Cal-Berkeley Cuts Five Athletic Programs

Just cut all athletics from UC San Diego... it's not like the students there pay attention to that anyway.

I actually wonder how much our school would save.

There is rugby still, just got turned into some varsity club %$*. SMH. The only thing Cal was great at consistently too.

They can always tell Coach Tedford to make some donation too. He making too much. But yeah, college football generates a lot more money than college baseball.

There is rugby still, just got turned into some varsity club %$*. SMH. The only thing Cal was great at consistently too.

They can always tell Coach Tedford to make some donation too. He making too much. But yeah, college football generates a lot more money than college baseball.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Just cut all athletics from UC San Diego... it's not like the students there pay attention to that anyway.

Seriously.
laugh.gif
 5 people show up to our basketball games.

Seriously.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Seriously.
laugh.gif
Hahaha I dont think I have ever gone to any games here, our sports teams are just a waste of money. I laugh when someone asks me to go to a basketball game. 

Seriously.
laugh.gif
Hahaha I dont think I have ever gone to any games here, our sports teams are just a waste of money. I laugh when someone asks me to go to a basketball game. 

Seriously.
laugh.gif

Seriously.
laugh.gif

No more Cal rugby? Whoa
Damn. Best rugby team in the country too. My friend plays on it and he's probably
frown.gif

Blame Mark Yudof. UC heads know what's up.
30t6p3b.gif

No more Cal rugby? Whoa
Damn. Best rugby team in the country too. My friend plays on it and he's probably
frown.gif

Blame Mark Yudof. UC heads know what's up.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

[h6][/h6]It'll be interesting to see if they honor the scholarships and grants but I wouldn't hold my breath seeing that school is in desperate need of money so they'll help them transfer.
They MUST honor the scholarships per NCAA rules, just like how any NCAA transfer rule (wouldn't have to sit out a year) wouldn't apply due to circumstance. They will definitely try and help these kids continue their careers at another school though, but it would be hard to say if its motivated to get the kid out so they don't have to pick up the tab, or for the interest in the kid.

More info on UCSD dropping athletics would be appreciated

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

[h6][/h6]It'll be interesting to see if they honor the scholarships and grants but I wouldn't hold my breath seeing that school is in desperate need of money so they'll help them transfer.
They MUST honor the scholarships per NCAA rules, just like how any NCAA transfer rule (wouldn't have to sit out a year) wouldn't apply due to circumstance. They will definitely try and help these kids continue their careers at another school though, but it would be hard to say if its motivated to get the kid out so they don't have to pick up the tab, or for the interest in the kid.

More info on UCSD dropping athletics would be appreciated

Mark Yudof helped establish the Blue and Gold Program, which gave me free tuition. I can't say I'm too upset with him on that note.

Mark Yudof helped establish the Blue and Gold Program, which gave me free tuition. I can't say I'm too upset with him on that note.

Cal Rugby is what every rugby team should attempt to replicate.

They have been a complete powerhouse.

Cal Rugby is what every rugby team should attempt to replicate.

They have been a complete powerhouse.

California and the UC System is a mess right now
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
.....sooo glad I graduated from a UC with very little debt.

California and the UC System is a mess right now
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
.....sooo glad I graduated from a UC with very little debt.

Back
Top Bottom