Broadcast of David Ortiz roast cancelled b/c of racist jokes...

I think the thing people are missing is no one at the roast was bothered, the sports network was the one that pulled it. You can't be up here upset at a sports network that doesn't even allow cursing or anything offensive pulling a low brow roast. This is a waste of energy. It's a sports network.

Yea I haven't heard any actual complaints from the subject of the roast, Big Papi, either

They're usually full of off-color jokes by design,it's a roast after all :lol:

That means nothing.

I bet OJ Simpson and Tiger Woods wasn't offended by the racist jokes they heard hanging with white people too. :lol:
I hear you but dude is a proud black Dominican though,doubt he'd bite his tongue if he had a problem

“Do you ever turn anything down, Gronk?” Burr said. “You would ******* spike a flaming cross at a Klan rally if they promised you travel and some buffalo wings.”

Bruh :lol:

I think the thing people are missing is no one at the roast was bothered, the sports network was the one that pulled it. You can't be up here upset at a sports network that doesn't even allow cursing or anything offensive pulling a low brow roast. This is a waste of energy. It's a sports network.
While I agree 100%, I'm not sure what they knew what they were getting when they booked Bill Burr and Sarah Tiana to conduct a roast of a big black man in Boston. You'd think they would have had expected this.

Like, are Bostonians that daft?

After that Adam Jones incident in 2017 no less...

View media item 637099

i thought these type of jokes were the norm in roasts?

If you get offended by anything that belong in a comedy club, you don't get stand up.

If you start removing topics because theyre offensive to someone then you cant talk about anything. There will ALWAYS be something that is said in stand up that will offend someone.

It's either everything goes, or ban stand up comedy.

Like I said. In comedy, EVERYTHING goes.

So by your logic if a comic says it would be funny if round up all the n-words and lynched them, it would be cool?

A comic can say whatever he wants on stage, but he/she does have immunity from backlash. That is the risk they take

There will and has always been backlash from people who don't get comedy. It hasn't stopped them and shouldn't from making jokes about whatever they want. Don't watch the roast or watch standup if you don't get it.

Also, there is a difference between standup, and hate speech. It's pretty obvious spotting which is which.

You just stand anything does? So now it does not? And who decides the criteria as to what is hate speech? Isn't it somewhat subject, especially based on the audience? Now apply that same logic to offensive comments.

A comic has the freedom to say whatever he wants, he does not have e blanket immunity from backlash or some simply saying "I didn't like that joke, it was not funny it was offensive for this reason.....". Then judge the joke and the objection from there.

And it doesn't just have to do with hate speech. Look at Steve Harvey' s comment on Flint. So you're gonna say that no one has the right to find making light of that situation out of line?

And the solution to the problem is so short sighted. How the hell is someone suppose to predict what is coming out of a comic's mouth?

Comic should get a lil leeway, put they still have to answer for their words if they violate.

If you can't make jokes without making fun of someone's race then it wasn't funny to begin with 

I guess those people laughing on the comedy central roasts are paid to laugh. Race, religion, gender, class jokes have been a part of comedy for a long time.

It's all fun and games until white people get lit up.

This is my problem with the "it's only comedy" crowd.

If Kevin Hart stands up at a roast as makes some jewish jokes....they're getting him the **** up out the paint and launching a slander campaign like no other. 

There's only one group of people you can't criticize in Hollywood.

this is this era perhaps, back then Jews were hardcore too (see Al Goldstein, RIP)

My antics? Man sit down. He was cracking jew jokes too. It's a roast. They are always grossly offensive.

Addressing actor Anthony Mackie, who played Falcon in the “Captain America” and “Avengers” movies, Gronkowski said, “That’s the black guy. You know, who can even fly when he’s not being chased by cops. That’s his superpower.”

As seen in video obtained by TMZ, the NFL star threw in a hackneyed swipe. “You wanna know why Jews do play football?” he asked. “To get their quarter back, you cheap ****.”

This is that bad? That's tame by roast standards. Jesus christ.

Last edited:
i guess klan rallys should become a thing too 
eyes.gif

If you can't make jokes without making fun of someone's race then it wasn't funny to begin with 

I guess those people laughing on the comedy central roasts are paid to laugh. Race, religion, gender, class jokes have been a part of comedy for a long time.
I never found the roasts funny. It's just crude and barbaric jokes about nonsense. None of them are funny.

I will say the James Franco roast was great because they were all friends and they didn't gonsuper hard or offensive at each other

My antics? Man sit down. He was cracking jew jokes too. It's a roast. They are always grossly offensive.

Addressing actor Anthony Mackie, who played Falcon in the “Captain America” and “Avengers” movies, Gronkowski said, “That’s the black guy. You know, who can even fly when he’s not being chased by cops. That’s his superpower.”

As seen in video obtained by TMZ, the NFL star threw in a hackneyed swipe. “You wanna know why Jews do play football?” he asked. “To get their quarter back, you cheap ****.”

This is that bad? That's tame by roast standards. Jesus christ.

Dude shut the hell up. Your *** turns into a complete buffoonery over the slightest **** once you get offended

I never found the roasts funny. It's just crude and barbaric jokes about nonsense. None of them are funny.

Then it's not your type of comedy. I don't watch them but will see highlight clips and some of the jokes are straight ether.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't laugh when my Jewish friends would make people roasting in oven jokes or jokes about how cheap they are. I don't stop to think if it's appropriate to laugh. Same when we'll joke about our Asian female friends having slanted vaginas (I'm Asian btw).

Last edited:
What am i offended at? That i state an opinion and 30 seconds later you tell me i'm in no position to talk? Please. I enjoy roasts and feel no shame about it.

Don't watch a roast if you aren't prepared to be offended. This **** is ridiculous already.

You, like Ninja, are in no position to talk. Given your pass antics

says da dude that spoofs (((jew))) jokes from da alt right [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Nice try, I clearly mock their nonsense.

And you're only upset because it is part of a running gag that has you in your feelings

And you are the dude that pedals that same talking points of the alt right. Like saying systemic racism is not real, it is only a trick being played on black people by liberals for votes. So once again, you are in no position to talk.

Last edited:
Don't watch a roast if you aren't prepared to be offended. This **** is ridiculous already.

You, like Ninja, are in no position to talk. Given your pass antics

says da dude that spoofs (((jew))) jokes from da alt right [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Nice try, I clearly mock their nonsense.

which can also be construed as anti semitism in da pc land you reside in politically.

so that glass house ain't safe either b. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom