Can We Do Away With Walmart?

I understand it’s convince.

But it’s not convenient!

Went there in a pinch today for a battery for a car fob.

No help anywhere, self checkout was like 50 deep!

All 36 customer lanes were closed.

It’s been a while since I’ve been in one but it’s worse then I remember.

How are we letting them get away with this?

I don't like it at all. The one by my place is constantly getting shoplifted so they bag check everyone at the front. They even had bike pumps and hair products behind locked cages. No thanks

Unfortunately this is the result of higher wages (which I fully support). These bigger corporations are going to replace employees with electronics rather than pay a livable wage

I love jimmy dean breakfast bowls and they are the cheapest at wallyworld. Hell everything I buy is normally cheaper there than anywhere else including amazon

I refuse to shop in one. My friends hated me for it when we did group trips because I’d make them drive to another grocery store but I can’t support that sort of business practices. I don’t care that I save a few bucks, I’m lucky where $5 saved on a grocery bill isn’t going to change my life and I rather purchase at a store that treats their employees a bit better.

They've always been like that. A gazillion checkout lines w/ only 1 open.

If I have to go there I only go in the morning on a weekday when nobody is shopping, but I try to avoid it like the plague. Publix ftw.

I never used to shop there until they built a new one in a nicer area 15 min from me. I found the magical Walmart. As a general rule, you never want to go to Walmart after 5pm.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 20-26-50 (GIF Image 700 × 394 pixels).png

I love Walmart, been shopping there since the 80s or early 90s, can’t remember.

Walmart prices support families who don’t have as much which is a good thing.

I love jimmy dean breakfast bowls and they are the cheapest at wallyworld. Hell everything I buy is normally cheaper there than anywhere else including amazon
The prices here are about the same or higher than the groceries at stop and shop or target.

I don't like it at all. The one by my place is constantly getting shoplifted so they bag check everyone at the front. They even had bike pumps and hair products behind locked cages. No thanks
Mine had deodorant locked behind a glass.

Who is that stinky that they need to steal deodorant?

I never used to shop there until they built a new one in a nicer area 15 min from me. I found the magical Walmart. As a general rule, you never want to go to Walmart after 5pm.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 20-26-50 (GIF Image 700 × 394 pixels).png
IDK man I'd go the one near me like 1-2 hours before closing and it was nice and empty. I could take my time going thru the aisles and looking at stuff versus during daytime hours when a bunch of mouthbreathers are packed inside

Walmart, Costco and all these box stores, the trick is to go when they first open and when they are about to close. Avoid weekends.

Groceries are cheaper at grocery stores than at Walmart. Don't know why people do their grocery shopping there.

Some Walmarts used to be 24hrs and they stopped since COVID. Used to go late nights to avoid the crowds.

Ain't been to Walmart since they stopped having 7.98 12 packs of Topo Chico available. Saw it at another grocery store recently for 15.99 for the 12 pack. Ultra wildin.

Stuff is cheaper at mine, not a whole lot but slightly cheaper. It’s whatever and I only go in when I happen to go to Burlington which is next door to it. Usually just for snacks/drinks.

Last edited:
The most useful thing bout WalMart was when PreCovid they were open 24/7.

I use to get off work about 2:30 am and just walk around. Fewer people. Calm.peaceful. just to kinda wind down.

Might eem **** around and buy some ****.

But now everything closes before I get off.

**** sucks.

Last edited:
Is there only like one place to go in your town? I personally use Amazon Fresh/Whole Foods but 1-2x a month I go on runs with my mom to help her with all the heavy stuff. Usually it includes Walmart (there’s a Target around the corner but idk preferences? :lol: ) and Sam’s Club (same as Costco).

I guess I don’t have a good comparison point but I feel like whether we go on a weekday or weekend (usually around 11-2) that Walmart lines are consistently quick. All self-checkout with no real waiting to get one. Looks kind of like what eracism eracism posted. Store is kind of always a bit crowded due to the aisles being so damn small but it’s still manageable.

Sam’s Club is like the got damb Wild Wild West doe :sick: Gotta be cautious as hell in there not to run into something else. Pretty much all self checkout there which isn’t problematic for me but I can’t say the same for all customers. You just need to pick your line carefully based on data analytics and hope for the best :lol: I don’t understand how folks don’t put stuff in their cart in and orderly fashion with the bar code facing up so they can zoom through the scanning :smh:

I'll stick to HEB when possible. The ones here are always fully staffed and I think they start at pretty decent wages. If they can pay people decent money and be fully staffed, there should be no excuses for 3 cashiers at Wal-Mart if I'm lucky.

Back
Top Bottom