's house to protect his girl Lydia I was like :wow:

Anyway the ending to this was great. I was riding with Walt so much that when he was down I was down. I almost gave up and forgot about the flash forward cold opens when he was on the chemo begging dude to stay with him for an hr cuz he was so lonely, the ring falling off, talking about finding him dead, just wanting dude to lie to him about giving the money to his family, then Jr. ******** on him on the phone. I was just about fine with him letting the cops find him but then.....

Those damn Gray Matter bastards just had to show up. I almost hope the M60 is for them now, forget the jokes. I hope Walt had a plan when he drove cross country and he just takes out everybody that made it hard for him; kill Ted, Gray Matter couple, Jesse, etc.

I got no sympathy for Jesse. He was stupid. They gave him the pic of Brock and Andrea, he knows Todd will kill kids, Todd had just tortured dude and he wants to mouth off when he's caught escaping. He should've just headed back to his hole without saying a word.

Brutal

nooooooooooo.gif

People can not like Jesse, but you can't deny Aaron Paul's terrific performances.

I had to scrape my jaw off the floor after this scene. INCREDIBLE acting

And to those sayin that andria was an irrelavent character at this point, THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT!!!

Realtalk tho,

I hope Walt have another Heisenberg moment and serve up that Gray Matter ***** boi, (that stole his girl and pushed him out tha company), some Reisen on a silver platter.
He the reason fa allllllllisssss!!!

said this back on page 299. looks like I mite be gettin my wish

Last edited:
Prepare for the death of Lydia.

Prepare for the team to get back together.

Jesse and Walt will be killing dudes next week.

Walt was obviously trying to turn himself in but then had a change of heart. After the call with his son, Walt realizes he has nothing left -- his money means nothing and his family wants him dead -- so he gives up on life and tries to turn himself in so at least his family will be free from prosecution. However, after watching the Greymatter interview, he realizes that "Walt White" is dead and all he has left is his legacy as "Heisenberg". Now Walt is out to reclaim everything those Nazis have stolen from him.

Love the show, but I cannot stand the timelines.

All 5 seasons equal one year, but now one full year has passed in one episode. Ugh, just hate that. They could have easily done another season explaining what happened.

Maybe I'm just wanting more and can't stand to say goodbye, but I can't be alone in thinking this.
Granted watching Sky deal with the police and lawyers and a possible trial along with how Jr. deals with things and Marie coping would've been something to keep up with, then Jesse as their cook slave trying to escape every now and then with Todd being a kingpin (maybe a where is Saul now scene or two) would've interesting this show is about Walt and if ppl thought things were dark they don't know how depressing it would've got watching him waste away in that cabin. Probably talking to himself, having conversations with Walt and Heisenberg :smh:, impersonating Gus and Mike, reliving past moments.

I aint trying to cry watching this show.

Realtalk tho,

I hope Walt have another Heisenberg moment and serve up that Gray Matter ***** boi, (that stole his girl and pushed him out tha company), some Reisen on a silver platter.
He the reason fa allllllllisssss!!!

said this back on page 299. looks like I mite be gettin my wish

The problem is you're falsely assuming Elliott stole Gretchen and pushed him out. We weren't given any indications of that and an interview with the actress who plays Gretchen contradicts that idea. Walt felt insecure because Gretchen came from money and Walt left her. Walt wasn't pushed out. He was just too weak and insecure at the time to deal with it and stay with his company. Walt took the buyout and sold his potential for 5 grand.

Now... Elliott and Gretchen distancing themselves and ignoring Walt's impact on their company, that's different. It's a smart move on their part from a business standpoint, but Walt naturally takes it as an insult.

I'm with the camp that says Walt was defeated after that phone call. He was gonna turn himself in. With Walt wrapped up, Skylar doesn't go to trial. Just like Saul said at the beginning of the episode. With Walt gone, they need to pin it on somebody. Two DEA agents missing, assumed dead. Somebody's gotta take the heat. After watching that spot on the TV, it lit a fire under him to handle things. Agree with the idea the ricin is for Gray Matter.

:lol: @ you thinking he would make a phone call in NH to turn himself in when its clear he still has unfinished business back in NM.

Makes perfect sense.

You really think after everything that has happened he's just going to turn himself in?

He's going out on his own terms, he wont rot in a jail cell.

you're being obtuse

he was giving himself up until he saw that charlie rose interview by chance

Does Walt even know where Todd and Uncle Jack and Co. are? I don't even know how far he'd get trying to rush the compound solo dolo.

you're being obtuse

he was giving himself up until he saw that charlie rose interview by chance

Son hates him wants him to die. Won't accept the money that Walt 'worked' for. Skylar about to go on trial, being defended by a public defender who looked like a deer in the headlights. According to the eraser guy. He really was gonna give himself up.

Whats funny is that some of you were calling others idiots for saying Walt would give the aryans money for hank...and he did.

Then the M60 being for the Aryans was laughed at and now it looks like it will.

The only theory left is saving jessie. 75 minutes left to see if that happens.

The HBO in me wants Walt to save jessie and then have jessie kill Walt, but I think it will end with ricin, murk aryans, turns himself in. *cue theme*

Edit: If you dont think Walt was ready to turn himself before watching the special, well then, I just feel bad for you.

Last edited:
I don't see Walt killing Gretchen and Elliott as being a fair act of revenge. They didn't kill his family or threaten his life, they're insulting his work and contributions. It's a dishonor, not a violent act. What would the appropriate respond be for those two? Dying by ricin? Or having their name and legacy dragged through the mud? Or having their life's work be destroyed? If Walt could find a way to destroy Grey Matter, not by spraying their office and lab with an M60 :lol: but by hurting their public image and sinking them financially.

The interview mentioned how their drug awareness/rehab whatever plan could be seen as a public image move, so if that's a concern Walt could do something to hurt their company in that way.

I don't see Walt killing Gretchen and Elliott as being a fair act of revenge. They didn't kill his family or threaten his life, they're insulting his work and contributions. It's a dishonor, not a violent act. What would the appropriate respond be for those two? Dying by ricin? Or having their name and legacy dragged through the mud? Or having their life's work be destroyed? If Walt could find a way to destroy Grey Matter, not by spraying their office and lab with an M60
laugh.gif
but by hurting their public image and sinking them financially.

The interview mentioned how their drug awareness/rehab whatever plan could be seen as a public image move, so if that's a concern Walt could do something to hurt their company in that way.
Their is 75 mins left..

no way in hell there fitting this angle in also 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom