535 Receptions
8,657 Yards
61 TD's

1 Playoff game. 12 receptions, 211 yards, 2 TD

Larry Fitzgerald, at 30, is sitting at:
800 Receptions
10,883 yards
82 TD's

6 Playoff games. 42 receptions, 705 yards, 9 TD.

:nerd:

Fitz is my man. He's had a great career especially that 08 season, but nah. Calvin is a different kinda human. This dude was created in some government lab. Fitz playing with bum *** QB's really hurt his #'s. :smh:

wtf does Matthew Stafford have to do with anything?

I'm waiting for him to bring up Suh.

:lol:

Last edited:
wtf does Matthew Stafford have to do with anything?

Because since Matt Stafford has been healthy Calvin Johnson has produced on a historic pace.

Unlike Fitz with a middle aged quarterback. After Warner retired it's been bum after bum with Fitz hurting his greatness.

Say what you want about Stafford but his effect on Calvin's production is undeniable.

Last edited:
how much does the fact that today's NFL is much more a passing league factor in? it has to at least a little since we knock today's QB performances down a bit because of it...

What I find interesting is that there are some who believe Jerry Rice was the greatest football player ever. If you agree with that statement (far from outlandish), then wouldn't Calvin Johnson Jr. be GOAT NFL player. Maybe one day, but that's extremely lofty praise at this point of his career.
That statement above is just another factor as to why Calvin will most likely NEVER be the greatest receiver of all-time.  Simply put, Rice is considered by some as the greatest football player of all-time, not just receiver but greatest football player of all-time.  I don't see Calvin ever being mentioned in that light.
he may well end up as the 2nd or 3rd greatest player ever.
Not a chance in hell champ.  Those spots are already locked up. 

Even with bum QBs, his stats are IMPRESSIVE. If Arizona can ever get their **** together, he COULD (key word here) end up being an All-Time great.

Even with bum QBs, his stats are IMPRESSIVE. If Arizona can ever get their **** together, he COULD (key word here) end up being an All-Time great.

And so were Calvin's difference once Stafford shows up it went from impressive to legendary.

Last edited:
Yeah...A 6-year stretch. How could we? Shame on us.

Yeah because people were calling Calvin the GOAT after those first 4 seasons. LOL.

Ya'll knock these new age QBs for throwing for ridiculous numbers but don't say nothing about WRs. If ya'll want to call him the Greatest physical athlete to play the position then so be it but don't go posting "pumped" up numbers and 200+ and 300+ yard stats and put him on a pedestal.

Same **** ya'll did with Fitz and that playoff run.

SMH, he's phenomenal but way too early.

Randy Moss is the best WR I've ever seen. Biggest problem was his attitude. He didn't care and quit multiple times :smh:

SMH, he's phenomenal but way too early.

Randy Moss is the best WR I've ever seen. Biggest problem was his attitude. He didn't care and quit multiple times :smh:

Randy was impressive...especially in 2007. Jerry is the best I've seen without a doubt as far as longevity, heart and body of work. Calvin is coming into his own but without rings how can anyone consider him the best?

Not fair to default Rice as the best WR ever just because some look at him as the great football player. Factors that are forgotten or unkown can go into all that.

Some (that word again) say Babe Ruth was the greatest baseball player of all-time. He was the first REAL megastar in the sport. Some still consider him to be greatest ever. Football was experiencing a meteoric rise in the 80's and was taking over baseball as americas favorite sport by the mid to late 80's. That definitely coincides with the population turning on their TV's and seeing the Montana and Rice dynasty.

Rice was an amazing football player. One of the best, without a doubt. However, there is no undisputed, eternal GOAT.

Last edited:
Wasn't Randy pretty QB dependent when you look at where he did and didn't succeed? Those lost years in Oakland, etc. really have to hurt his case

Wasn't Randy pretty QB dependent when you look at where he did and didn't succeed? Those lost years in Oakland, etc. really have to hurt his case

It's that he quit that bothers me. Calvin put up 1300 10 Tds on the worst team in NFL history

"So when you Victorias Secrets fans bring up Dez's numbers versus during X amount of games against Irvin / Pearson does the same logic apply?"

You have exceeded your number of pathetic posts for today. If you believe this to be an error, please contact your system administrator.

Last edited:
Randy was impressive...especially in 2007. Jerry is the best I've seen without a doubt as far as longevity, heart and body of work. Calvin is coming into his own but without rings how can anyone consider him the best?

so for calvin to be the greatest wr he needs to win rings? what does a team accomplishment have to do with being the best at your position

Because since Matt Stafford has been healthy Calvin Johnson has produced on a historic pace.

Unlike Fitz with a middle aged quarterback. After Warner retired it's been bum after bum with Fitz hurting his greatness.

Say what you want about Stafford but his effect on Calvin's production is undeniable.

No doubt Stafford is the reason why Megatron is who is he today.

I don't understand how people can put Jerry Rice in comparison to this freak of a football player Calvin Johnson.

Two of hall fame QB's, Montana and Young, is the sole reason why Jerry is even considered one of the greatest receivers. Imagine putting Megatron with Brady, Manning or Brees.... it wouldn't be fair.

Last edited:
No doubt Stafford is the reason why Megatron is who is he today.

I don't understand how people can put Jerry Rice in comparison to this freak of a football player Calvin Johnson.

Two of hall fame QB's, Montana and Young, is the sole reason why Jerry is even considered one of the greatest receivers. Imagine putting Megatron with Brady, Manning or Brees.... it wouldn't be fair.

wow . how old are you ?

I say this all the time . Calvin with a top tier QB, including Luck, would be damn near unstoppable . triple coverage and **** .

No. QB's were Randy dependent. Cunningham just saunters back into the NFL well past his last meaningful season and having sat out a year or so and walks into what turned out to be one of the greatest offenses of all-time?...Randy!

Jeff George...Jeff frickin' George quarterbacked a playoff Vikings team and yet another explosive offense...Randy

Daunte Culpepper...Only had one good year in which he didn't have Randy. For the most part, he's been a bust of what people thought he'd turn out to be. Without Randy he wilted.

Oakland he dealt with nagging injuries...Just lost years.

No one believe Brady could throw deep until Randy showed up. He ushered in the new era Brady. Brady is an all-time great himself so it's silly to say Randy made Brady, but he defiinitely helped change the outlook on Tom's capabilities.

Randy was the playmaker on two teams that both ended the year as the most profilic scoring offenses in NFL history. Coincidence?

Last edited:
from the "Week in Review" thread

1. 1848 total yards and 15 TDs

vs.

2. 1964 total yards and 5 TDs

vs.

3. 1493 total yards and 23 TDs

please rank the above in order

Calvin is definitely the best right now , but let's not get carried away calling him better than Rice and Moss because hes great at getting a bunch of yards . hes nowhere close to either one of them when it comes to getting in the end zone

way too early to put him in the conversation of best WR of all time

Last edited:
The lengths people go to to discredit Matt Stafford on this message board is amazing.

No one ever said or implied Calvin is only good because of Matt but it can't be denied the effect he has had on Calvin's production.
It's undeniable

Dudes on here playing mix and match with players, teams and quarterbacks now.....
laugh.gif
.  Talk about trying to shuffle the deck of cards.   At the end of the day, you can only go by what a player actually does on the field and the level that they produce at.  With that being said, the greatest receiver of all-time is still Jerry Rice. 

Back
Top Bottom