Bulls offseason Thread

yea, obvi he aint a native Spaniard with that name...
but he was thinkin about runnin with spain national team before so eh, i count him

Correct he is from Montenegro but a naturalized Spaniard.

Just like the greek freak :lol:

He's Nigeria I.believe but just a citizen of Greece...

It doesn't matter where our roots come from all over the world, if your from America your american..it's not about ethnicity really just about where your born

I really respect Pau more after learning that he signed for 3 yr/22.

It means that he's driven by not just money, but wins too. Anybody with that kind of mindset is welcome on the Bulls.

Pau's mindset is great..we need a vet with championship experience I guess hell be useful later in the playoffs..
We just need to keep hom decent..this is not jimmy B.this guy is 34 yrs old

Last edited:
I think his winning mindset is why him and Kobe got along so well alotta times.

I just hope he still has decently fresh legs.

not being able to trade for Pau really hurt us major. If we were able to get a sign and trade done we would have been able to keep kirk, DJ, jimmer, we also went from being able to offer 5.3 mid level exception to 2.7 million mid level. This cba crap is crazy. We want lance we have to find a way to trade boozer not amnesty him.

Also not pleased at all with Mirotic deal, when you put into perspective he makes more than jimmy, and everyone else on our bench except for taj. From all reports thus far nba ready wise he behind snell and Doug already. 6 mil a year for 3rd string PF, when we having a big whole at the 3

Last edited:
C'mon Joe, how you gonna compare Jimmy's contract, which is a rookie deal, to Mirotic's? We all knew it would cost us to bring him over, 6M per isn't bad at all we kept him in our price range. Not a bad deal at all especially if he can come in and contribute right away.

Last edited:
I don't think it was the FO's fault there wasn't a S&T facilitated. Lakers didn't want to add MDJ's contract and no takers for Boozer since teams know they can sign him cheaper once he's amnestied.

On Mirotic v. Jimmy, the contract $ doesn't matter. Jimmy will get a new one after this season anyway.

C'mon Joe, how you gonna compare Jimmy's contract, which is a rookie deal, to Mirotic's? We all knew it would cost us to bring him over, 6M per isn't bad at all we kept him in our price range. Not a bad deal at all especially if he can come in and contribute right away.

and what is Mirotic he is nothing more than a rookie, and once again he is the 3rd string PF how much is he really gonna be able to contribute, once we signed Pau i dont get the move, package mirotic for a substantial small forward, I think we all agree Dunleavy is not the starting 3 we need . You gotta put all the moves into perspective and what the bulls need

I don't think it was the FO's fault there wasn't a S&T facilitated. Lakers didn't want to add MDJ's contract and no takers for Boozer since teams know they can sign him cheaper once he's amnestied.

On Mirotic v. Jimmy, the contract $ doesn't matter. Jimmy will get a new one after this season anyway.

by no means am i blaming our FO for pau just informing folks of what happened once the trade wasnt able to be completed. Now the mirotic thing yes im scratching my head at the FO choice

Mirotic is an nba rookie that is not subject to the rookie paying scale because of his yrs playing professional basketball overseas. the Bulls are not allowed to pay him as a rookie. If Bulls brass believed he is a 3rd string pf they wouldn't even bother bringing him over.

Mirotic is probably another reason they went after Pau so hard, and possibly a other reason Pau took less to sign with the Bulls. They probably sold Pau on the opportunity to mentor and help a fellow Spaniard adjust to the NBA.

Last edited:
Mirotic waited three years after getting drafted to sign, so he is not subject to the rookie scale. Other guys that have done this include Splitter and Scola.

Mirotic is an nba rookie that is not subject to the rookie paying scale because of his yrs playing professional basketball overseas. the Bulls are not allowed to pay him as a rookie. If Bulls brass believed he is a 3rd string of they wouldn't even bother bringing him over.

im listening what we gonna do play him at the 5, because as of right now he is the 3rd string PF. Im aware he cant be paid on the rookie scale but once again once you signed Pau, miriotic became expendable thats when you address the 3

Niko expendable after signing Pau? Nahhhhh, not after waiting for him. Niko is the backup PF, at least in my rotation:

Rose, Hinrich, Vet Min Guy (Aaron Brooks?)
Butler, Snell, Vet Min Guy
MDJ, Butler, McDermott
Taj, Mirotic, Randolph
Noah, Gasol

Pau can interchange between PF and C depending on Thibs and matchups. A lil thin at the wings but pretty versatile otherwise. Let's wait and see who else they manage to get.

3rd string PF? Mirotic will be in the rotation. We FINALLY bring in some front court depth so Jo doesn't have to play 42 mins per night and it's still a bad move to some? I disagree, think it was a great move and good money, we'll see when the season starts.

If we can find a taker for MJD and Randolph, hopefully we can bring in a 3 and maybe another combo guard that can create since we lost DJ.

Again, the opportunity to mentor Mirotic was probably a big part of the Bulls pitch to Pau, so I don't see how they would think signing Pau makes Mirotic expendable.

Our team is pretty damn deep. When we go with a big lineup...aint nobody gonna be able to match up.

Pau's contract is very fair, and very tradeable should that need arise. Its all about D. Rose now.

start off by saying i knew carmel corn would take his cash so im not even mad about it we still did wk

lets ******* GO!

dougie & tony went off in both SL games ...tony has to cut the TO's & he will be straight & dougie needs calm down a bit & also step in one or 2 steps & he wouldve made a few more trey balls

the barton(last name) pg & lazerus(first name) pg on the SL squad could both get signed & are both dj esque... could be the reason they let him go

Gasol will be nasty if hes the #6 taj gotta start eat first then Pau can eat off the other teams 2nd string big

euro cat comin over should be nice & stacks us up again ... i like it , i like it a lot

Derrick, curry,lillard,irving(aka hotsauce) fighting for the pg slot on the world cup roster.... still gonna be a battle even with wall & westbrook not in it .

great weekend, good fo moves for the squad, great future ahead with derrick being healthy or not

Last edited:
start off by saying i knew carmel corn would take his cash so im not eve mad about it we still did wk

lets ******* GO!

dougie & tony went off in both SL games ...tony has to cut the TO's & he will be straight & dougie needs calm down a bit & also step in one or 2 steps & he wouldve made a few more trey balls

the barton(last name) pg & lazerus(first name) pg on the SL squad could both get signed & are both dj esque... could be the reason they let him go

Gasol will be nasty if hes the #6 taj gotta start eat first then Pau can eat off the other teams 2nd string big

euro cat comin over should be nice & stacks us up again ... i like it , i like it a lot

Derrick, curry,lillard,irving(aka hotsauce) fighting for the pg slot on the world cup roster.... still gonna be a battle even with wall & westbrook not in it .

great weekend, good fo moves for the squad, great future ahead with derrick being healthy or not

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Snell will eventually be our starting SG.

Also, does anyone know if we have a trade exception from the Lu trade? I remember something like a $2M exception so maybe we can get a 3rd guard like Aaron Brooks / Sessions / Jordan Crawford?

If you look at the ECF teams, Gasol should feast against opposing bigs especially if he's 6th man.

I think it's Bulls / Wizards / Pacers / Heat for the top spots.

Back
Top Bottom