Bulls offseason Thread

They have no choice in the matter. They can't afford not to sign him. I'm just curious as to what the final number is. I'm happy for JB to win the bet. Lord help them if he wins finals MVP.

This clown's act has long ago worn thin on me
mean.gif

Can't understand how I can despise a player I used to like this much....time somebody put this rabid dog to sleep.

Good win nonetheless......

I really wished Thibs would give Tony and Doug more TIP, were gonna need all these guys in the late stretch of the season. I want to see these guys flourish and find their roles within the team.
It may sound cliche but Thibs has that game 7 mentality for every single game we play....it's good and bad at the same time.
roll.gif

I know I wasn't the only one who noticed when Garnett walked to the bench with his fourth foul (something like that) he kept pounding his head with his hands repeatedly and talking to himself. Surprised there hasn't been a gif of it yet.

^No, you were not the only one who noticed it....:lol:

I think Noah is well on his way to be this way later in his career. Finga gunz / the meltdown in Sac last season...etc.

^No, you were not the only one who noticed it....:lol:

I think Noah is well on his way to be this way later in his career. Finga gunz / the meltdown in Sac last season...etc.

just give me a ring or 2 before hand & he can cook with no regards

By the way, has anyone noticed that we haven't been getting killed on the boards ever since Taj got hurt? I'm not saying he's fully to blame but I thought it was interesting. I do think he's more focused on his offense this season.

Niko's done pretty well on the boards lately. I'm starting to think his ceiling is higher than I first thought. I can't compare him to a single player, but from what I've seen thus far I think he's got elements of Dirk / Hedo.

every game that passes i cant help but to look at the FO could paid jimmy a high yet discounted amount.... Jimmy play right now makes him the best two way SG in the entire league. its not close only other SG in the league with that level of defense guarding 1-3 is Tony Allen, then if you look at all jimmys other stats there better than klay as well

that boy has come a long way we have no choice but to match or pray he only deals with us and takes slightly under the max

Last edited:
I can see Jimmy asking for the max and i dont blame him one bit. Make as much as you can while you can. He's 25, way too young to take a hometown discount. If you gping to play 44 mins a game you gotta get as much as you can :lol:.

Organization has been cheap way too long, time to pay up.

I can see Jimmy asking for the max and i dont blame him one bit. Make as much as you can while you can. He's 25, way too young to take a hometown discount. If you gping to play 44 mins a game you gotta get as much as you can :lol:.

Organization has been cheap way too long, time to pay up.
All of this.

Alright....

I'm thinking 4/60mill, 15 per year......that's the best case scenario.
Realistically he could get more and who knows if he'll ask for more but at 15 per, he becomes the second highest paid player behind Rose. Hopefully that'll be enough to retain him.

The TV revenue money won't kick in till 2017-2018 season and that should alleviate any heavy penalties we should incur next season.

Here's the cap for this season and the projected cap for the next 2:

Season Cap. Lux
14 - 15. 63 -- 77
15 - 16. 66 -- 81
17 - 18. 87. -- ????

Don't forget people were in the apron territory now, meaning were over the cap but not into the lux, and we'll prob be in the lux next year depending on what we give Jimmy and if we retain Aaron or not. Lots of moving pieces and intricacies go into the cap.

We have to respect what Gar/Pax have done with the cap and our teams these last couple of seasons....we may not like it but we have to respect it. They've done a far better job than most of them give them credit for.

I don't really like to use basketball-reference cause they're numbers aren't always right but here's a quick look at the team currently.....

Last edited:
There ws no way of predicting the jump Jimmy is making.

In hindsight, owners are probably kicking themselves for not making him bite on 14 or 13 this summer. God knows what he'd ask for now.

^
:lol:

I feel you. Tough loss tonight.
On a more positive note though Rose is starting to string some games together :nthat:

Lot of guys looked tired at the end. Gotta see how they respond tomorrow.

Mirotic is playing great, need him to keep that up.

No reason we should have lost :smh:

What.A.Game. Too bad about the result and how we got to OT :smh:

I have to believe this did some wonders for Rose's confidence too.

C'mon Thibs, pull a Pop tomorrow. I won't hold my breath though.

Last edited:
i couldnt watch the game but is rose even attacking the rim or just taking jumpers...... until he trust him self to go to the basket he wont be the Rose we come to love, wonder if he even plays tonight.

Back
Top Bottom