Can I learn a trade at 26?

Bro, with all due respect, you have no idea what you are talking about for one.

For two, I highly doubt anyone wants to be a plumber to benefit society.
I think both of these can be debatable.

We don't know each others needs, so it all depends on who you asked.

I think what you said hold true in modern countries, but in third world countries I don't. I they third would countries would give two f's about the stock market, but make it shine (give them electricity) or give them a proper plumbing system where it will lead to less deceases in their tribes/societies and they will praise you forever. 

At least I think so - I may be wrong as well.

Last edited:
it's not a question of can you, its do you want to
you can do whatever you set your mind to, good luck broseph

I think both of these can be debatable.

We don't know each others needs, so it all depends on who you asked.

I think what you said hold true in modern countries, but in third world countries I don't. I they third would countries would give two f's about the stock market, but make it shine (give them electricity) or give them a proper plumbing system where it will lead to less deceases in their tribes/societies and they will praise you forever. 

At least I think so - I may be wrong as well.

You're right. You just have to look at things from a macro and micro level. At the macro level...we need wall street cats. For better or for worse, that is what a modern economy needs. At the micro level, we need people who can provide us with services that we take for granted. I know I take the lights in my house and my toilet for granted...until it breaks.

OP, do it. Don't listen to people tell you it's not respectable enough. Licenced tradesman make good money!

It always baffled me how someone can wake up one morning and say "I think I'd like to be a plumber or an electrician". Like, really? Thats what you want to be? A god dam plumber. I guess someones gotta do it.

this is without a doubt one of the most stupid comments on all of NT. School isn't for everyone, thats a fact. If you dont have the financial opportunity, or desire to go to college, then why not learn a trade, and make more money than a lot of people with Masters make?

Of course not everyone working in a trade will make that much money, but it's much more possible than going the college route.

one of my friends is in his late 40's. Dude just graduated high school a couple months ago and is making over 200 a year.

I don't know if this was posted but get a cdl you'll never be without a job that pays less than 50k annually. From. Local delivery driver to fuel delivery and so on truck drivers make bank. Don't let the size of the truck intimidate you either once you go through training you should be good it's the shifting on grades on backing that get most people

It's funny when people come in these topics with "I know such and such that makes like 458467576432755437698 a year"

no shots..just observation.

There's a very small percentage of people that make 50k a year in this country

And an even smaller percentage of people that touch 6 figures.

Last edited:
when I was working at the cell phone shop, I had a guy that had his own plumbing company and cleared $200k...

gives his higher level employees cell phones...

started 15 years ago and expanded all thru north Texas...

It's funny when people come in these topics with "I know such and such that makes like 458467576432755437698 a year"

no shots..just observation.

There's a very small percentage of people that make 50k a year in this country

And an even smaller percentage of people that touch 6 figures.

This is true. I think it would be better to list not only the spread but the mean income of whatever profession you're talking about.

How many NTer's are tradesmen? I'm thinking about going back to school, just turned 26, and am interested in what it takes to become an electrician, welder, plumber, etc. I already have a degree in International Studies and Spanish but I want to be able to MAKE things.

I currently have a job with a family business but I'm not sure how much longer it will be around. Would it be difficult to learn a trade while working 40 hours a week? How is the job market for trades?
You're never to old to get into a trade, I've worked with guys in their 40's who where just starting off . Have you looked into union apprenticeships? They offer you a chance to work while going to school, so you learn hands on and by book.

^Why not - a lot of Felons apply for these type of trade schools as it will be a lot easier to find jobs.

But of course this is generalizing and it's not always the case.

It always baffled me how someone can wake up one morning and say "I think I'd like to be a plumber or an electrician". Like, really? Thats what you want to be? A god dam plumber. I guess someones gotta do it.
usually the ones that are failing their classes in high school

You're right. You just have to look at things from a macro and micro level. At the macro level...we need wall street cats. For better or for worse, that is what a modern economy needs. At the micro level, we need people who can provide us with services that we take for granted. I know I take the lights in my house and my toilet for granted...until it breaks.

Complex financing can provide proper plumbing. Proper plumbing cannot provide complex financing. Boom!

this is without a doubt one of the most stupid comments on all of NT. School isn't for everyone, thats a fact. If you dont have the financial opportunity, or desire to go to college, then why not learn a trade, and make more money than a lot of people with Masters make?

Of course not everyone working in a trade will make that much money, but it's much more possible than going the college route.

one of my friends is in his late 40's. Dude just graduated high school a couple months ago and is making over 200 a year.

Really? One of the stupidest comments on NT? How long you been around these parts? You can disagree and all but that is quite the reach my friend. Because school isn't for you doesn't mean you have to clean **** from peoples drains. You act as if it's one or the other, a prestigious university or menial trade. What's wrong with pushing people to have a little ambition? You must be a loser cause that comment obviously ruffled you.

Last edited:
some question are better left unanswer.

He figures since you are a felon - you have a habit (trait) - maybe drug dealer - car jacker - robber - etc. Thus, you have a trade.

but this is just generalization ....

Last edited:
Complex financing can provide proper plumbing. Proper plumbing cannot provide complex financing. Boom!
Really? One of the stupidest comments on NT? How long you been around these parts? You can disagree and all but that is quite the reach my friend. Because school isn't for you doesn't mean you have to clean **** from peoples drains. You act as if it's one or the other, a prestigious university or menial trade. What's wrong with pushing people to have a little ambition? You must be a loser cause that comment obviously ruffled you.
those degrees will keep u warm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom