Buying flowers for woman

Gentlemen of NT, I am a rookie when it comes to picking flowers. I've never bought flowers for anybody other than my mother. I am dating this woman who I find very interesting. We've been on a couple dates and all has went well. Yes, we have done the nasty. I want to get her flowers for the next time we go out. No reason for me buying them but to surprise her outta the blue. Just wanted your guys opinion if it's better to buy a single flower or a bouquet. Feel free to share your stories.  

Thanks. You think single color bouquet or multi-color bouquet would be more appealing?

That's up to you. First time I got my girl flowers it was just a dozen red roses, that's always the safe route.
We've been together over a year now so I try to switch it up. White tulips (actually my favorite flower), orchids are also nice too

Multi colored tulips are always a nice choice. Anytime i'm going on a first date and I have time, I do that. $7 at my local bodega but they'll never know

*profit

Get her something other than the norm. Go with a Blue Orchid set up. They last longer than traditional roses.

Appreciate the suggestions. Her favorite color is green. I want to incorporate green somehow in the bouquet.

Get her some flowers and a green base? Thats what I did for my girlfriend, her favorite colour is green also.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

If she likes green....
http://fc09.deviantart.ne...ouquet_by_pandaraoke.jpg

Someone help me out...posting from my phone.
Origami_money_roses_bouquet_by_pandaraoke.jpg

lolol

Just go to any flower store or stand.  Just tell them you have never bought flowers before.  Give them a budget and they should help you out.  Pick out flowers you like or you think she will like and they will make a nice bouquet for you.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Be careful which rose color you get her OP, the have different meanings.
Didn't know that. Any colors I should stray away from?

Originally Posted by maddog345

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Be careful which rose color you get her OP, the have different meanings.
Didn't know that. Any colors I should stray away from?

Since you two are just starting out I would stay away from red.

I used to get my ex some white roses....idk what the $%%* those mean.

Another good look is to buy some flowers for your girls mom when she brings you over to meet them. Should warm their heart....especially if you have neck/face tattoos. Buck the pops though....he don't get nathan.

being a girl myself, I know that we tend to look deeper into things. so for example colors and the type of flower will always make us wonder what you think of us. So color is very important, you dont want a color that expresses something you are not feeling because then she will look at it that way. Although men can be a bit above the surface, women are much more deep and look into things, in my opinion way too much. I know i do it a lot.. i would give the smallest things all the meaning in the world. 

i wouldn't rush into getting flowers so soon. it kinda sets the bar so you'll find yourself having to get her flowers more often than you'd like, otherwise she may feel neglected later down the line.

speaking from personal experience, i usually take it easy in the "gifting" department and kind of just focus on giving my time and attention. you don't want a girl getting used to receiving gifts until a bit later when you guys are more serious IMO.

Originally Posted by bbycks

being a girl myself, I know that we tend to look deeper into things. so for example colors and the type of flower will always make us wonder what you think of us. So color is very important, you dont want a color that expresses something you are not feeling because then she will look at it that way. Although men can be a bit above the surface, women are much more deep and look into things, in my opinion way too much. I know i do it a lot.. i would give the smallest things all the meaning in the world. 

I hate women like you. lol stop looking into it so much and appreciate the gesture for what it is!

Back
Top Bottom