Can 2 Parents and 2 Kids Live on Minimum Wage? According to New Report, Not Even Close

I mean, do they complain about it or is there some type of plan for a family empire?
3 kids and the on they way to a 4th...wife complains bc the husband is still into sneakers real real heavy. running up CCs. but yet she stays in red bottoms and 600 dollar sneakers.

on top of student loans.
They must be paying their parents bills?

nope and their parents take care of the kids...so they dont pay any day care.

they cool as hell but i got some sympathy for them at all.

Last edited:
i work with that couple that brings in at least 180k and they still leave with their parents and struggle. i like i told my gf, thats their faut.
This is what happens when you don't live within your means. More money = more spending for most , which then turns into a lot of debt and negative net worth smh.

Last edited:
i work with that couple that brings in at least 180k and they still leave with their parents and struggle. i like i told my gf, thats their faut.
This doesn't make sense at all. Unless what was mentioned above, they pay for additional expenses?

Or they live that Instagram glamour lifestyle and flourish lol.

This doesn't make sense at all. Unless what was mentioned above, they pay for additional expenses?

Or they live that Instagram glamour lifestyle and flourish lol.
It happens a lot more than you think. Same thing with high income and low credit scores.

Minimum wage jobs should be for hs and maybe college kids. Who even makes minimum wage, fast food workers? I mean it's not hard to get a job at home depot, bank teller, property mgmt jobs, etc. - and none of them are minimum wage, around here at least. If you are grown and still working minimum wage jobs then you ****** up. It'd not hard at all to get a job at least 2 or 3 bucks above minimum wage. Having a kid and especially multiple kids while working minimum wage is just irresponsible, but that's not surprising considering you are talking about an adult working for minimum wage.

Shouldn't be having multiple kids if you have a minimum wage job
The point of a minimum wage IS to support a nuclear family at the lowest livable level possible.

So yes...they can be having children. the minimum wage hasn't been doing what it ought to in years.

Minimum wage jobs should be for hs and maybe college kids. Who even makes minimum wage, fast food workers? I mean it's not hard to get a job at home depot, bank teller, property mgmt jobs, etc. - and none of them are minimum wage, around here at least. If you are grown and still working minimum wage jobs then you ****** up. It'd not hard at all to get a job at least 2 or 3 bucks above minimum wage. Having a kid and especially multiple kids while working minimum wage is just irresponsible, but that's not surprising considering you are talking about an adult working for minimum wage.

Why is it that the ability to reproduce should be second fiddle to my job? Doesn't that sound a bit off to you?

The minimum wage has stagnated and the 1% just keeps getting richer. I don't know why people are so defensive about capitalism's top earners when your fellow man is getting bent over by the same people.

Minimum wage jobs should be for HS and college kids only? Never mind that those same kids and their families struggle to pay for college with the rising costs in tuition. If middle class families can barely pay for college without taking out a **** ton of loans, what makes you think a 35 year old minimum wage worker can afford it in order to acquire these "advanced skills" everyone seems to talk about?

Last edited:
Why is it that the ability to reproduce should be second fiddle to my job? Doesn't that sound a bit off to you?

The minimum wage has stagnated and the 1% just keeps getting richer. I don't know why people are so defensive about capitalism's top earners when your fellow man is getting bent over by the same people.

Minimum wage jobs should be for HS and college kids only? Never mind that those same kids and their families struggle to pay for college with the rising costs in tuition. If middle class families can barely pay for college without taking out a **** ton of loans, what makes you think a 35 year old minimum wage worker can afford it in order to acquire these "advanced skills" everyone seems to talk about?
you make alot of good points. End of the day slavery still exist.

You address a really good point here. It's really interesting that a lot of people want to attack the poor while the elite rich gather and hoard a significant portion of the world's wealth. 

I feel like if you have money for more than 3 homes to live in (not counting income property) and 1 car per person at each home, you are starting to be part of the problem. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't be wealthy, but seriously.. set your kids up and let the money flow. We got billionaires just sitting on money they couldn't spend if they tried and then wonder why nobody is making any money....

...Then the people who come up start doing the same thing because they are afraid they'll be poor again. The money just doesn't circulate right. You can only tax someone so much to redistribute wealth so much... especially when they paid for your campaign and then the taxes aren't spent right because congress is dysfunctional.

and the stock market is one big hocus pocus circle jerk of money makers. I've started dabbling but I can't help but think... what idiot thought a global supply and demand system would end up being an equalizer instead of causing more income inequality. Job creators my ***. They get money to create 10 jobs at twice minimum wage and they end up making 2 at minimum wage and profit the rest. Trickle down economics created this issue.

Last edited:

I wonder at what point people will get sick and tired of the wealth distribution in the world.
And do what about it? 

Rich get richer... thats just how it is.

LOL at people getting mad at the top 1%. 

Last edited:
Read through the first couple of post.

Seen the blame the victim mentality

*not really surprised seeing as how society basically sees things in black and white with no grey area*

You're poor you must be lazy do something about it, your rich you must have worked hard and earned it.

nothing else to see here it's NT.

Youth unemployment is 18.6 percent and African-American youth unemployment is 32.6 percent

12-point economic program to:

* Invest in our crumbling infrastructure with a major program to create jobs by rebuilding roads, bridges, water systems, waste water plants, airports, railroads and schools.

* Transform energy systems away from fossil fuels to create jobs while beginning to reverse global warming and make the planet habitable for future generations. 

* Develop new economic models to support workers in the United States instead of giving tax breaks to corporations which ship jobs to low-wage countries overseas.

* Make it easier for workers to join unions and bargain for higher wages and benefits.

* Raise the federal minimum wage from $7.25 an hour so no one who works 40 hours a week will live in poverty. 

* Provide equal pay for women workers who now make 78 percent of what male counterparts make. 

* Reform trade policies that have shuttered more than 60,000 factories and cost more than 4.9 million decent-paying manufacturing jobs. 

* Make college affordable and provide affordable child care to restore America’s competitive edge compared to other nations.

* Break up big banks. The six largest banks now have assets equivalent to 61 percent of our gross domestic product, over $9.8 trillion. They underwrite more than half the mortgages in the country and issue more than two-thirds of all credit cards. 

* Join the rest of the industrialized world with a Medicare-for-all health care system that provides better care at less cost.

* Expand Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and nutrition programs. 

* Reform the tax code based on wage earners’ ability to pay and eliminate loopholes that let profitable corporations stash profits overseas and pay no U.S. federal income taxes.

- Bernie Sanders

Read through the first couple of post.

Seen the blame the victim mentality

*not really surprised seeing as how society basically sees things in black and white with no grey area*

You're poor you must be lazy do something about it, your rich you must have worked hard and earned it.

nothing else to see here it's NT.

It's cool to watch sometimes.

It's fun seeing people complain about poor people and what they should do, like people in poverty don't come up with the same ideas :lol:

The whole system is ******. I see people everyday who want a loan but are only collecting a check once a month for ~$700 for SSI/Disability but the problem is they are just fat most of the time. I don't know how they live off that little.

No one should be homeless or go to bed starving at night that's for sure, but penalizing the rich isn't the answer either.

Last edited:
Another thing that is bs is how back in the day, you could start out as a bagger or fry cook, etc and work your way up. They even promote that during the interviews and job ads for places like your local grocer or McDonald's. Some people know that school is not for them and have no plans of going to college so they buy into that while they work at these places in high school. They put in the time and effort and never get promoted.

You could have one wage earner in the home, buy a house, a car and live the "American Dream", now you have families where both parents work and sometimes work more than one gig to get by because milk was $3.75 last week and now it's $4.50 amongst other basic necessities.

All the stories of the older people talking about how they worked part-time at night to pay for college, now that money barely buys your books.

Minimum wage is too low. I concede that point. And having grown up in poverty, I definitely understand the limitations that such an environment places on people. However, I'm not going to dismiss accountability on people having multiple children in financially dire situations. I'm 30, and I never placed myself in a situation to have a child when I knew that I couldnt raise one at the time. I finally have my career and finances established, and I have just begun to consider parenthood. And yes, education has more than likely afforded me this sensible approach. However, common sense and understanding of financial limitations is something that is readily obtainable. The system and the individuals having children in impoverished situations are both to blame.

But, yes life is expensive, and wages have certainly not kept up with living costs, especially for those on the bottom of the totem pole.

Back
Top Bottom