Calling in sick appreciation

who's calling in tomorrow?

pimp.gif

I'm unemployed but yeah I used to call in "sick" six times a year at my old job. We got paid up to six sick days per year. It helped skipping work cause I just hated working for my last manager, she was the worst manager I ever had.

Originally Posted by Finn

I'm unemployed but yeah I used to call in "sick" six times a year at my old job. We got paid up to six sick days per year. It helped skipping work cause I just hated working for my last manager, she was the worst manager I ever had.

take y'all $^#@ to WORK!

if anything you call off May 6th to recover.
smh.gif

rookies

^^^LOL, but yeah I'm loving the unemployment life cause I'm still getting my unemployment checks every 2 weeks.

^^Don't hate brotha, I was laid off at my last job. So now I'm getting paid for just waking up late and chillin' and receiving my unemployment check every 2 weeks. But your probably too young to know about all that.

^^Don't hate brotha, I was laid off at my last job. So now I'm getting paid for just waking up late and chillin' and receiving my unemployment check every 2 weeks. But your probably too young to know about all that.
Nah... I work to support myself and my daughter
eyes.gif

My grandma got laid off though 7 months before she could retire. She got a severance, but she doesn't get unemployment.

She got another job. YOU'RE too lazy to take your @+@ back to work.

^^If your grandma went through it then you should know what being laid off is like, especially in this economy. And how do you know I'm not looking for a job?.....Yeah that's what I thought....I swear NT is just full of clowns now.....

lol... go look for a job, but on the real, I'd probably be waking up late, partying every night if I were collecting unemployment..

^^Yeah, I hear ya playa, I'm looking for a job right now but as everyone knows the economy is bad, especially out here in California. I'm sending out resume's so I should be getting a job soon. It's just pathetic to see cats trying to clown, especially since I'm getting paid very well off of my unemployment. I can pay my rent and still have money left over.

i collected for 6 months...so wavy
pimp.gif

but i got a new job the first place i looked
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

man the job market out here in california is real bad. the unemployment rate is almost 20% out here.

i been collecting unemployment since last june and if people don't like it they can blow me or offer me a job that pays the same or more then what i was making at my last job.

i didn't wake up one day and say i wanted to stop working, my former employer terminated me and the rest of the staff over sales numbers we had no control over, you can pester and nag customers about add on items all you want but if they say no they say no and thats that.

what pissed me off most is that my former employer tired to appeal my unemployment twice. if you don't want people collecting unemployment, then don't fire them for stupid reasons then have a dumbfounded look on your face when they apply for unemployment.

i've tried applying at a ton of places and thought i would easily get something based off my past experience, education, and the fact that unlike most people looking for a job i dress up and carry myself respectfully and properly while looking for a job. all i've gotten offered were part time jobs or jobs that paid significantly less then what i make on my bi weekly unemployment checks so it's common sense to turn those jobs down when i would be making less working then i am for not working. i see unemployment as me having leverage to find a better job then my past job. remember i didn't ask to be fired nor did i have any prior discipline problems at my old place of work, so why should i settle for something less.

i won't lie though, i have been enjoying myself at times, i've made a few trips to new york and a few vegas trips since i have the time to, and also just because i'm unemployed it doesn't mean i need to sit at home all day crying about it. i look for work actively almost every week and can't find nothing decent. it is what it is.

^^My man Cedric dropping knowledge on these cats that don't know. I'm telling ya, people talk out of their @@s without knowing. As mentioned the California market is no freaking joke right now. I've been sending out resume's for months now and I've gotten a few calls but they just don't want to pay me close to what I'm worth or close to what I was making at my old job. I have a college degree and mad experience in what I do so why would I settle for a crappy paying job? And since I was getting paid well at my last job I get a good amount on my unemployment checks every 2 weeks. I got my own apartment here in Compton and I'm able to pay my rent and still have money to chill off my unemployment checks.

whats so special bout tomorrow to be calling off ???? its just a Wednesday i like saving my calls off days for fridays or mondays so i get those long weekends
laugh.gif
but considering work is slowing down i wanna call off but its easy work so fuk it
laugh.gif

now if i won the mega lotto i would be calling off the rest of the week
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^My man Cedric dropping knowledge on these cats that don't know. I'm telling ya, people talk out of their @@s without knowing. As mentioned the California market is no freaking joke right now. I've been sending out resume's for months now and I've gotten a few calls but they just don't want to pay me close to what I'm worth or close to what I was making at my old job. I have a college degree and mad experience in what I do so why would I settle for a crappy paying job? And since I was getting paid well at my last job I get a good amount on my unemployment checks every 2 weeks. I got my own apartment here in Compton and I'm able to pay my rent and still have money to chill off my unemployment checks.

exactly how it is here.  people can preach all that find a job crap but your a damn fool if you would settle for less when you don't have to.

it really hit me this past summer  when i would go out dressed up with my resume, talking to people, filling out applications, and damn near selling myself only to either not get a job, or get offered crap wages and crap part time hours that i can't pay my bills with.

as long as your actively seeking work and doing something productive then your doing what you should be doing.

with all the extensions and 20 weeks of federal ed i think it's 99 weeks total.

i think you could apply again if you lose your job for a legit reason and you had that job for 3 months are more.

still while it's good to have those checks comming in to keep you on your feet in a time like this, it sucks because you have too much free time on your hands and there's only so much you can do on 80% of your old salary when you factor in bills and expenses which is why i want to find something soon.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Quick question- How long can you collect unemployment checks for? And how many times can you apply for them?

It depends, every state is a little different but for the most part you'll get approved for 6 months initially and then you'll get another 6 month extension so that makes it a year. But now since the economy is so bad you might get an additional extension of 3 months or so. So you can collect unemployment for a total of about 15 months roughly.

call out of work, nap, wake up at 10am , light a doobie with some hash, call up your boys

pimp.gif

sup my :pimp:s too big

Back
Top Bottom