Can Brandon Roy become a superstar or all-star?

We will have to see when Oden gets back that could totally change Roy's dynamic. It could very well propell him to superstar proportions.
But right now he should definetly be an all-star. He is leading a young Blazers team who everyone expected to tank after Oden went down. And its not like theyhad high expectations with Oden.

People can always have a lone season where they deserve to be an all-star, history is full of players you wouldn't believe were all-stars, so it'sdefinitely a possibility.

A superstar? That depends on how wide your definition of a superstar is. For me, a superstar is a top 10 player in the league, a truly elite player who isalways mentioned whenever the subject of who the best players in the game are. I don't see this happening for Roy.

Originally Posted by rocketzballa23

Well, Bill Walton has already deemed him a future Hall of Famer.
well in that case lock this thread
laugh.gif

He'd be an all star this year if not for Nash,Paul, and Williams having the PG votes on lock, not to mention Parker is also in the West.

^Zoomlito, info on your avy? WOWWWWWW

Anyways, all-star but not a SUPERSTAR. Doesnt have that IT factor, that swagger to make him marketable throughout the world

I think he's an all-star right now. Superstar? Thats up to him, and how he continues to develop his game

i think he's on his way to becoming an all-star and a superstar within the next 2 years.

the league is in good hands with the influx of high caliber pg play.

I think Roy can make it on the coaches/players vote this year for the All-star game. I would be surprised if he didnt if he keeps up what he has been doing.

Did anyone here not see that layup he made where he went up like jordan and switched the ball between hands in midair, then put it in?

Roy can become a superstar if he follows the path of Tony Parker. Many players think athleticism in the NBA is just about elevation. It's not. Athleticismcan be speed, quickness, and when combined with superior ball handling can become a deadly offensive combination for creating space, tying a defense in knots,and creating a plethora of opportunities for your teammates.

Roy already can finish at the rim with his left and right hand. It took Tony Parker a couple of seasons before he could consistently finish with his left hand.

Portland has a lot of young players that are part of the regular rotation that Roy can make a whole lot better. It should be of no surprise that MartellWebster is a much better player when Roy is on the floor with him.

ANYONE can become an All-Star word to Chris Gatling.

A superstar? That depends on what you define as a superstar. If you mean a franchise player then definitely. If you mean someone that Nike can build a shoecampaign around then probably not. But who knows, winning and stats changes everything. Having a clean image never hurts either.

But really though, what separates All-Stars from superstars? Shoe deals? Endorsements? Jersey sales? I'd really like to know because some of you dudesaren't being specific at all....

But really though, what separates All-Stars from superstars? Shoe deals? Endorsements? Jersey sales? I'd really like to know because some of you dudes aren't being specific at all....

imo a superstar is a player who on top of being a teams go to player, has a certain aura or as NT likes to say swag. A superstar many times does not even havethe talent per se just alot of hype and attitude to go along with being a good player.However, I believe that it he will become a perrenial all star. A guythat a franchise can have for his whole career. I dont even think he should care about being a superstar, just continue to work on his game. personally idrather be an all star with championships as opposed to a superstar with all that hype and never live up to it ala LBJ or TMAC and have no rings.

Originally Posted by EaglesTG

Man...T'wolves traded Roy for Foye who hasn't even played a game yet this year
eyes.gif
The Rockets had their sights on Brandon Roy that draft year, and ONLY Brandon Roy.

He alllllmost fell to the Rockets too. But, since he was off the board, the Rockets went ahead and traded for Battier.

Roy in H-Town would have been sweet.

Superstars go beyond their respective sports and into mainstream culture; even if you dont watch basketball regularly, you know who they are (AI, Kobe, Lebron,Shaq, Yao, etc.) . Until we see the Brandon Roy marketing blitz, he wont be a superstar, and i dont think he ever will be (Oden would be a superstar before himand he hasnt even played an NBA game yet)

ppl are forgetting about the young talent around roy. he's averaging 23 and 7 and people are making it seem like he's god. chill out. winning overratesya, that's what i always say. outlaw has been playing pretty well too i might add.

Originally Posted by haiti5

But really though, what separates All-Stars from superstars? Shoe deals? Endorsements? Jersey sales? I'd really like to know because some of you dudes aren't being specific at all....

imo a superstar is a player who on top of being a teams go to player, has a certain aura or as NT likes to say swag. A superstar many times does not even have the talent per se just alot of hype and attitude to go along with being a good player.However, I believe that it he will become a perrenial all star. A guy that a franchise can have for his whole career. I dont even think he should care about being a superstar, just continue to work on his game. personally id rather be an all star with championships as opposed to a superstar with all that hype and never live up to it ala LBJ or TMAC and have no rings.

you're right about tmac. but bron has gone to the finals at the age of 22 bro.

you're right about tmac. but bron has gone to the finals at the age of 22 bro.
but bron didnt win it all. my point is a superstar has usually unbelievable hype. thats jus what comes along with the territory, hell getcriticized for leading a pretty average team to the finals. its sucks but thats the truth. i dont think bron will ever win a title unless he goes to anotherteam. it aint happenin in cleveland imo. but back to the point, Roy has the capability to be a joe dumars to an isaih or scottie to someone. He just doesnthave that persona. in my opinion thats a good thing because people would set his expectations to high. i give him a few years and hell be a rip hamilton typeplayer just stronger

Back
Top Bottom