Can one of you dressing better famb help me out

P.S. Bring some kind of bag with you and a nice leather notepad to keep several copies of your resume in.

Something like this...

View media item 511824
It's great, because you can keep notes during the interview and it has pockets on the other side for your resume. The reason why it's good to have a notepad is because it shows attentiveness and willingness to learn. Showcasing those skills does well during interviews. Trust me.

:nthat:

but seriously...

if the dude who got you the interview told u to suit up

why would u need NT to tell you to do the same thing?

I woulda wore a suit just out of respect for dude who got me the interview.

P.S. Bring some kind of bag with you and a nice leather notepad to keep several copies of your resume in.

Something like this...

It's great, because you can keep notes during the interview and it has pockets on the other side for your resume. The reason why it's good to have a notepad is because it shows attentiveness and willingness to learn. Showcasing those skills does well during interviews. Trust me.

And actually use the notepad during the interview
laugh.gif
i was planning on bringing something like that to hold my resumes but how would i take notes during an interview lol? where they just ask me questions

also what do you mean by short? do you mean buy a short sleeve dress shirt?

really not tryna spend that much but if i need to make the investment in myself ill try to make it work

my ideal budget is less than 300 for everything suit and shoes

At that price point try JC penny I know a lot of people have said that those suits fit pretty well off the rack.... also you should copy and paste this question in the dressing better thread. You'll get a lot more responses there

i was planning on bringing something like that to hold my resumes but how would i take notes during an interview lol? where they just ask me questions
also what do you mean by short? do you mean buy a short sleeve dress shirt?

During the interview, the interviewer will give you a brief overview of what the position is, it's corresponding responsibilities, company history, skills they're looking for and other things that they'll mention about the company and position. You're only job during the interview isn't to just be a "smooth talker". The other part of communication is listening. By taking notes and listening to what the interviewer has to say, it shows you have excellent listening skills and pays attention to detail. You won't believe how many people I've interviewed do this and fall flat on their face.

Ask questions and they will give you answers. Write down their answers. But mostly importantly--Ask questions.

Oh, and before the interview starts, make sure you ask permission to take notes. Some interviewers, myself included, will get annoyed if they see people doing stuff without permission.

When I mean short, I mean the fit of the suit jacket. Suit jackets come in R (Regular), S (Short) and L (Long). I'm not going to type out what all three means. You can Google that yourself.

Last edited:
At that price point try JC penny I know a lot of people have said that those suits fit pretty well off the rack.... also you should copy and paste this question in the dressing better thread. You'll get a lot more responses there
ok will do also

so you guys dont think i should wear this belt? i thought it would be subtle cause its black and the buckle blends in but if they paid attention to detail they could notice it

you guys suggest i  wear something like this?

During the interview, the interviewer will give you a brief overview of what the position is, it's corresponding responsibilities, company history, skills they're looking for and other things that they'll mention. You're only job during the interview isn't to just be a "smooth talker". The other part of communication is listening. By taking notes and listening to what the interviewer has to say, it shows you have excellent listening skills and pays attention to detail.

Ask questions and they will give you answers. Write down their answers.

When I mean short, I mean the fit of the suit jacket. Suit jackets come in R (Regular), S (Short) and L (Long). I'm not going to type out what all three means. You can Google that yourself.
oh ok i thought you meant one of these so i was confused at first

Last edited:
ok will do also

so you guys dont think i should wear this belt? i thought it would be subtle cause its black and the buckle blends in but if they paid attention to detail they could notice it
View media item 511830

you guys suggest i  wear something like this?
View media item 511832
There is nothing subtle about that LV belt. The latter is a better choice but still would be best if you actually get a dress belt like that posted above me. What happens if you wear that belt to a store that's not under the LVMH umbrella? :lol:

You can get a cheap faux portfolio at Staples for around $20 btw. And I agree with Hank, bring something to take notes and carry your résumé in. Something professional looking.

As for you not saying how to prep...then research into the world of high end fashion. Why is it different than other brands?

They'll ask you questions to see how you answer and how you think. I know I do. Halfway through the interview I already know who I'm cutting loose.

Last edited:
allright guys imma check out some stores later today and see what i can find

thanks for all the advice so far really appreciate it

As for your suit--

Go to Macys and get those Alfani suits. I've seen some go for $200 for both jacket and trousers. Shoes you can get for $100-150. Get the Cole Haans or something. Belt should cost around $15-$30. Shirt should cost $35-$55. Tie should cost: $30-$50

Total should be around $300-$450

It's worth the investment. You can also try an outlet mall if possible.

Last edited:
lol at the LV belt im at starbucks cracking up over it....but where do u live op???? maybe there others stores u can shop at besides department stores and still save money.

Man up op. your asking some very dumb questions that I'm sure you could figure out yourself if you thought more and typed less. Have you ever seen someone else wear a checkered belt to a interview and get the job? No hate but be realistic man

So everyone wants to just gang up on OP, we've all been there. Seems like everyones on their high horse having a good laugh iver the kid.

Theres good advice in the replies though.

Personally, dont go with the LV belt. You COULD pull it off, but if you were asking for suiting advice in the first place chances are you might not be able to. Its nice to wear with other outfits, pass on it this time.

There is no place where that lv belt would be fine with a suit
Casual dress is fine but if your wearing a suit, go with an actual dress belt

Hank Scorpio has been dropping some great advice in this thread, so props to him. OP, you'd do well taking his advice. (You're a real helpful dude, props on that.)

Jos A. Bank is another place to get some incredible deals on nice clothing. During this weekend they have a blow out sale online & in store on just what you need. You'll be able to find a nice sports coat and pair of trousers for around $80 dollars, and they provide free tailoring with a super quick turn around. (Usually takes about 1-2 days, meaning if you go TODAY, you'll be able to find something for yourself and have it tailored by the time your interview roles around.)

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/SubCategory_11001_10050_9208000
http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/SubCategory_11001_10050_1002010

They also have suits for $275 that include free tailoring as well. I swear up and down by their suits and their customer service. They really go out of your way to answer your questions and set you up with a good look. Their suits are here:

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/SubCategory_11001_10050_9207500

The only problem is that Jos. A Bank isn't in every city. If you don't have a location near you I wouldn't suggest buying it online, but if you do then I'd say go now.

I just wouldn't recommend buying shoes from there. Go to Macy's, Marshalls, Sears, or another department store to find some cheap deals on shoes. (MAKE SURE THEY MATCH YOUR BELT!!!)

& Good luck with that interview.

You'd be doing yourself a disservice by not wearing a suit. Always, always wear a suit to an interview. What wj4 is 100%. It's more about what you know than how you dress.

And for God's sake, do not wear a cardigan with boat shoes :smh:

You're going to a job interview not having lunch with a friend on a Saturday Afternoon during the Fall :lol:

Side question: How old are you OP?
the interview is on a weekday next week i have this weekend to get prepared

im a young college student not of legal drinking age

You scared to tell your age on the internet?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom