can one use RETROBRITE to "unyellow" clear soles???

hmm sounds promising, has anyone tried this on xi's before? any pics??

hmm sounds promising, has anyone tried this on xi's before? any pics??

The thing is though, it's for plastics and soles are rubber. Hope someone can test it out..

the name fits, so I hope it works. Haha

The thing is though, it's for plastics and soles are rubber. Hope someone can test it out..

Originally Posted by Daver

true but seaglow aint for shoes either...n on the site description it can be used for plastics as well. all yellowing happens from the same thing....im in favor of it.....
aye OP...u care to be the one to discover sum new? if u dnt i jus may try it myself lol. judging by the pix it dnt look like it needs to constantly be re applied since its a foam/gel...dats a plus...

EDIT: but then again the site says it uses a hydrogen peroxide mixture that can help u n do damage as well while seaglow uses  "very powerful fluorescent ingredients"

i still would give it a go... if it dnt work on rubber at least we may have found a fix for the tab on the 3's and other plastic items that yellow. win win right?? 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Daver

true but seaglow aint for shoes either...n on the site description it can be used for plastics as well. all yellowing happens from the same thing....im in favor of it.....
aye OP...u care to be the one to discover sum new? if u dnt i jus may try it myself lol. judging by the pix it dnt look like it needs to constantly be re applied since its a foam/gel...dats a plus...

EDIT: but then again the site says it uses a hydrogen peroxide mixture that can help u n do damage as well while seaglow uses  "very powerful fluorescent ingredients"

i still would give it a go... if it dnt work on rubber at least we may have found a fix for the tab on the 3's and other plastic items that yellow. win win right?? 
happy.gif

anyone one have some old beaters that they havent worn in years?
even them payless shoes will work...lol

anyone one have some old beaters that they havent worn in years?
even them payless shoes will work...lol

nah. i dont care to test it. hell, im scared to even seaglow this stuff. but i posted this because it does look like something that may help. it said that you could get good results by using a uv lamp for atleast 8 hours. i thought thats a good idea for people who dont live where its sunny all the time or are scared to leave there shoes outside. i know where i live, i couldent leave my shoes outside, they would be stolen. i dont have a patio or fenced in back yard like some who have videoed seaglow demos. i hope that someone will try this. i think it looks promising

nah. i dont care to test it. hell, im scared to even seaglow this stuff. but i posted this because it does look like something that may help. it said that you could get good results by using a uv lamp for atleast 8 hours. i thought thats a good idea for people who dont live where its sunny all the time or are scared to leave there shoes outside. i know where i live, i couldent leave my shoes outside, they would be stolen. i dont have a patio or fenced in back yard like some who have videoed seaglow demos. i hope that someone will try this. i think it looks promising

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

u can use a UV fr seaglow to tho bro

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

u can use a UV fr seaglow to tho bro

i wonder if this stuff can cause seperation like seaglow does if used improperly.. thats the reason i have never used seaglow

i wonder if this stuff can cause seperation like seaglow does if used improperly.. thats the reason i have never used seaglow

Please continue using the sneaker care/maintenance thread for topics like these...

Thanks.

Please continue using the sneaker care/maintenance thread for topics like these...

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom