BRED 1 Legit Check - Outsole Mold Variation

Hey guys. I recently scooped up some legit Bred 1s from Italy and noticed that the outsoles of each shoe were slightly different from one another. The main difference is in the NIKE Swoosh that's molded into the outsole. On my pair, the NIKE font on the left shoe has rounder edges and the Swoosh stops where the copyright R is. On the right shoe the NIKE font has much sharper edges and the Swoosh extends way past the copyright R.

The left and right shoes also have different production dates. (07/09/13-09/09/13 and 07/10/13-09/02/13)

My conclusion is that either it's a quality control issue or someone at the store swapped the left or right shoe with another pair for whatever reason.

The right and left shoe having different production dates don't worry me since I have Jordans directly from NDC that have this issue.

I'd love for everyone with legit retro Jordan 1s to share pics of the molded NIKE on the bottom outsole of their kicks so we can compare and see what everyone has.

Thanks.

View media item 929240

Last edited:
That's very interesting. Is the color of the outsoles different also? If they are are you sure that they are authentic? Because unauthorized pairs normally have a thicker nike and swoosh on the outsole and a different design in the rubber

That's very interesting. Is the color of the outsoles different also? If they are are you sure that they are authentic? Because unauthorized pairs normally have a thicker nike and swoosh on the outsole and a different design in the rubber
Color is the same. It's just two different pictures so the shades look different. I've asked friends of mines that own retail AJ1 retros and they have confirmed that they own 1s with both molds. I guess Nike uses both molds to make their 1s.

View media item 929432

Last edited:
Can you post more pictures of the shoes? Just to validate their authenticity.

Yea they're authentic, just a quality control issue. Also, be careful when cleaning the red leather on the shoe, it tends to bleed VERY easily 
eyes.gif

Can you post more pictures of the shoes? Just to validate their authenticity.

I went ahead and posted the pics. But the purpose of this thread is to share information that can hopefully help people. A lot of times the issues Jordans suffer from have to do with quality control and nothing to do with them being fake or gray market. I have '88 retro 3s from NDC with completely different elephant print (one bold - other skinny) on each shoe. It's actually hard NOT to find flaws in Jordan Retros. If you look close enough, you WILL find issues.

DON'T FORGET TO SHARE YOUR AJ1 OUTSOLE PICS.

I have two different toeboxes on mine. As you said, you will always find a small difference from shoe to shoe, it's inevitable. 

What's different, the texture? How about your outsoles, which NIKE mold do your shoes have?

100% legit. It is very common for one shoe to differ from the other. Just so long as it has the correct details and characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom