Bred IV legit or fake?

Let me explain it to you. It looks fine but pretty sure the insole is a different color. Thats why its fake.

the "UK" text should be nearly touching the barcode, as shown in the niketalk post you referenced. the other 2 links, were 3-4 months prior to the Bred 4 release, which are most likely early release/GM pairs.

Thanks a lot, but other than that you have aby other suggestions? Cause I guess I can live with that tag :smile:

Definitely fake, tongue ain't right and the font of that tag is definitely off.

ok, I owe you an explanation. those Bred IV are unathorized/grey market, early release, how ever you call them...from kinstor, for little bit less then retail price. I must say I'm really impressed by agsz. Really good job dude. I got a pair of legit Bred 4's as well (my last J's that Ive bought in store, ef you Nike with your higher and higher prices for lower and lower quality, watch this: - the story about the quality at the begining)...and the things that are different then retail from my observation side by side:

- twentytwelve is little bit bigger (don't know if it is a 100% in this case, cause saw authentic Fire Reds with bigger twentytwelve)

- font of the size tag (also not sure, saw authentics with both fonts, bigger and smaller like mine from kinstor)

- there is no bump on the back under the jordan logo (authentic pair has one)

- some paint flaws on the air bubble (it's like it got little bit dirty), didn't see on my authentics, maybe someone can confirm he had some? not major but visible when you look closely

- the thing agsz noticed! I didn't tbh...and I never saw an authentic pair that has "UK" sign so far from the bar code, it's not like I'm sure there won't be any authentic box with such sticker, but for now I must say really good job

rest is just the same, no the tongue is fine (except the twentytwelve, but still ain't sure), dots are not a suspect I guess, although still don't know why one pair has 6, one has 7, and one has 8 (my authentics have 8 o_O), toe box is the same, everything looks and feels the same...even widow peaks are in same places, they are nothing big, almost can't see them, but you can feel them.

So my point is, for those who care if their money goes to nike and spend 300$ on them 4's, check the things that were pointed, don't let yourself pay 300$ on a shoe that you can buy for 140$...

oh and one more thing...threads, there were some really long threads inside of the GM pair, I did cut them, but in case you want to check, try to take out insole and look for long threads that hang out inside of the shoe

Last edited:
Yeah bro but you're missing something about fake pairs: after ten wears, your pair is gonna be beat up as **** which wouldn't happen with a real pair.

Some high quality fakes look almost identical to the real pairs most of the time but once you're starting to wear them you're gonna see the difference.

Last edited:
sure, I'll post some side by side photos on wensday, or maybe a quick movie...

about the fitting, I've heard about what your saying from other people, but I must say my pair fits perfectly same. although I must admit that at the beginning I felt some discomfort, some pressure at the end of the netting and beginning of the toe box of the left shoe, but after 3 wears it felt as naturally as in authentics. Not sure why was that, maybe cause I play soccer, I'm left footed and my left foot is bigger? :D and now worst part, I felt same pressure in newest VI's, authentics in the name of God! I felt pressure in both shoes, it started to be painful, so didn't buy Infrareds, but maybe I should take bigger size, not sure, normally I wear 9.5, 27,5cm.

back to the subject, about durability, not even close mate. Maybe someone had problems with them GM's, but I guess same problems might happen to authentics, they are just shoes remember...and since few years Nikes are not really that good quality wise. Those GM's are almost year old now! Of course I own like 30+ pair of sneakers and don't need to wear them all the time, but they had some time outdoors, for sure more then 40 uses, including parties where I was totally drunk and didn't care if something happens to them...and I guess they look really well still. maybe soon I'll machine wash them when they get dirty as hell :tongue:

On the last part, quality, I must add that Nike starts to be a joke comparing to Asics, Adidas (originals of course), Saucony or even New Balance! I've bought Air Max BW White/Metallic Gold, after 3-4 months (and I had them on maybe 6-7) the freaking front of the sole, that little tongue at the front of the shoe started to unglue! wth is that? And I machine wash New Balance 574's all the time, nothing happens with them!

Last edited:
  - ok, so paint flaws on the air bubble are also not a suspect, legits also got them time to time...which is sad tbh :/

Another one of these guys huh? Bro please don't get on here lobbying for people to buy GM sneakers.. Even though you may think they are the same, they are not fam..Far from it..

1st they do not hold value like the authentic.. Your pair retails for $140 and will ONLY ever be worth about that or less of course with wear.
2nd as stated when you wear them they will have issues.. They do not make the GMs to the same standards..It may look like it to you but it's just not the case bro.. They use COMPARABLE materials, most of the time thinner as well, so they crease and crack up faster etc. It's a replica.
3rd.. They have issues, the tongues look off, shape is off etc etc. Yeah you may skate by with the girls at school or a few homies in the neighborhood HOWEVER anyone who knows their ish about sneaks will know at first sight.

Don't fool yourself bro, you got a pair of $140 grass cutting kicks right here.. nothing more.

Another one of these guys huh? Bro please don't get on here lobbying for people to buy GM sneakers.. Even though you may think they are the same, they are not fam..Far from it..

1st they do not hold value like the authentic.. Your pair retails for $140 and will ONLY ever be worth about that or less of course with wear.
2nd as stated when you wear them they will have issues.. They do not make the GMs to the same standards..It may look like it to you but it's just not the case bro.. They use COMPARABLE materials, most of the time thinner as well, so they crease and crack up faster etc. It's a replica.
3rd.. They have issues, the tongues look off, shape is off etc etc. Yeah you may skate by with the girls at school or a few homies in the neighborhood HOWEVER anyone who knows their ish about sneaks will know at first sight.

Don't fool yourself bro, you got a pair of $140 grass cutting kicks right here.. nothing more.
THIS x1000

I'm not lobbying for GMs, I tried to warn people not to get fooled and buy a pair they can buy themself for 140$ for 300$ (imo authentics/authorized by Nike, are not worth 300$ either). that's first thing, second did you ever had or worn unathorized pair? then how tha f~ you can tell? I had both, so I can tell you, I already did...about creasing etc. I'm not sure, don't see my pair crease more then a pair of X's Stealths I own and use similar time then those

agsz was totally right when he said IV are really hard to say, in my opinion they are nearly impossible to tell if not compared side by side with the one from the shop, and Nike ****** quality doesn't help cause that pair worth 300$ for some sneakerheads might also have similar or even same flaws...watch the movie I've sent with the Gamma XI's, the quality is issue in both unathorized and authorized/authentics, that's Nike's fault

if you already know they are fake, why legit check them? Are you trying to pass them off as authentic?

not at all, trying to see what sneakerheads will notice, how many "wrong tongues" and "colors off" etc...but tbh I must admit people were helpful (agsz found a difference that I did not), although it's also obvious that some sneakerheads have other view on the GM and authentic shoes, and some are focused on getting the authentic shoe eventho the quality is horrible and denying that some early release/GM's/unathorized are made very well...that's sad, makes you think nothing will change and Nike will make their shoes worse and worse quality...but in the end at least the guy on the video admits he is more happy with his GM's then the retails.

Only retail/Authentics for me IMO.. Everything else replica or GM can stay out of my collection.

not at all, trying to see what sneakerheads will notice, how many "wrong tongues" and "colors off" etc...but tbh I must admit people were helpful (agsz found a difference that I did not), although it's also obvious that some sneakerheads have other view on the GM and authentic shoes, and some are focused on getting the authentic shoe eventho the quality is horrible and denying that some early release/GM's/unathorized are made very well...that's sad, makes you think nothing will change and Nike will make their shoes worse and worse quality...but in the end at least the guy on the video admits he is more happy with his GM's then the retails.
I see where you're coming from with nikes bad qc and letting pairs be sold with horrible stitching or butchered jumpman. But no one in their right mind including me that buys authentic would consider copping some GMs based on that. GMs have come a long way today but no I can still tell the differences on a lot of shoes in person

Back
Top Bottom