Buying Jordans on release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How hard is it to buy jordans on release date? I'm talking about retro's in particular, the olympic midnight 6's, and the olympic 7's scheduled to come out later this year. I wear a size 7.5-8 do these sizes sell out fast? I would prefer to buy my jordans online then the store because it's just easier for me. How long does it take for pys to be sold out of shoes, footlocker, footaction, or finishline? Online and retail. I'm new to buying jordans, just got my first pair a few months ago and looking at the upcoming releases I can't wait to buy them.

it depends on what shoes

people started camping out the day before for the concord 11's

you can walk right in and get the jordan retro 14 last shots because not alot of people copped them

so it all depends....................................welcome to NT..................................................................peace23

Originally Posted by zongetsu23

it depends on what shoes

people started camping out the week before for the concord 11's

you can walk right in and get the jordan retro 14 last shots because not alot of people copped them

so it all depends....................................welcome to NT..................................................................peace23

Fixed it for you.

OP: It really just depends on the shoe, and it's hard to say this early. Most of the time, as long as you're able to get to a store or computer the day of the release, you should be fine...but other times (see Concord XI from a couple weeks ago), you had to plan your Friday around how you'd be getting them.

The olympic midnight 6's will be tough to get. Depending on the city you're in, you might not be able to get them without lining up. The Olympic 7's should be a little easier since the FTLGs came out not too long ago.

Well I can't get any jordans in my neighborhood so i have to go to the mall and get them. That's hard for me since I usually can't get a ride there. I'd expect huge lines and stuff though. I'm willing to stay up till midnight on the computer to buy the midnight 6's/olympic 7's but how does that work? I was browsing the forums before I got verified to post and I hear eastbay, footlocker, and some other sites crashed because of all the people trying to buy concord 11's.

Originally Posted by zeru

Well I can't get any jordans in my neighborhood so i have to go to the mall and get them. That's hard for me since I usually can't get a ride there. I'd expect huge lines and stuff though. I'm willing to stay up till midnight on the computer to buy the midnight 6's/olympic 7's but how does that work? I was browsing the forums before I got verified to post and I hear eastbay, footlocker, and some other sites crashed because of all the people trying to buy concord 11's.

NDC will be the most reliable. I don't think their servers will crash for those releases.

ALL the sites (Finish Line, Champs, Foot Locker, Foot Action, Eastbay) were crashed for the majority of the time from just before midnight to around 2am EST. Nike's site handled the load pretty well, but they sold out in under an hour I believe...but comparing pretty much any release to the Concords is apples to oranges IMO.

Originally Posted by Forty Four 4s

The olympic midnight 6's will be tough to get. Depending on the city you're in, you might not be able to get them without lining up. The Olympic 7's should be a little easier since the FTLGs came out not too long ago.
^you are right^

it depends on what city you are in to , im in baltimore and its always line ups on hot releases everywhere  here, you have to put your work

in and plan on when and where you go to cop or you will be $#!+ out of luck................................................peace23

NDC will be the most reliable. I don't think their servers will crash for those releases.
Ill try having multiple tabs open on my computer one with ndc, one with finishline, one with eastbay, and one with footlocker. I'll make an account for each of these sites so i can save time with filling out billing information and whatnot. That should work pretty well right? Is size 7.5-8 a popular size? It's pretty small to me but that's my shoe size.

Ill try having multiple tabs open on my computer one with ndc, one with finishline, one with eastbay, and one with footlocker. I'll make an account for each of these sites so i can save time with filling out billing information and whatnot. That should work pretty well right? Is size 7.5-8 a popular size? It's pretty small to me but that's my shoe size.
Be careful with multple tabs open, some releases have limits on how many you can buy and also if you "add to cart" on one tab and that doesnt work when you go to your other tab and "add to cart" it will say you have two and then you will have to remove one which will take time and you may not get them. Be patient and do not double click!! or get frustrated. I buy a lot of my shoes off Nike.com and rarely have a problem. I got the concords, lebron cannons, chinas,  a lot of major releases last year thru Nike.com just be patient!

Footlocker and Eastbay are run by the same company. Hence the identical layout to both websites. Your best bet is NDC. Eastbay puts you in a queue that is unreliable. Finishline servers always crash for big releases, theres many different problems with them even after you get through. Sometimes you won't get a confirmation email and they've been known to cancel orders after the fact.

Originally Posted by limajsl

Be careful with multple tabs open, some releases have limits on how many you can buy and also if you "add to cart" on one tab and that doesnt work when you go to your other tab and "add to cart" it will say you have two and then you will have to remove one which will take time and you may not get them. Be patient and do not double click!! or get frustrated. I buy a lot of my shoes off Nike.com and rarely have a problem. I got the concords, lebron cannons, chinas,  a lot of major releases last year thru Nike.com just be patient!

He's talking about tabbed browsing, being on multiple sites at once to see which one works first. I do it with Eastbay and the timer, I'm normally able to get a pair from NDC by the time it ends.

Originally Posted by prozac4312

zongetsu23 wrote:

it depends on what shoes

people started camping out the week before for the concord 11's

Fixed it for you.

OP: It really just depends on the shoe, and it's hard to say this early. Most of the time, as long as you're able to get to a store or computer the day of the release, you should be fine...but other times (see Concord XI from a couple weeks ago), you had to plan your Friday around how you'd be getting them.

agreed.

Thanks again Zongetsu23 for the Concords, my lil bro is loving them
wink.gif

best bet is to roll to a mom and pop store the day of in the morning. You will be golden. After you buy 3 or 4 jordans from them on various release dates. You can then talk to owner and ask about pre orders, holding shoes to side..and various discounts etc

I don't have any stores near me besides footlocker but whenever I check online if they have my size shoes in stock they don't. 

Just like everyone else said, just depends on the particular sneaker and believe it or not....the city does matter as well. Eastbay is a good source for online ordering if you can't camp. Most people who refuse or aren't able to camp are content with reseller prices.

It all depends on the "hype".

Both those Olympic sneakers (6 & 7) will sell out fast.

As long as you make it to your local JB retailer before the day is over, you should score a pair.

I recommend going when the store opens, or at least close to opening.

Also another thing to realize is your size.

Men's usually sell out faster than GS and PS obviously.

Just a heads up for those that don't know, Eastbay, Champs, Foot Locker, & Footaction use all the same stock and thus you're essentially ordering from the same place. Hence the servers crashing.

Originally Posted by super23freak

Just a heads up for those that don't know, Eastbay, Champs, Foot Locker, & Footaction use all the same stock and thus you're essentially ordering from the same place. Hence the servers crashing.

yea, thats ridiculous. they obviously dont care

Just depends how bad you really want them... Do your homework and find out how many pairs your local store is getting always have a back up plan. Try online first but it doesn't always work there. So do some networking, make local connections. The release you are looking most forward to will be instant sell outs so just wait closer to release date to determine if you want to take the risk of copping online... Be aware of the hype. Call ahead and see what time stores are opening or maybe they might even hold you a pair...

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

Just depends how bad you really want them... Do your homework and find out how many pairs your local store is getting always have a back up plan. Try online first but it doesn't always work there. So do some networking, make local connections. The release you are looking most forward to will be instant sell outs so just wait closer to release date to determine if you want to take the risk of copping online... Be aware of the hype. Call ahead and see what time stores are opening or maybe they might even hold you a pair...
I'm going to try staying up till like 1 to buy the shoes online. The shoes are available at midnight the day of the release date right? If i can't get a pair online I'll just go to a store and hope I'm lucky.

All the releases I'm getting this year are the Red Foams, Cement 4's, Olympic 6's, Playoff and Obsidian 12's and the Raptor 7's. 
Most of these shoes will be hard to come by so there is a couple of ways I can approach this. 

1- Wristbands at my local House of Hoops/Nike Store. If the shoe is very hyped up I will probably not do this. 

2- Pre-Order, many people are pre-ordering from Eu and American sites to assure you get a pair. If your not on top of your game and checking at proper times, will be very hard to do. Since your new, I'd advise not to use this.

3- Have a connect, this person i'm becoming friends with has a cousin at HOH. His cousin also holds pairs, will try to get pairs held.

4- Online. I only trust one website, and that is NDC (nike.com). Every release I've got online has been through them. BUT if I have to I will use eastbay or footlocker. If the release is on a Saturday, they go up FRIDAY NIGHT AT 12. Don't get it screwed up 
laugh.gif

If you do not know your size in a particular shoe, I advise buying your size and a .5 up. Once you figure out which one you like better you can always resell (puts on flame suit) or return the pair.

Just a few tips, if you need any other info feel free to message me.

Good luck 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Franco23x

All the releases I'm getting this year are the Red Foams, Cement 4's, Olympic 6's, Playoff and Obsidian 12's and the Raptor 7's. 
Most of these shoes will be hard to come by so there is a couple of ways I can approach this. 

1- Wristbands at my local House of Hoops/Nike Store. If the shoe is very hyped up I will probably not do this. 

2- Pre-Order, many people are pre-ordering from Eu and American sites to assure you get a pair. If your not on top of your game and checking at proper times, will be very hard to do. Since your new, I'd advise not to use this.

3- Have a connect, this person i'm becoming friends with has a cousin at HOH. His cousin also holds pairs, will try to get pairs held.

4- Online. I only trust one website, and that is NDC (nike.com). Every release I've got online has been through them. BUT if I have to I will use eastbay or footlocker. If the release is on a Saturday, they go up FRIDAY NIGHT AT 12. Don't get it screwed up 
laugh.gif

If you do not know your size in a particular shoe, I advise buying your size and a .5 up. Once you figure out which one you like better you can always resell (puts on flame suit) or return the pair.

Good luck 
pimp.gif
just to clarify lets say a shoe releases wednesday, it'll be online the minute it turns midnight on tuesday?

laugh.gif

Good luck 
pimp.gif
just to clarify lets say a shoe releases wednesday, it'll be online the minute it turns midnight on tuesday?

Yessir, also you should follow the companies on twitter because they give you direct links on there. 

laugh.gif

Good luck 
pimp.gif
good post, and to be more specific they go up at 12 A.M eastern time, so be careful if you live on the westcoast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom