Bulls offseason Thread

I truly think the bulls are dumb for not keeping Nate he finally in his career to find a team he thrived on and was a perfect fit for him..what would u bulls fans say if d rose comes back and is never the same as he left?

You must not have a clue about NBA contracts :smh: ... right now Nate thinks he worth more than what his market value truly is. We have other needs besides Nate, so we can't OVERPAY him.

Would I love to have him back? Of course! I just don't think we need to break the bank on him. He's not even getting offers from other teams right now.

K.C. Johnson tweeted that there is a ".9%" chance of Nate coming back to the Bulls.

I dont want to overpay nate at all and im a big supporter of him but offering the same contract as last year is a slap in the face too. Need to find middle ground

Nick Young signed with the lakers for the vet minimum. We could gave him that

Yeah, I just thought of that too.

Oh well. If you're Nick it'd be hard to turn down your hometown team even at the vet minimum.

Edit:

Yup, hard to turn down the Lakers if you're a LA Kid.
‏@Mike_Bresnahan 4s

Nick Young's agent, Mark Bartelstein: "He could've waited + got more money in free-agent market but his dream's always been to be a Laker."

Last edited:
Nate's biggest problem has always been his ego he thinks he'a top 5 Money but I hope he signs for what he's worth and it's a win win in the end...lol we ran in NY we practically ran him outta town w the Starbury treatment calling it Nate ball lol

Nah he left 7 million on the table to play for the Nets. Prokhorov and AK47 are homies, they've been trying to get him since the lockout, it was bound to happen eventually. Once he opted out of his original 10 million dollar deal nobody else but the Nets had a shot at him.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, our owner is the anti-Prokhorov in all facets. So no shot in getting AK47 for a discounted rate.

I'm sure AK47 now has shares in Prok's oil empire under a different name.

I just hate hearing how Chicago has Ko money to spend on people and then seeing two people this week going to other teams for less money.

Free agents just sucks as a free agent destination, money or not... I blame this on the front office.

I feel you my dude but you can't be mad at guys like Nick Young signing with his hometown team for the Vet minimum or AK47 wanting to play for his Russian homeboy at a discounted rate :lol: we had no shot at some of these guys.

I just hate hearing how Chicago has Ko money to spend on people and then seeing two people this week going to other teams for less money.

Free agents just sucks as a free agent destination, money or not... I blame this on the front office.

I hear you. Unfortunately, though the ORG is willing to pay the tax but to what extent is the question. To add some perspective, the Lakers paid almost $29M in tax last season, and BK is slated to pay around $71M after this upcoming season.

The Bulls paid around $3M last season.

Last edited:

I hear you. Unfortunately, though the ORG is willing to pay the tax but to what extent is the question. To add some perspective, the Lakers paid almost $29M in tax last season, and BK is slated to pay around $71M after this upcoming season.

The Bulls paid around $3M last season.

That's insanity.

The owners instituting a hard cap with luxury tax penalties that stiff was foolish :smh:

that link didn't work for me..would someone post the article?

I've kinda come to grips with nate leaving. it is what it is...all I want is for this team to stay healthy from now thru June 20th 2014

thanks CA

I appreciate teams that spend that bread to win..too bad NY just cant get right..and you see
okc determined to stay that way

we are a major market team like NY and LA but don't spend like them at all

all I can do as a fan is stop purchasing direct merchandise and tickets

I would take Gerald Henderson and Mo Williams IF we could make it work BUT we still need a big man because I'm not sold on Nazr as Jo's back up :x

I would take Gerald Henderson and Mo Williams IF we could make it work BUT we still need a big man because I'm not sold on Nazr as Jo's back up :x

I agree but that ship has sailed as far as getting a decent big man to back JO cough(plumlee), so only realistic choices left are Mo williams or Nate so I say get it done

Back
Top Bottom