Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

I never really gave Jesse Boykins III a chance. That track up there isn't bad at all so now would be a good time to start.

Jesse Boykins music embodies everything right with new soul music yet he is CRIMINALLY slept on.

i challenge you to only listen to his track I Wish once.

Zoner
Amorus
Sunstar
Come to my room
Be all truth
The Sea

criminally slept on

Jesse Boykins music embodies everything right with new soul music yet he is CRIMINALLY slept on.

i challenge you to only listen to his track I Wish once.

Zoner
Amorus
Sunstar
Come to my room
Be all truth
The Sea 

criminally slept on
This JB III track is fire.  Lovin' that new album with Melo X.

I recently discovered BJ The Chicago Kid.  Damn, I've been sleeping.

Introducin' Miles Bonny to those that don't know.

Last edited:
^
pimp.gif
I was just about to post Hiatus Kaiyote lol, I have Tawk Tomahawk open right now in my other window

Here's their album for anyone who wants to check it out:
http://hiatuskaiyote.bandcamp.com/

Another song I really like from them:
I finished listenting to their debut album.  Wow.  I'm not sure how this group escaped me last year.  "Nakamurra" is ridiculous.  What a voice.  

Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information

Shuggie's Inspiration Information album was so way ahead of it's time. True heads would really appreciate this album. I highly recommend for any serious music lover. It was reissued years ago on Luaka Bop records (founded by Talking Heads' David Byrne). Looks like he's releasing some more stuff & going on tour...

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/shug...rmation-wings-of-love-international-tour.html

Psychedelic soul master Shuggie Otis is entering a new phase of his superbly impressive musical career. The man who’s responsible for the Brothers Johnson’s 1977 pop hit “Strawberry Letter 23″ and who has slung his guitar for acts like Etta James, Charles Brown, Frank Zappa, Mos Def, and his own father Johnny Otis, is back with an unreleased 2-CD album titled Inspiration Information/Wings Of Love. Sound familiar? Widely regarded as a masterpiece, Inspiration Information was the third and final Shuggie Otis release. Generation after generation has found it to be musically inspiring and even hits like Outkast‘s “Ms. Jackson,” Beyonce‘s “Gift From Virgo,” and Digable Planets‘ “For Corners,” among others, have sampled from the album. Now, Shuggie has personally supervised the restoration of the original album plus four previously unreleased tracks recorded around the same time, all of which will comprise disc 1. Disc 2, Wings Of Love, is a new album of previously unreleased live and studio tracks recorded between 1975 and 2000. To commemorate his return, Shuggie began his Shuggie Otis Rite Tour in November 2012. He’s since traveled through Europe, and will continue the international tour this Winter and Spring. Check below for tour dates and stay tuned for more (inspiration) information on what will surely be another Shuggie Otis masterpiece.

THE SHUGGIE OTIS RITE TOUR

February 23 - Mexico City, Mexico – El Plaza Condesa

March 23 – Sydney, Australia – Enmore Theater

March 24 – Melbourne, Australia – Hamer Hall

March 26 – Brisbane, Australia – The Tivoli Theatre

March 28-29 – Byron Bay, Australia – Bluesfest

March 31 – Tokyo, Japan – Billboard Live Tokyo (early show)

March 31 – Tokyo, Japan – Billboard Live Tokyo (late show)

April 1 – Tokyo, Japan – Billboard Live Tokyo (early show)

April 1 – Tokyo, Japan – Billboard Live Tokyo (late show)

April 14 – Toronto, Ont. – Phoenix Concert Theatre

April 17 – Chicago, IL – Lincoln Hall

April 18 – New York, NY – BB King’s Blues Club and Grill

April 21 – Washington, DC – The Howard Theatre

April 23-24 – Seattle, WA – The Triple Door

April 26 – San Francisco, CA – Mezzanine

April 27 – Los Angeles, CA – El Rey Theatre

Brothers Johnson - I'll Be Good To You

Some more old school...

Shalamar - This Is For The Lover In You

Delegation - Oh Honey

Switch - There'll Never Be

I posted this in the Bred XI thread after heads missed the online drops..

I thought Bobby Vs msg was appropriate at the 1:50 mark..  

\

Prince - Screwdriver

Hope Prince doesn't shut this song down. He never lets his stuff play on YouTube. Longtime Prince fan...Love his new song...Dude still ballin'

D'angelo - Feel Like Makin' Love

The artist formally known as Terence Trent D'Arby - Let's Go Forward

Simply Red - Holding Back The Years

Last edited:
Alice Russell - Heartbreaker, Twin Peaks, & Let us be Loving

Another Brit soulster...

Last edited:
Popped up on shuffle a few minutes ago and I wound up doing 90+ down the West Side Highway.

These cats out here looking like Sexual Chocolate.....HA!

Yeah Alice is great. Has she done anything since Pot of Gold?

Someone on twitter called Miles Bonny "the white Dwele" :lol:

If anyone is familar with Blu, then you should know Nia Andrews. She has a new song called The Lovers which is pretty good... It's available as a free download on her BandCamp site... I give it 3 1/2 NikeTalks (out of 5).

Last edited:
Chaka Khan - What Cha Gonna Do For Me

Loose Ends - Hanging On A String

Gap Band - Outstanding (12" Version)

Robert Wilson (RIP) lays down such a type rhythm on this jawn...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom