Bulls offseason Thread

noah

melo

butler

afflalo

rose

nerd.gif

Ive always liked Afflalo. However, i see this more of a backup plan if we dont get Melo. You still amnesty Booz, bring over Miritoc, sign Afflalo, try and move up in the draft.

Melo still #1 option but rumors goin around that he wants max dollars.

Ive always liked Afflalo. However, i see this more of a backup plan if we dont get Melo. You still amnesty Booz, bring over Miritoc, sign Afflalo, try and move up in the draft.

Melo still #1 option but rumors goin around that he wants max dollars.
if your getting AA to add to this team with melo then its prefect, not sure if im do this trade if you don't get melo before

Hmm..interesting. If you can somehow get Afflalo without using Boozer, I wonder if it's still possible to get Melo.

Something like...

1. Sign and Trade for Melo: Boozer / Jimmy / Pick
2. Trade for AA: MDJ? / Amundson&Brewer&James / Pick
3. Try and bring Mirotic over...use MLE

Haven't done the math but this would be the home run scenario.

By Joe Cowley | Get In Touch: @ | jcowley@suntimes.comInside the Bulls, Sports - June 21, 2014 12:24 pm
Thibodeau is all in on Bulls pursuit of ‘Melo

Link

The push to make sure Carmelo Anthony is wearing a Bulls uniform continues heating up heading into the NBA’s draft week, and maybe no one wants the forward’s services more than coach Tom Thibodeau.
According to one former NBA coach who had Anthony on his team, Thibodeau has not only reached out to him with numerous calls, but several other coaches that worked with Anthony on a daily basis.

“I even told Tom that there may be days he will want to blow his own head off when it comes to ‘Melo’s defense, but he keeps saying he knows he can make it work,’’ the coach said. “It’s not that Carmelo can’t play defense, it’s just how often, and he knows every trick in the book on getting around that.’’

The fact that the Bulls are in full-court-press mode on Anthony comes as no surprise, especially since it was first reported that center Joakim Noah not only courted Anthony during the All-Star Game back in February, but continued the recruitment up on the Knicks forward throughout the second half of the season.
It would seem that Noah is not alone, as Derrick Rose has reportedly gotten involved, as well as Thibodeau using back channels to let Anthony know that his addition could mean big things for both Anthony and the Bulls.

“There’s no question they would be better with him – with or without his defensive inconsistencies,’’ the source continued. “As I told Tom, ‘You’re in the East, Tom. Remember, you’re in the East.’ ‘’
That has been the thought the entire second half of the season for the Bulls. Even without Rose (right knee) and Luol Deng (traded) on the roster after early January, they finished with the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference, and still won 48 games.
With Miami’s Achilles Heel seemingly exposed during the NBA Finals loss to the Spurs, Indiana in need of psychoanalysis, and Toronto’s roster uncertainty, a threesome of Anthony, Rose and Noah could easily challenge for the throne in the East for the 2014-15 season.
The question remains, how does the Anthony deal get done? Multiple media outlets reported that a sign-and-trade for the expiring contract of Carlos Boozer is the favored route, especially with the Knicks feeling that Anthony will announce on Monday that he will opt out of his current deal.

That would also mean the Bulls would sending at least one of their first round picks – 16 or 19 – to the Knicks, who are in rebuild mode and need to start with a point guard.
There are also reports that the Bulls could be dumping another draft pick in pursuit of Orlando scorer Arron Afflalo, which means it’s not about adding youth as much as it is about pursuing a championship for a team trying to make sure the window stays open now.
The Bulls aggressiveness on all fronts to improve the roster isn’t shocking anyone throughout the league. Even at the NBA Finals last week, several sources indicated that both general manager Gar Forman and VP of basketball operations John Paxson were “looking to exhaust as many assets as it will take’’ to make the Bulls a contender this summer.

Last edited:
Like i said months ago, the determining factor in the Bulls/Melo saga is how much money Melo wants. If he wants upwards of $15-17 mil....it aint gon work.

And ive been reading that Afflalo can be had for cheap. Like a draft pick and Snell cheap....id do that in a heartbeat. I dont know what his annual salary is though.

And i still want Melo first, but a healthy Derrick with the addition of Miritoc and Afflalo isnt terrible.

^^
No thanks, on AA.
Only reason his stats are good is cause he was playing on that sorry Magic squad.

Pass......especially at 7.75 mill per

Last edited:
Reports have been saying Phil is now open to a sign and trade with us...

Melo at 15m isn't undo able....

Door is still wide open but if Melo was talking winning over dollars be4 and now is talking max dollars..this guy might be a fluke and have a very slight interest in getting rings..

We shall see

Melo ain't about that big pay cut life. What he loses by leaving the Knicks will probably be the most he's willing to give up.

I'm not setting myself up to get my heartbroken... Kinda fading hope right now...if it seems to good Te be true it most likely is..but I still got some hope left in the tank...

The possibilities if he comes over though man oh man..this has to happen

I think it's great they are talking sign and trade involving boozer. I mentioned that earlier and everyone said the Knicks wouldn't be interested. If you package booze and a pick that leaves you a lot of great role players and additional pieces to move later on.

Now Derrick needs to talk to his buddy in Minnesota and have him force their hand. In the end celtics and warriors offers don't matter if he says he wants to be in one spot.

I think it's great they are talking sign and trade involving boozer. I mentioned that earlier and everyone said the Knicks wouldn't be interested. If you package booze and a pick that leaves you a lot of great role players and additional pieces to move later on.

Now Derrick needs to talk to his buddy in Minnesota and have him force their hand. In the end celtics and warriors offers don't matter if he says he wants to be in one spot.

Knicks sources saying that NY won't take Boozer so yea.......

Happy Saturday morning reading:

Yahoo Sports By Adrian Wojnarowski 21 minutes ago
The Chicago Bulls are pursuing a trade for Orlando Magic swingman Arron Afflalo, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Afflalo, 28, has two years left on his contract – including an Early Termination Option (ETO) provision next summer – and front office executives believe the Magic are prioritizing a trade for Afflalo over working to extend his contract.

It is unclear how the Bulls' pursuit of Afflalo would impact the franchise's free-agent interest in New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony.

The Bulls are searching for shooting to surround the returning Derrick Rose, and Afflalo is coming off his best offensive season, averaging 18.2 points per game on 45.9 percent shooting.

Chicago owns the 16th and 19th overall picks in the draft, and assuredly one of those selections would be included in a possible package with the Magic. Orlando has the fourth and 12th picks in Thursday's draft and a rapidly developing young core of talent, including guard Victor Oladipo and center Nikola Vucevic.

The Bulls have shown a strong interest in moving one of their top picks in a deal and have been open to trading the 19th overall pick for a future first-round selection, league sources said. The Bulls are trying to be careful to preserve salary cap space for July free agency and are leery of two rookie-scale first-round picks on the roster, sources said.

Afflalo will make $7.5 million this upcoming season and can opt in to a $7.75 million deal in the summer of 2015.

...I have no idea how this would fit in our plans for Melo unless we're working to move Afflalo again in a S&T?
If the Bulls make this move, I think it has nothing to do with their pursuit of Melo and more with the Mirotic buyout from Real Madrid. I figure Mirotic starting would be a sticking point seeing that Gibson plays the same position. From a money standpoint, I believe Afflalo makes roughly the same as Gibson and has better production overall, in turn makes Gibson expendable while bring Mirotic over to play PF as a starter. This move will keep the Bulls in the running to get Melo. A lineup of Rose, Afflalo, Anthony, Mirotic, and Noah would be formidable especially offensively. Have Butler as a 6th man off the bench.

I think they would eventually bring Afflalo of the bench as 6th man since he can probably score more consistently than Jimmy.

From what im hearing and makes more sense, the bulls are very aware of Melo not being about that pay cut life. Acquiring Affalo would be to add in the sign and trade along with boozer, whichever pick they keep as well as Dunleavy. This would allow them to sign melo to a closer number he wants and still keep Taj and Jimmy.

Also great hearing rose is doing 5 on 5 everyday now. Just doing drills in the offseason is fine when you played an entire season. He's need that scrimmaging for timing against actual ppl being off so long.

Im done speculating. Its fun to a point, then things get redundant and we just want to know whats gonna happen. Freakin rollercoaster ride if tou listen to all the rumors.

Back
Top Bottom