Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Man, you know what I don't get? People who say Better Call Saul is as good, if not better than Breaking Bad.

I'm starting it over again after tailing off in season 3, when it was still Jimmy Mcgill.

When BCS was announced, I was excited because Saul is one of my absolute favorites in BB. But, it's not Saul. It's Jimmy Mcgill. Jimmy Mcgill is not as interesting as Saul Goodman.

It's like if Walter White didn't break bad until more than halfway through the series.

The supporting cast is not nearly as compelling. The stakes are too low. Does it matter than BB baddies are in this when we know Walter offs them in Breaking Bad? To me, no.

It's just too much of an origin story and not enough of the character I loved in Breaking bad.

Pretty much just watching in hopes that a decent chunk of episodes take place post Breaking Bad.

In the episode I'm watching now, Jimmy is getting guff over soliciting clients for the eldercare lawsuit.

Like, ok. Is this going to pay off when Jimmy becomes Saul or something? Because it's not all that interesting in the meantime.

Last edited:
In the episode I'm watching now, Jimmy is getting guff over soliciting clients for the eldercare lawsuit.

Like, ok. Is this going to pay off when Jimmy becomes Saul or something? Because it's not all that interesting in the meantime.
Better Call Saul is basically the story of Jimmy becoming Saul.

It's not the Saul Goodman show. It's what happened to make Saul Goodman Saul Goodman.

Probably gotta be invested in that part. Its a real detail oriented show. Its nothing like Breaking Bad in that regard. It wont be the same rollercoaster ride. Won't hit the same highs or reach the same lows.

Last edited:
on season 5. Walter is really a cold dude. Like you want to root for him but this dude really turning into a villain. It’s real awesome. Him dying was dope, but after hearing his story of Grey Matter being worth over a Billy and he sold his share for 5k was messed up.
Really wanted to see him build his empire.

on season 5. Walter is really a cold dude. Like you want to root for him but this dude really turning into a villain. It’s real awesome. Him dying was dope, but after hearing his story of Grey Matter being worth over a Billy and he sold his share for 5k was messed up.
Really wanted to see him build his empire.

he bitter but that was him not being business savvy. No one’s fault but his own.

Eh Walt wasn't exactly 'Heisenburg' until deeper into the third season. I think ppl recognize Vince is older and better at making these shows even though he's working with lesser materials (granted ppl hated Skylar).

Still remember starting Season 1 and Jesse being the lamest thing to come on a screen

Man, you know what I don't get? People who say Better Call Saul is as good, if not better than Breaking Bad.

I'm starting it over again after tailing off in season 3, when it was still Jimmy Mcgill.

When BCS was announced, I was excited because Saul is one of my absolute favorites in BB. But, it's not Saul. It's Jimmy Mcgill. Jimmy Mcgill is not as interesting as Saul Goodman.

It's like if Walter White didn't break bad until more than halfway through the series.

The supporting cast is not nearly as compelling. The stakes are too low. Does it matter than BB baddies are in this when we know Walter offs them in Breaking Bad? To me, no.

It's just too much of an origin story and not enough of the character I loved in Breaking bad.

Pretty much just watching in hopes that a decent chunk of episodes take place post Breaking Bad.
Think I had the same gripes, it was a slog getting through those 1st 3 seasons but then seasons 4 and 5 really picked up for some reason. Some truly great episodes come up.

Ya. F Jesse. Big ol crybaby.
walt was a dirty guy, but this dude Jesse snitched
The fact that ppl think Walt is above snitching is hilarious.

Didn't he coerce his wife into making a tape incriminating his brother-in law??

Dude was gonna have Hank in a box just for doing his job :lol:

EDIT:

***** ghost snitched

Last edited:
The fact that ppl think Walt is above snitching is hilarious.
Well its true.

He never snitched not once.

Didn't he coerce his wife into making a tape incriminating his brother-in law??
That's called lying :lol:

You actually have to go to police and write a confession and testify if needed to be a snitch.

Walt just smarter than Hank.
***** ghost snitched
On who? The dudes he killed later that day? :lol:

Last edited:
Providing the location of dead bodies, buried drug money and a meth lab ain't snitching??
Snitching on who? :rofl:

What are you talking about?

If I kill everybody in the crew who owned the meth lab and killed the two cops buried in a hole then who is being snitched on? Who is going to jail? They all dead. I basically got a deal for my estranged wife for the cops to play clean up.

Also there was no buried drug money or location of a meth lab. Maybe you forgot what happened there; Walt gave Skyler the spot where he hid his money. Jesse tricked Walt in to having him lead Hank and Gomey to where it was. The bikers show up, take Walt's money, kill Hank and Gomey, bury them where the money use to be, and take Jesse as their meth cook slave.

All the cops are going to find are two dead DEA agents buried in a bin in a hole.

You not making sense.

If somebody needs to go to jail for it to be considered snitching, alright then albeit it wasn't impossible for those guys to make it out of there. And if they did, they'd be in jail via Walt's information.

BB ended up being a one time watch for me. I started late i only watched the last two seasons live as they were aired on tv i was definitely hooked and it was appointment viewing. I wouldnt even dvr so i could fast forward i sat there and watched every week the last 2 seasons. I tried to start it again a while back but the luster is gone plus i really really really hated Walt Jr and Skyler cant put myself through that again 🤣🤷🏾‍♂️

1674171921702.png

Back
Top Bottom