BRITISH KNIGHTS APPRECIATION POST (BRITISH KNIGHTS LEADER> NIKE AIR FORCE 1) PICS

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Neva seen these..
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

fixed.

I'll add!
Good work trethousandgt thanks for posting those old ads!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
especially the Kool Moe Dee one!
laugh.gif

Yeah, you are totally right back in the day BK were the bomb! especially in the UK & Europe, you had to have some BK's on your feet! I remember havingseveral pairs before I found Jays, I'm pretty sure they were the dymacels, so I can't wait for them to retro those!
When I heard they were retroing them again I had to get a pair for old times sake! & yes, they are very good quality! I may well get another pair at sometime, maybe the black ultras!
but this is all I have for now!
fce163460bafcc3529d5caedca5bb849c94ff203.pjpg

5461664106a2c7322b2539f153fcb20745574726.pjpg

e4f261545307babfc1c3f52d62341188ef649a5a.pjpg

76926cb428005a87c9d31c2a0aa24d4f45883eff.pjpg

BK's take me way back. These I think were my very first MUST have shoe. It went, these then ewings then Fila(All the G.Hills) then started buyin allJ's. And had my J's on ever since
happy.gif

ill agree they are good quality retros but down playing nike retros is pretty ignorant, first off the nike retros are good quality and close to og's itsthe jordan retros that are sucking in quality

^^^^down playing nike retro's ignorant?
laugh.gif
sorry not sure what world your living in but Nikes retro quality is horrendous. 95% of the Nike Retro'safter 2003/2004 have a deformed shape, uncomfortable midsole, and usually fall apart quickly, as someone that has handled the retro and original of damn nearevery nike, reebok, adidas, puma etc shoe I have more than enough product knowledge to make such a statement. Nike's retro quality is the worst hands down.British knights actually took the time, used the original molds, materials and production process to make their retro. What did we the consumer get? A dead onexact retro of the shoe that came out back in the 80's. Nike does not put as much effort into their retro's, although at this point, they reallydon't need to.

love british knights in the begining. dymacels was the begining of the end for the brand. who remembers troop and ellesse when they were hot?

Yeah, not really sure, but I think you used the term "down-playing" incorrectly. We're certainly talking bad about them, but that's notdown-playing anything.

Talking about how "good" the quality of Nike retros is would be down-playing how crappy the quality actually is. And Jordan retros are a Nikeproduct, just under a different name.

Think about Air Max 90's for instance. One of the reasons I don't seriously pursue them is the midsole cracking. My Hoop Pack Flight 89 midsoles arecracking and that's a reason I flipped my Tech Challenges. The quality is suspect. Very suspect.

Air bubbles in air maxes look pathetic compared to their OG counterparts. There's a reason for that, it's profit margins.

I almost look at Nike in two ways now, hard to see because it's all under one swoosh/jumpman. There's the new release category, where most of thequality is still good and a lot of designs are top-notch. Then there's the retro category, where it's an absolute joke. <--- This side reallyencourages me to get rid of all things Jordan/Nike. It's that bad for me.

lol@ "comfort level" I had 2 pairs of these back then cause moms wasnt tryin to break the bank for decent shoes. I hated the way they looked and theyfelt terrible too. And she made me get back to back pairs!
on top of that, there were certain areas you couldnt wear these or there were rumors you'd get jumped or killed because of the gang activity back then. Imsure the "killed" stuff was an exaggeration, but I know people did get beat up over them.
anyway, for as much as I hated these shoes, its nice to see a blast from the past that I'd apparently blocked out lol

I remember ellese and Troop. I liked them cause they always had non-traditional colorways. I remember my best friends older brother had some baby blue Troopsthat were ILL. Anyone remember Lotto's

This thread needs a bump badly so here's my contribution.  I just picked these Controls up from Tilted Sole for $52 shipped and I have to say I'm very impressed.  Good quality, very comfortable and I personally love the color way on these.  I'll definitely be picking up other colors and probably some of their high tops too, those look sick.  I'm all about showing off underrated brands.

This thread needs a bump badly so here's my contribution.  I just picked these Controls up from Tilted Sole for $52 shipped and I have to say I'm very impressed.  Good quality, very comfortable and I personally love the color way on these.  I'll definitely be picking up other colors and probably some of their high tops too, those look sick.  I'm all about showing off underrated brands.

Hey bud, how is the fit on these? Did you go TTS or did you go .5 up or down? Want to get a pair of the Control high's I seen on eBay but not sure on size. Could you post your experience? Thanks for the help. :smile:

Also, just checked out the site you got them from. Good prices. Did you have a code for the shipping? Let em know. :smile:

Last edited:
Hey bud, how is the fit on these? Did you go TTS or did you go .5 up or down? Want to get a pair of the Control high's I seen on eBay but not sure on size. Could you post your experience? Thanks for the help. :smile:

Also, just checked out the site you got them from. Good prices. Did you have a code for the shipping? Let em know. :smile:

Hey man, I went TTS and they are just right. My TTS is 12 and these are perfect, there's a little bit of room but not too much, just how I like my shoes. The code I used was SNEAKER20, not sure if that still works but of not I have another one, HOLIDAY15. Ground shipping is free and it only took two days to get to me since Tilted sole is in CA and I'm in Utah. Overall, I'm EXTREMELY pleased with these shoes.

Hey man, I went TTS and they are just right. My TTS is 12 and these are perfect, there's a little bit of room but not too much, just how I like my shoes. The code I used was SNEAKER20, not sure if that still works but of not I have another one, HOLIDAY15. Ground shipping is free and it only took two days to get to me since Tilted sole is in CA and I'm in Utah. Overall, I'm EXTREMELY pleased with these shoes.

Thanks so much for the info buddy. I just ordered a pair of the Highs. 20% code worked great. Thanks so much. Repped!!
:smile:

Last edited:
No problem bro, glad to help. Hope you enjoy them. Which colorway did you cop?
Hey buddy, I got the white/black/silver color. Had they had the Red/White/Blue pair I would have gotten them instead. But the color I got is cool. Excited to finally have a pair of Dymacel's. Remember them back in the day (I'm 39). Thanks again for your help. :smile:

Last edited:
Hey buddy, I got the white/black/silver color. Had they had the Red/White/Blue pair I would have gotten them instead. But the color I got is cool. Excited to finally have a pair of Dymacel's. Remember them back in the day (I'm 39). Thanks again for your help. :smile:

I'm 29, I do remember them as well just not as vividly. But nevertheless they are an awesome shoe and a brand that I'm more than happy to support, I'm a huge supporter of the less commonly seen/known shoe companies. Next pair I'm going to scoop up is either the reb/black control mid or the orange/sour blue Hi top.

Back
Top Bottom