California Chrome has won the Kentucky Derby & Preakness. BELMONT TODAY 6/7/13

Don't really follow horse racing, but isn't a big part of the Triple Crown being so prestigious and elusive is that it's three different types of races against different horses with unique skill sets?

We will never see another Triple Crown winner in this lifetime unless what Chrome's

owner just said happens. Secretariat, Affirmed etc were just on a whole different level

type horses.

So yeah...Why change it? That's want makes the Triple Crown so tough and

enjoyable to watch after a horse wins the Derby and Preakness.

Last edited:
1. TONULIST - DID NOT RACE DERBY OR PREAKNESS
2. Commissioner - DID NOT RACE PREAKNESS
3. Medal Count - DID NOT RACE PREAKNESS
4. CHROME.

Thx for the info

Wonder if this is something new or other triple crown winners dealt with the same circumstances

Dont follow horse racing at all

Plenty of reasons that a horse may not go in one of the prior races. The triple crown is incredibly hard for a reason. Enough sports and activities are watered down and made easier. Let's leave this alone

Last edited:
Smarty Jones was NEVER PASSED in his career until that Belmont race.

I was 13 when that happened. Was shook :lol:

yeah, smarty jones was a name that always stuck in my head even though i dont follow horse racing.
i was just looking up closest to triple crown and those were some heartbreaks

real quiet

Already watched today. Generally watch a few times a year. One of the GOAT sport performances to ever occur :smokin

My dad showed me Secretariat's race the other night. God bless YouTube. Could only imagine witnessing that run live.

There you go! Anyone who doesn't see the validity in his argument, well I got nothing for you.

so had cali chrome lost the derby/preakness badly would he had participated in the preakness/belmont?

you cant definitively say yes

the point is its not easy
was chrome at a disadvantage from a time/resource perspective? yes
but was it unfair? no

chrome is racing for the triple crown, the rest is just racing for 1.

think of it as soccer
every legit team has a shot to win 3 different trophies, league title, cup and champions league
you win 2 of the 3 and you are considered pretty damn good
you win all 3 you are considered an all time great team
some teams just dont aim for all 3 trophies because of resource constraints
chrome is the best horse this year, just not an all time great horse

Secritariat was on roids. Sorry to break it to yall.

Theres a reason horses arnt that big anymore.

Big brown is the only horse ive ever seen that i thought had a shot. You need striders in the belmont. Tonalist was easy money to at least place

My highschool ap chem teacjer was a degenerate race gambler and put me on horse racing way back when. He said in 05 it was never gunna happen again. Its fun to hype the chances tho

yeah, smarty jones was a name that always stuck in my head even though i dont follow horse racing.
i was just looking up closest to triple crown and those were some heartbreaks

real quiet

:wow: Woah.

Does anyone know what year they started testing horses for doping? I wonder if any former triple crown winners benefited from a testing system not existing.

Back
Top Bottom