California signs 1st in nation law for College athletes to make money VOL. NCAA endgame

:lol: EYE wouldn't have said anything if I was getting my palms greased. Not sure why people run their mouthes so much.

BUt not sure how the rules operate now.

It's like the worst kept secret
Screenshot_20210811-081720_Photos.jpg

So will players still live on campus and go to class? Dudes gonna be living in mansions and still expected to go to an 8am class where they're making triple what the professor makes.
I thinks that’s where you’re gonna have more “busts.” Imagine being 19 with millions of dollars, probably having a super nice pad, sick new luxury car, and still staying hungry to go to class, workout, and get better without being distracted

dope. overseas they sign grade school children to academies for football. they grow up in these academies while their parents get compensated and they get proper schooling, medical, and nutritional programs that the professionals of the same club get with the dreams of making the first team (pro team).
it would be like the bulls had a basketball school and got to compete at every age level and level of competition with hopes of making the chicago bulls nba team.

edit: i mean soccer
Curious how does this work if/when the kid gets older and the program realizes the kid isn’t good enough? Do they let him finish his education there and keep playing soccer?
I don’t follow soccer at all- I’m wondering if it’s extremely different than the US big 3 and tennis where you can give a kid all the resources in the world, they may or may not have the god given talent. Maybe soccer if you have the resources you’ll be good enough

Curious how does this work if/when the kid gets older and the program realizes the kid isn’t good enough? Do they let him finish his education there and keep playing soccer?
I don’t follow soccer at all- I’m wondering if it’s extremely different than the US big 3 and tennis where you can give a kid all the resources in the world, they may or may not have the god given talent. Maybe soccer if you have the resources you’ll be good enough
Tbh I’m not sure but there are def kids that don’t make it all the way. A lot actually. But In europe there are way more levels of professional soccer. There isn’t just the nba and nbdl. In europe the last 3 teams in the league get sent to the lower tier leagues and top 3 teams of the lower league get. Promotion in to the upper league. And that goes on for like 4 or 5 levels. so the kids might not make it to a top tier team but there are a lot of pro teams.

Heard something today about some twins on the Fresno state women's team. They signed a deal with Boost mobile and someone said if they maneuver their deals right along with tiktok, they could be making more than the schools president. Wow.

I still think jealousy is gonna cause a lot of issues on teams like this tho. You're broke but the QB that you're blocking for leaves class on a Maserati and sleeps in a condo.

Heard something today about some twins on the Fresno state women's team. They signed a deal with Boost mobile and someone said if they maneuver their deals right along with tiktok, they could be making more than the schools president. Wow.

I still think jealousy is gonna cause a lot of issues on teams like this tho. You're broke but the QB that you're blocking for leaves class on a Maserati and sleeps in a condo.
I think it’s the opposite. Like it was posted earlier, a protein bar is paying the tuition of 36 walk on players. The exchange is that those players are walking advertisements for that company. So even the lowest player on the depth chart won’t be scrounging like they used to.

Maybe I’m looking at this wrong

Are hush money donor payments still not allowed? Just give the money to Gatorade (or any company) to throw out these deals in the name of endorsement deals? Are car deals allowed? Make that money for sure.

I know there was talks of smaller stipends for players but has this escalated to colleges paying their own money for these players? It seems like it’s other businesses fronting the endorsement money. The universities are still making their millions and not sharing with most of the student athletes. They’re now just allowing outside donor entities pay them off with ‘endorsement’ deals. It seems like they should have both

Bout time even tho the big recruits get paid anyway. I know a dude personally who was recruited by most major schools for hoops back in 07 and he got a nice nice penny to go where he went. Partying that summer was crazy.

Back
Top Bottom