CALLING ALL FLORIDA UNIVERSITY students

Originally Posted by bns1201

Originally Posted by infamousod

UCF > FIU in football maybe. UCF has a better historical record up to this point but FIU is quickly surpassing it. FIU is opening its med school next year, already has a very successful law and large business/MBA college and has the second highest standards from incoming freshmen in the state.

FIU is taking over.

You, my friend, must go to FIU and are trying to defend it. There is no way that FIU is the second highest school in Florida. I go to UCF and trust me it is a lot harder to get into UCF then FIU, UNF, USF, and FSU. A lot of people I know got into FSU and didn't get into UCF. I also know a lot of dumb frickin people who got into FIU. And even they know they're dumb. And I think UCF is opening a med school soon so...

UF
UCF
FSU
then the rest....

well...i agree with you that fiu is definitely not comparable to ucf. whoever thinks that is just kidding themselves, really, and the honest fiu students willalso agree. i don't think fiu's law program is much to boast about either. i don't think anyone strives to gain acceptance into fiu's lawprogram...but rather use it as a backup if they must. also, as a future med student, ucf and fiu are BOTH opening up medical schools this coming Fall, whichwill be the first class for both of them. however, ucf is offering FULL scholarships to its first class, while fiu is not. i think this says much about thequality of students this will attract and their seriousness to a strong medical education. i also know for a fact that ucf has been recruiting hard for theirmedical school to obtain experienced faculty and administration staff --can't say the same about fiu, although i'm confident that their program will bestrong as well.

however, i think just like how the poster you quoted is trying to defend fiu, ucf is not quite up to FSU's rank in terms of academics. fsu is a more wellestablished school and STILL has slightly higher academic averages (princetonreview.com will show that). as a uf student, and as much as we hate fsu, i justgot to call it like the stats show it. i do know for a fact that ucf is quickly catching up, and may very well surpass fsu in the near future, but as of now, ithink fsu still holds a firm grasp of 2nd place in the state in all areas of study.

thanks for the info, good stuff

all of u are talking about med school and what not but im not interseted in academics as much as having fun. i want to live near the water so all the inlandschools are out of the running

rite now the three schools im intersted in are fau, fiu, and florida gulf coast. the only reason im intersted in fgcu is cause ill try to walk on to the golfteam

im undecided rite now but probably want to do sumthin with business

miami, boca raton or fort meyers sound real good to me rite now. the prices for out of state students ftl

I've lived in FL my whole life and %*$$ the beach. The beach is nothing special. Also the beaches where I'm from>>>>> most beaches yallhave been to. (Destin, FL)

Id rather be in a pool than swimming in shark infested, rip current pulling you out to drown to your death-waters.

all of u are talking about med school and what not but im not interseted in academics as much as having fun
laugh.gif
smh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ya need to stop....UCF aint %+%*, thats the school of all the valencia collegetransfers....So apparently its not so hard to get into too...

U.M.>>>>>>>>>>U.F.
[/color]

son there is a reason your first choice was USF cause its the $$#+ son. basically the only schools beter in florida are the big three USF has respectacademicaly they are coming up in sports Tampa is full of win from the sexy florida women to St. Pete with 3 diff major leauge teams we got YWHORE city thegreatest club spot ever ive seen people dead in the street straiught up get walked over I LOVE IT AND HATE THAT I MOVED TO WEST PALM.

Originally Posted by superbowlhomeboy217

Originally Posted by infamousod

(I personally know 2 people who were accepted to Harvard undergrad and went to UF instead)

FAU is the ******ed stepchild of the florida university system. I'd go to Barry, Nova or St. Thomas and pay private school tuition before I go to FAU.

I went to UF and FIU. the entire state university system is suffering major budget cuts, it's not the place to be right now. FIU is getting better but lost a lot of adjuncts due to budget cuts, I would still recommend it way before FAU. I don't know much about USF except that they have a decent mix of majors etc. I think FIU has more national notoriety at this point than USF.

especially if you have your AA done colleges won't care about your high school grades.

my personal ranking of florida's public schools right now, in general independent of majors:

UF
FIU (graduate)
FSU
FIU (undergrad)
USF/UCF
FAU

There is no way FIU is above UCF, maybe in one or two majors, but as a whole UCF kills FIU. Also, UCF > USF, I thought that was widely known but I guess not. While FAU isn't that good, I would still rank them above UNF, UWF, FGCU, etc. With the exceptions being UF, FSU, and UCF it is extremely easy to get into any Florida school. If I were coming from out of state and looking to go to a Florida school I wouldn't consider anywhere after those three.
SON i cannot believe you you put UCF in the same leauge ase UF AND FSU ucf is a freaking joke son straight up. i know a girl who is mentallyretarded about to get her degree from that school. we call that junk the 13th grade where im from cause damn near my entire senior class got in that place urkidding yourself and we know that UCF>USF thing is bs ESPECIALLY IN FOOTBALL whats that 0 for 4 against them BULLS BABY

Im an FIU student and I wouldn't advise you coming here at all. FSU, FIU, or UM would all be better options, unless
you absolutely need to be in Miami. In that case I would suggest one of the private schools like Nova or Barry.

Originally Posted by geminifly

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Im an FIU student and I wouldn't advise you coming here at all. FSU, FIU, or UM[/color] would all be better options, unless
you absolutely need to be in Miami. In that case I would suggest one of the private schools like Nova or Barry.

I wish to go to UF one day.
Its better cause i live in Florida and you know how they are about letting in state students in....
Sig check.

Originally Posted by geminifly

Im an FIU student and I wouldn't advise you coming here at all. FSU, FIU, or UM would all be better options, unless

u prolly got fiu or fau mixed up so which one of those u go to and which one do u advise me not to go to?

FIU's undergrad is the only cause for concern. it's been the weakest part of the school and hasn't been helped by the extreme budget issues theschool's been facing. aside from that the school is golden, graduate courses are on another level. the law school is modest and is definitely a backupschool to UF, all you see outside are UF alumni tags of Gators who didn't get into UF law, their stats are a lil skewed cause of their small class sizesbut they boast a very high bar pass rate.

I'm not saying FIU is the best thing ever, I'm saying its time to take another look at what they're doing down there.

Florida Gulf Coast sounds pretty lame to me I would take that off my list personally. There is nothing going on out there that I have ever heard of. I justgraduated from Broward College with my associates I plan on transferring to UF in the fall. I'm choosing UF because it is a good education and I think Ihave earned the grades to get accepted. Also, I'm a sports junkie and they are running it the past few years. Living in South Florida is awesome (I'mlike 30 minutes from downtown Miami) and I do take advantage of the clubbing, nightlife, and beaches, but I am willing to move for a few years to get a bettereducation and to experience college like living away from parents. I'll still have all my friends here and if anything I can always come down for a specialoccasion and have a good time. I wouldn't say bad things about FIU though my friends like it and the girls are bad. FAU I don't know too much about butwhen you get out that far north you start hesitating a lot about riding out to Miami to party. I would say go to FIU if you have your heart set on coming toFlorida because the rest of Florida doesn't compare to Miami.

thanks for the input, im leaning towards fiu at the moment, miami just sounds to good for me to pass up. cant wait till fall 09

Does anyone know about UCF's business program??..is it good?...and hows the campus life...and last but not least...the girls...

*no thread jack*

Back
Top Bottom