Can anybody tell me some cool spots to visit/eat in New York??

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

Sbarro

escucha esto papi, best italian food in the city
or hit up kennedy fried chicken
lol which one? my family owns a few in manhattan, harlem, bronx

pimp.gif

While I realize I'm a bit of a foodie (not a food snob at all though I love cheap *&@^), there are a lot of terrible suggestions in this thread. To each their own when it comes to taste, but quality food is quality food. I am going to compile you a list if I get a chance
smile.gif

Im mainly look for any Good grub spots it dont matter what type of food....just no cliche spots that every tourist is use to. Im going to reside in Queens i believe...a few blocks from LGA airport, oh yea & im looking for a few good thrift stores too!! I heard about a Hells Kitchen Flea Market thrift store in new york.....any details on that anyone?

Originally Posted by leothegod

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Big Nick`s Burger Joint & Pizza Joint (Bdwy)
2175 BROADWAY, (77th St. & Broadway)
(212) 362-9238

Koronet Pizza
2848 Broadway
(between 111th St & Cathedral Pky)
New York, NY 10025

La Casa del Mofongo
1447 St Nicholas Ave, New York 10033
(Btwn 182nd & 183rd St)
this $!@ right here!!!!
i love it. during the day is cool. at night though its live, i didnt like how loud it was. im a lowkey kinda guy so i stay away from there on weekends/nights. i usually stay away from all nyc based resturants during the weekends.

Flor De Mayo is great also. its kind of cramped but you cant beat this place.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Hit this up for some authentic Caribbean cuisine. Or hit up the chimichurri (chimi) spots: Jerome, Dyckman, etc. 
laugh.gif

Take ya girl to Chinatown, try to pick out a place that looks decent and you should be good money.  NYC chinese food is the way to go for cheap & nice meals.

Someone please put me on a spot I can go grab food near Times Square similar to ESPN Zone before they closed
frown.gif

Still have yet to find somewhere with a milkshake close to what ESPN Zone had

Just to suggest something different since you're from out of town...if you haven't ever had it, korean fried chicken is amazing...it's pretty expensive (about $20 for a plate of 20 wings), and takes them like 30-40 min for them to make it, but if you don't mind the price, it's worth it imo, probably my favorite food...place is: bon chon on 5th btwn 32nd and 33rd

Another somewhat unique spot in the city - clinton st bakery on the lower east side (clinton st and houston)....if ur willing to wait 1-2 hrs for blueberry pancakes w/ maple butter syrup check that out. not a bad place to go w/ a girl for bunch, but it gets very crowded at times and the wait is almost always long

the standard, shake shack burger (og is madison sq park, but theres 4 other locations now - the tribeca/world trade center area one on murray st is usually the least crowded), grimaldis pizza (bk bridge), katz deli (lower east side), 53rd and 6th halal cart (midtown) are cliche/touristy, and there's gonna be lines, but the food at all those places is all very good, and they are unique to nyc. if you don't want to wait you should probably avoid all the places i just mentioned though.

my best advice is, you should probably just figure out which parts of the city u wanna see (soho, west village, chelsea, etc.) or figure out a few things you want to do, and lookup or ask about restaurants in those areas, there's a billion different places to eat here

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Big Nicks W 71st. Rigth next to Central Park and few blocks from the museum.

Shake Shack is also next to the museum.

See it gets 2 votes so far

amishpimp.. have you ever had Mad for Chicken before it closed down? I swear they had the best korean fried chicken. Had to put my out-of-town homies on to it and they been fienin' ever since.

also, if you like korean bbq.. I strongly suggest Kun Jip. Joint is so bangin I even brought my parents there.

im not a NYer, but I do enjoy going to NYC just to eat. Some of the spots I enjoy.

Crif Dogs in East Village if you enjoy a different hot dog. Extra bonus, you can walk through the phone booth to PDT and grab a drink (assuming you can get in).

Porchetta also in East Village (i think). I had my first experience with Porchetta when I was in Florence, IT. It may sound blasphemous, but the porchetta at PORCHETTA, NYC was better than the porchetta I had in Italy. If you dont know what it is, its basically a whole roast pig that is hollowed out, then stuffed with herbs, spices, and the offal. Pure crack, and is absolutely amazing.

its been said before but Halal Cart. Not just hype.

This thread makes me miss NY.

A buddy of mine stays in the Washington Heights area and the restaurants are great. There's this steak joint called El Conde on Broadway that's got some amazing skirt steak for only $24. One order is enough for two people.

Back
Top Bottom